Network Vision/LTE - Baltimore Market (including Annapolis/East Shore)

lequonrobinson

Robert, now that we have a little bit of historical information.

What is the 4G LTE tower completion rate / week in the Baltimore area. Doesn't seem to be real aggressive if you don't average in the initial roll out towers.

Also, I have been trying to fill in some of the LTE spots on Sensorly but that seems to be meeting with limited success.

The tower handshaking between 3g/4g/3g signals seem to struggle in the Baltimore area.

Washington area while traveling south on Rt 29 close to the Beltway i-495 I was getting full bars good pings around 110 but d/l speeds in the single digits. Probably 6 towers worth. Similar to when the 4G LTE was 2 weeks out in the Baltimore area. Just an observation. No scientific backup.

3G/4G handoffs work fine for me. Those pings & speeds are normal (sadly) for DC. DC needs NV more then we do. Even before we had NV, speeds weren't as bad as they are there now.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems as if the rooftop sites don't broadcast very far... I've been at Security Square Mall all day, and I have a weak LTE signal. It was to my understanding that the site on the Social Security building would reach over here pretty easily. I can actually see the panels on top of the building outside, yet my signal isn't good at all.

N87gd.png5smMq.jpg

It seems as if the rooftop sites don't broadcast very far... I've been at Security Square Mall all day, and I have a weak LTE signal. It was to my understanding that the site on the Social Security building would reach over here pretty easily. I can actually see the panels on top of the building outside, yet my signal isn't good at all.

Although this is a very general statement, most rooftop deployments are in very dense locations, thus downtilt is pretty severe. But this is not always the case. It is possible though that you are getting your signal from somewhere else.

Robert

Although this is a very general statement, most rooftop deployments are in very dense locations, thus downtilt is pretty severe. But this is not always the case. It is possible though that you are getting your signal from somewhere else.

Robert

The closest other completed site is around 10 miles away though.

The closest other completed site is around 10 miles away though.

You mean, the closest known site, right?

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

You mean, the closest known site, right?

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Yeah. I think I found the problem. I was traveling on the beltway (I-695) and noticed I had full LTE signal. I was surprised, as I have the completed sites map memorized, and this site was certainly not listed. I could very well be getting signal from there...

• 2 weeks later...

Yah, I would lose it at my sisters house at the corner of 97 and 140, she is in the back side of the hill from town. Soon as I popped over the hill got 4g. Like 15k down 5k up. Rest of town coverage seemed pretty good.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Yah' date=' I would lose it at my sisters house at the corner of 97 and 140, she is in the back side of the hill from town. Soon as I popped over the hill got 4g. Like 15k down 5k up. Rest of town coverage seemed pretty good.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

[/quote']

Your sure that wasn't 15mb down 5mb up. 15k down and 5k up is a little to slow for LTE.

Sorry, was typing fast on my phone.

13708 kbps up

6562 kbps down

53 ms ping

Server Fredrick, MD

Think I did the test from the Olive Garden in Westminster at 1 pm on 11/19.

13708 kbps up

6562 kbps down

53 ms ping

Server Fredrick, MD

I usually get my best speeds from the Washington, DC server. Would you be able to try that one?

Nope, I was just their visiting over Thanksgiving holiday. I'm back in Chicago and my hit or miss LTE speeds. Getting better daily though.

I was getting some LTE up in Hanover, PA when I was visiting my Dad, though I didn't run any speed tests.

13708 kbps up

6562 kbps down

53 ms ping

Server Fredrick, MD

westminster has LTE but only a portion of it. i have two clients in westminster..one is at the fringe and one is right smack int he middle of the tower's range..:)

I usually use the Baltimore server when I am in Westminster because its geographically closer as well as part of the Bmore market.

here are a couple of my speedtests in Westminster:

266956500.png

258121049.png