Reporting bad signal areas

Feech

I have currently been working at my location since 2004. Since 2004 my signal is frequently -96db or worse. The only time I really had decent reception is when they put a new roof on my building. I'm not really looking for outstanding service inside the buiding but outside its worse with -115db and below. The funny thing about this there are two towers that are fairly close to me. I have had 4 phones all with the same issues and co-workers as well with issues with Sprint here. It's so predictable that when I drive into the lot I know exactly when my signal will drop and my stream of music will quit.

I would like to get Sprint to look at this area if that is possible anyone know if that can be done.

Coverage is what it is. Sprint is not really expanding coverage at this time. You will get some improvement with voice when 1x is added on 800MHz in your area. It will also improve again when LTE 800 arrives in your area.

However, there will likely not be any 3G EVDO improvement, ever, unless another tower or picocell/femtocell gets added in your area.

Robert

Honestly, Robert I'm not sure if its something else though. I actually think the coverage may be fine I wonder about downtilt or lack of. I just really wonder how 2 towers within a mile can be so lousy in this particular area.

Honestly, Robert I'm not sure if its something else though. I actually think the coverage may be fine I wonder about downtilt or lack of. I just really wonder how 2 towers within a mile can be so lousy in this particular area.

There are lots of things that can cause RF dead zones. Building obstructions, gullies/depressions, foliage, hills, etc. They will not adjust downtilt because of a RF dead zone. Downtilt is a very delicate thing and is figured based on very precise calculations and engineering taking into account the entire network coverage and the size and adjacency of nearby cells. There is virtually zero chance of Sprint adjusting downtilt because of a RF dead zone in your area.

What Sprint may do, if there are a lot of people in that dead zone, is possibly come in and install a picocell. Sprint is just now gearing up to add picocells to their network to augment capacity and fill in small coverage holes in high usage areas. The only other possibility is to buy a signal booster.

I'm sorry that I don't have much good news for you. But its the position that millions of people are in on all networks. I have lots of RF dead zones even on Verizon LTE 700.

Robert

I have currently been working at my location since 2004. Since 2004 my signal is frequently -96db or worse. The only time I really had decent reception is when they put a new roof on my building. I'm not really looking for outstanding service inside the buiding but outside its worse with -115db and below. The funny thing about this there are two towers that are fairly close to me. I have had 4 phones all with the same issues and co-workers as well with issues with Sprint here. It's so predictable that when I drive into the lot I know exactly when my signal will drop and my stream of music will quit.

I would like to get Sprint to look at this area if that is possible anyone know if that can be done.

Call sprint, tell them you want to report your poor reception. They'll take all the information and address and create a ticket. I've received follow up calls on the occasion if and when they do followup on your ticket.

In my experience and my friends who report coverage issues, they don't always do follow-up.

Good luck...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Feech, what kind of coverage does Sprint's coverage map say you should be receiving at this location? There is a range of Best/Good/Fair and Varies. IMO, unless they're telling you the location should receive Best/Good coverage, there's not much to complain about. If you decide to open a ticket with them on it, be sure to tell them (and don't embellish it in a negative way) the signal you're getting outside. And specifically, regardless of signal reading or bars, are you able or not able to use the phone to make calls while outside? Keep in mind, any complaints on indoor reception are going to be met with objections about indoor coverage, etc.

Years ago I lived in an apartment complex that was surrounded by towers and as soon as you drove into it, BAM, little to no coverage outside and no coverage inside. I did eventually open a ticket because I learned they claimed to have "Best" coverage there. In the end? I got a call from an engineer who told me they had had quite a few tickets there opened in the past and the conclusion from doing a field test was that the topography /elevation (the complex was in a big sunken/sloped terrain) was the culprit. This could be your situation as well .

Thanks for the info guys. I'll give them a call. I was acually hoping that on the website there was a place to report it. I guess I just wish that for a place I spend 9 hours a day the service was better. Its always been that way with me a Sprint though, always works between the places I really where I really need it..Sadness for me

Thanks for the info guys. I'll give them a call. I was acually hoping that on the website there was a place to report it. I guess I just wish that for a place I spend 9 hours a day the service was better. Its always been that way with me a Sprint though, always works between the places I really where I really need it..Sadness for me

There is a place on the Sprint public forums where people report gripes about network problems, but that does not mean anything happens with the gripes. It's just a forum for users to publish issues. I have seen Sprint reps reply to a few posts there, but about operational outages. Your problem sounds like a permanent dead zone that is inherent in the network coverage design.

So you can report your issue there, and to Sprint customer service as suggested. They might actually open a ticket. That does not mean the ticket ever gets assigned for action.