Network Vision/LTE - Ft. Wayne/South Bend Market

emburybrett

• 3 weeks later...
eHRPD here in Wabash, IN has gone from eHRPD:13 to eHRPD:14 if that makes a difference. Tower has been "upgraded" hardware wise. Does the last number in the eHRPD mean anything different?

Nope. Doesn't mean a thing, unfortunately.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Any timeline when 4g will be turned on here? (Wabash)

No. They are working on dozens of sites at once. The moment each site finishes and passes inspection, it goes live.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Is it just me or has the 3G become dramatically worse since December?

Not just you, I only usually hit .2 mbps down .4 upload, and the highest speeds at night of 1.1 mbps down .8 up. The best speeds are coming from the tower by 24 and 13. usually 2.25 mbps down. I think i connect to the tower by the river.

• 2 weeks later...

Sprint has started to advise corporate store employees that 3g and 800 updates will start in our area soon in clusters. They told employees to expect complaints with poor network performance similar to the Chicago markets troubles but promised that they have learned alot from chicago.

The first cluster to start from what i understand is near huntington IN on the 18th.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Sprint has started to advise corporate store employees that 3g and 800 updates will start in our area soon in clusters. They told employees to expect complaints with poor network performance similar to the Chicago markets troubles but promised that they have learned alot from chicago.

The first cluster to start from what i understand is near huntington IN on the 18th.

You being a Sponser can look at the maps and see that they have already started 3g and 800 updates.

4G's up and running in at least part of Wabash right now, as of Feb. 18th. I'm not sure whether it's coming from the tower up north by US 24, or the one down south by the Wabash river. (I live almost perfectly in between the two)

The speed's are slow (by LTE standards) at 4 Mbps-ish both ways and it seems to be flickering between ~95 and ~120 dBm, but it's still heads and shoulders above 3G, which is still stuck at sub-0.50 Mbps speeds.

Edit: Make that 10 Mbps down and 5 Mbps up. I just went upstairs (from the basement) and those were my results.

Edited by wifi_n

• 2 weeks later...

Here is where I am at and Wabash has LTE, even though its not showing in some spots.ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21362181763.348996.jpg

Sensorly is showing more coverage in Wabash now. There's actually a couple of towers active in the area, or at least accepted However, I think Sprint considers it part of the Marion area, and won't show it on the official coverage maps until they "launch" Marion.

Sprint's coverage maps have been updated to show less 3g and voice coverage in northern Indiana. Does anyone know if this is permanent or just temporary as the system is enhanced/expanded?

Elkhart/goshen launched officially this week.

Does anyone live in middlebury? There is a tower completely off line there and i was wondering if anyone was having trouble over there.

• 2 weeks later...

They really need to get the tower that covers the mall and north of that up and broadcasting LTE, after that the entire city will come online quickly.

I think they are having major problems with 4G by the glenbrooke mall. There is a 4G tower RIGHT behind that new massive ass HUGE crazy big Chinese restaurant. I think though. The 4G is spotty as can be in that part of town.

• 1 month later...

Be happy people :) I figured since SOuth bend started haven 1x 800 showing up. I figured well we'd see it soon :).@!

I'm finding this at 3:3AM EST here lol.. Last night I chcked the engineering screen and didn't see 800 at all. I was all over time. So I'm assuming they must have JUST turned it on, because now it says band class 1 375 on the SAME NID/BID/SID

Lm8WNP8.png

UXIxkK8.png

Happy man :)

• Like 1

Do you notice any signal improvement in buildings yet?

Well for the past 10 minutes i've been awake. It's been going up and down and has stayed at 3 or 4 bars. And I live in a Brick apartment complex.. So It's going to be up and down for a day or two