AT&T and Verizon ready their shared data plans. Does Sprint follow?

legion125

Well, it looks like the inevitable is here for most of the celluar population in the U.S. With the Big Two readying shared data plans should Sprint stuck with unlimited data or will it join the herd? What do you think Sprint should do to counter this? Dan Hesse is always tqalking about a "nuke" to shake up the industry. Does he detonate on now?

http://www.phonedog.com/2012/02/12/at-t-readying-its-internal-systems-for-the-arrival-of-shared-data-plans/

AT&T readying its internal systems for the arrival of shared data plans

AT&T CEO Ralph de la Vega has made it well-known that his carrier intends to launch shared data plans, but so far that's all that we've really heard on the matter. That changes today, as a pair of images sent to Engadget show that AT&T has made some changes to Telegence, its internal customer account management system, to prepare for the arrival of shared data offerings. The shot up above notes that a data note has been added to the voice node in Telegence's group level services window. Unfortunately for us, there's no real information about AT&T's shared data plans to be found in the leaked images.

Considering how long Ralph de la Vega has been talking up AT&T's plans to offer shared data, it's good to see that the carrier is one step closer to actually making those plans available to customers. Of course, when that'll happen is still a mystery, as the above image points out that the launch date for shared data is still to be determined. Here's to hoping that we actually are getting close to seeing AT&T introduce its shared data plans to the public. How many of you would be interested in signing up for a shared data plan? What kinds of data allotments and pricing would you like to see in shared data offerings?

@pyroscott I second that. I think anything other than unlimited on Sprint would make me serioulsly reconsider my cell phone carrier. Sprint is already getting closer and closer to the Big 2s pricing and cutting all of their other perks in the process. That would be the last straw for me.

@pyroscott I second that. I think anything other than unlimited on Sprint would make me serioulsly reconsider my cell phone carrier. Sprint is already getting closer and closer to the Big 2s pricing and cutting all of their other perks in the process. That would be the last straw for me.

I can understand that. But AT&T has started a whole new round of fee hikes and gouging to help separate it from the competition on price point. They even were basically saying they would have to practically punish their customers because of the FCC. Which is plain stupid.

However, I believe that Verizon has held their plans and fee pricing pretty steady. And now with family bundles, it can make them a little more competitive with Sprint too.

S4GRU is now mobile...posted via Forum Runner