Network Vision/LTE - Ft. Wayne/South Bend Market

emburybrett

Is that towered located near US 20 and US 33? judging from the speed tests I took i figued the tower was near the middle of that X. I was getting 15mbps waiting to turn on to US 20. while as i moved away from there it dropped to 5-8mbps and finally down to about 1.8 before I lost it.

Is that towered located near US 20 and US 33? judging from the speed tests I took i figued the tower was near the middle of that X. I was getting 15mbps waiting to turn on to US 20. while as i moved away from there it dropped to 5-8mbps and finally down to about 1.8 before I lost it.

The pictures I took are of a tower north of US 20 about a 1/2 mile, just east of SR 19.

• 2 weeks later...

I know that NV work is already in progress in the Elkhart area. I was driving around the next county over (Lagrange) and noticed eHRPD on site CH03HO081 south of Shipshewana near IN 5 and US 20. I couldn't run any speed test's as they would all fail due to the low signal strength.

IMG_0001.jpg

Sites CH13HO700 (both near the city of Lagrange), CH13HO701(along I-80/90 on the state line), CH03HO112 (also along I-80/90, Howe / LIma Twp, near the state line) are all still 1X only so I don't know if there's any way to see if anything is being done to these (I would assume SB/Elkhart/Goshen will get done first anyways) towers without being able to see them in person.

Once you cross the state line and pick up the legacy corporate towers that are EVDO equipped they are still reporting EVDO Rev. A only.

I have also noticed eHRPD data in my home city and near Akron, IN (to be precise, at the Tippecanoe Valley High School). The signal strength near Akron was far too weak to transfer any data. eHRPD flat out doesn't work in my home city. My phone states that it is connected to eHRPD:14 inside the Settings app, but the signal indicator on top indicates that there isn't a data signal available All attempted data transfers fail while in LTE/CDMA mode. But if I switch to CDMA only mode, my phone goes back to 3G and works perfectly.

eHRDP is gone today? It was on for about a week anyone have any ideas?

It is not unusual in unlaunched markets for eHRPD to come and go. It will be back.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Yup already have a thread for that http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-328-sprint-marketing-updates-4g-lte-city-list-where-work-is-under-way-and-adds-20-more/ also to add guy in south bend was getting 35 Mb down over by UP mall and had a signal all day

Yup already have a thread for that http://s4gru.com/ind...d-adds-20-more/ also to add guy in south bend was getting 35 Mb down over by UP mall and had a signal all day

The South Bend LTE deployment is older news. To be frank, I don't really care about people living in/by South Bend. I only care about my tiny little town getting LTE.

• Like 1

All of is me driving the kids love it ;) its all on around Jefferson Point and the I-69 auto mall just today. I saw some crews on a tower by homestead high school. Reminds me when i woke up on day and my HTC Mogul showed EVDO.

• Like 3

All of is me driving the kids love it ;) its all on around Jefferson Point and the I-69 auto mall just today. I saw some crews on a tower by homestead high school. Reminds me when i woke up on day and my HTC Mogul showed EVDO.

Ah the Mogul, I loved that phone.

Keep up the good work of mapping LTE in Fort Wayne. I am waiting for LTE to hit at least the mall area, then I am getting a iPhone 5.

Benvino, are you able to pick anything up around the downtown or Glenbrook mall areas?

Check out the Sensorly map. Around Glenbrook low LTE signals but i was getting good speed. Then got good speed from the mall to downtown and the had to take the kids to the Zoo. And the Zoo was solid LTE :) not sure who was having a better time me or the kids.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
I've been picking up a good LTE signal on the East side' date=' Maysville rd, 469 and surrounding areas. Even with 1 bar, it's been around 12Mbps down, 10 up.[/quote']

On Sprint Android devices, the signal strength indicator never shows LTE signal in bars, only voice. Even when the 4G icon is shown. It is explained here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner