USCellular 700, AWS Spectrum, PCS Spectrum

supert0nes

Yes, I read the article and I don't believe them. I believe they got those blocks to control who has them and how much they spend for them. Yes, I know that they can't set the price too high otherwise someone would complain to the FCC but at the end the day, since they own it, they decide what happens to it.

Another point is that AT&T wants those B and C blocks and so Verizon can make sure they get the pieces that they really want.

That was just a pretty face on selling useless spectrum to them.

Good points. Forgot VZW would need to add band 17 to devices. And compared to AWS, remainder of B17 is peanuts.

Good catch.

Good points. Forgot VZW would need to add band 17 to devices. And compared to AWS, remainder of B17 is peanuts.

Good catch.

Nope.  You mean band 12, as VZW has/had Lower 700 MHz A/B block spectrum.  And adding device capability is practically irrelevant to throwing up license protection sites.

Simply put, the FCC lacks the investigation and enforcement power, since it has not taken me up on my offer to become Spectrum Czar.

AJ