Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

• 5 weeks later...

A new B41 setup just went up on a tower near my parents' house in South Allentown. The weird thing is they have the GCI set as 01A instead of 01B for B41, so it only shows as LTE in SCP, instead of LTE 2500.

I also noticed on my way in on I-78 that there's some 10x10 B25 popping up. SCP also doesn't recognize it, and just shows as LTE without the band. I confirmed all of this through the engineering screen. Some of this was in the small section of the Central PA market, and some in the Philly Market.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Then it is a nokia mini macro B41. Which has B25/B26 market but 31/32/33/39/3A/3B for the sector.

I'm sitting on sector 31 right now. So the mini macros use the same first 3 of the GCI as the B25/B26 setup and not the first 3 of the typical B41 setup?

I'm sitting on sector 31 right now. So the mini macros use the same first 3 of the GCI as the B25/B26 setup and not the first 3 of the typical B41 setup?

For some reason yes.

Sent from my LG G5

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was in philly this past weekend and noticed these all along market street at almost every corner. Any idea who these belong too. Also noticed my hotel, The Westin, had a Verizon DAS in it.

]

Those are probably Verizon and/or T-Mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've yet to run across 3xCA, mind you I haven't really left home in a few weeks (fuel pump went in my car) and I just got my phone on Monday but I've only seen 2xCA on my local clearwire tower which is as high as they support, went around the neighborhood today and only saw 2xCA as well, I thought 3xCA was more widespread?

I've yet to run across 3xCA, mind you I haven't really left home in a few weeks (fuel pump went in my car) and I just got my phone on Monday but I've only seen 2xCA on my local clearwire tower which is as high as they support, went around the neighborhood today and only saw 2xCA as well, I thought 3xCA was more widespread?

Do you have 8t8r towers in the area?

I found at least one mini macro in Allentown. Not all are 8t8r.

My site when I am at home is a Mini Macro, was told that by the guy I talked to a few months back from Sprint but it comes across as clearwire, which makes sense because it's on top of a hospital and it used to be a WiMax site before the conversion, can't wait for it to be upgraded eventually. I pull even with a -80 or so dBm signal maybe 30Mbps, that's on a S8+ with HPUE with 2xCA it sucks. :P

I know Philly and Baltimore have lot mix sites some clear and some 8t8r . I still have not seen any 3rd carrier band 41 yet. So many clearwire sites and both cities there is lot of congestion. I travel A lot to Philly, Baltimore, and thru Delaware and sometimes new jersey.there have not been any huge improvements in almost 2 years.

• 2 weeks later...

Well again on 3xCA I saw only around 60 down, this is the same area a few months ago where I was averaging 100 on my Note 5. This says one thing to me, more people are on Sprint now which is slowing down the throughput which is ok because 60 down is more than fine it's great.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I drove all the way from Boston, MA to Easton, PA and encountered only a few 3G areas along the way. They were mostly areas with just poor service in general. There was only one area I found in Connecticut where I had a strong 3G signal with no LTE. In Easton with 2xCA from a mini macro pulling about 30Mbps in the middle of the day. When I was in Bethlehem, PA visiting my friend's family, I had 3xCA from a Sprint 8T8R site and I was getting up to 74Mbps.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Was at the Eagles parade. Phone was totally unusable. No calls, no texting, etc. But it was a great time. So happy for the team and the city. Heard chants “F*** Tom Brady”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...

Went to philly last night for concert. volte work great and most of the clear site are now Triband carriers of band 41 .Average speeds were 45 to 60 mbps 6pm. and at 1130 pm speeds just up to 80 to 100 mbps . Philly improved alot last 6 months.

• Like 3