Non network vision 3g speeds. (speedtest)

My Sprint speed at home.......on top of an airave....

I need a free Airwavee my 3G is worthless............... But I don't want to pay for one, do you think Sprint will give me one for free if I hassle them? Waiting for Network Vision is hard. I just want smooth speeds at home!! Ps I only need it to receive Notification.

For me, the 1900mhz signal from the airave has better propogation than the 2.4ghz of my wifi router and it solves my dropped calls problem.

Now if you need it for voice and text I fully understand. They will give you one for free for that issue.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I just checked and the ping was 540ms, but speedtest.net said it could not complete (after repeated tries) the test because of "network issues." I'm in the Pt. Loma area.

Use wifi at home.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Yea but the DUMB iPhone 4S turns off Wi-Fi and reverts back to 3G while I am on standby thus I can't receive push notification and iMessage don't come through, They all come in after I open my iPhone and its connected to Wi-Fi....

• Like 1

Yea but the DUMB iPhone 4S turns off Wi-Fi and reverts back to 3G while I am on standby thus I can't receive push notification and iMessage don't come through, They all come in after I open my iPhone and its connected to Wi-Fi....

Oh noes! If you didn't get that iMessage from your BFF right away about "Apple pwned, SMH, LOL," that would be just terrible.

AJ

• Like 1

I noticed that mine only does this with certain networks.

That's what I also heard, that on certain Wireless networks the iPhone 4S turns Wi-Fi but I tried changing the wireless channel, protection and some other advance settings but to no avail I have a Asus RT n56U, if you have an iPhone and yours remains on Wi-Fi over 3G what router are you using? This would help me a lot and thanks for your reply and support :)

Oh noes! If you didn't get that iMessage from your BFF right away about "Apple pwned, SMH, LOL," that would be just terrible.

AJ

It's not that I really need my iMessage to come through the second they are sent but my mails come through late and sometimes they are time sensitive and I end up getting it a hour later unless I unlock my iPhone before. :(

That's what I also heard, that on certain Wireless networks the iPhone 4S turns Wi-Fi but I tried changing the wireless channel, protection and some other advance settings but to no avail I have a Asus RT n56U, if you have an iPhone and yours remains on Wi-Fi over 3G what router are you using? This would help me a lot and thanks for your reply and support :)

Mine doesn't disconnect on standby. My router is a Netgear with DD-WRT installed.

Mine doesn't disconnect on standby. My router is a Netgear with DD-WRT installed.

Awesome, did you check by pinging it via CMD on your PC? I just want to make sure your test was accurate :) May I get the model number? I might replace mines, this issue also happens with my iPad third gen, iPod 4Gen Idk why but I am starting to think its my router..........

Awesome, did you check by pinging it via CMD on your PC? I just want to make sure your test was accurate :) May I get the model number? I might replace mines, this issue also happens with my iPad third gen, iPod 4Gen Idk why but I am starting to think its my router..........

wndr3400v2

hmm...I guess it does shut off the wifi on standby. I just never noticed before lol

• Like 1

That's what I also heard, that on certain Wireless networks the iPhone 4S turns Wi-Fi but I tried changing the wireless channel, protection and some other advance settings but to no avail I have a Asus RT n56U, if you have an iPhone and yours remains on Wi-Fi over 3G what router are you using? This would help me a lot and thanks for your reply and support

Mine stays connected to my Netgear wnr2000.

• Like 1

It's not that I really need my iMessage to come through the second they are sent but my mails come through late and sometimes they are time sensitive and I end up getting it a hour later unless I unlock my iPhone before. :(

On top of that you are paying for a certain service and having push notifications is part of the whole package. If you can't get them, what's the point? So, yes, your being upset is very valid. It doesn't matter if the message is urgent or not. It's your message and you're supposed to receive it. If you don't, then there's a problem. I don't have an iphone (I'm not a fan) but if I did, I'd certainly want to receive my push notifications in a timely fashion (isn't that the very definition?).

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help :)

On top of that you are paying for a certain service and having push notifications is part of the whole package. If you can't get them, what's the point? So, yes, your being upset is very valid. It doesn't matter if the message is urgent or not. It's your message and you're supposed to receive it. If you don't, then there's a problem. I don't have an iphone (I'm not a fan) but if I did, I'd certainly want to receive my push notifications in a timely fashion (isn't that the very definition?).

I agree with you 100% but once Network vision is on, I should receive all my notification via 3G, but I want this wireless issue fixed.

My router won't even ALLOW me to connect my E4GT to my wifi. It simply immediately disconnects and kicks of all connected devices here at the house when I do. Does anyone know if what I'm describing is likely just a crappy router issue or if other people (especially those with Sprint-branded GSIIs) are having the same problem?

My router won't even ALLOW me to connect my E4GT to my wifi. It simply immediately disconnects and kicks of all connected devices here at the house when I do. Does anyone know if what I'm describing is likely just a crappy router issue or if other people (especially those with Sprint-branded GSIIs) are having the same problem?

How old is the router? Not sure how it correlates with kicking everyone else off....maybe interference, so try another channel?