HappyHappy

Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

Nexus 5.

Is the nexus 5 and 6 capable of carrier aggregation

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nexus 5.

Im sure you are aware that the N5 does not support CA.

So it's all about capacity for you, not peak speed.

Is the nexus 5 and 6 capable of carrier aggregation

Nope.

Nexus 5.

If you had a CA capable device, you'd likely see speeds around 30Mbps. Instead, you are just seeing the second carrier which has speeds similar to the first carrier. Not really a speed boost... but certainly a capacity boost.

Nope.

Is it capable of just 10mhz band 41

Nope.

AJ

OK and I m planing to visit Manhattan very soon...particularly times square ....how's the coverage and speeds there

Is it capable of just 10mhz band 41

Where did you come up with 10MHz?

OK and I m planing to visit Manhattan very soon...particularly times square ....how's the coverage and speeds there

Wrong thread....

This is the Philadelphia thread.  Ask the New York thread.

AJ

This is the Philadelphia thread. Ask the New York thread.

AJ

Oh sorry

Im sure you are aware that the N5 does not support CA.

So it's all about capacity for you, not peak speed.

Correct, I figured if the tower was under-load it would give better speeds though. Which it is clearly doing. :) I am planning on getting a new phone soon but I just don't like anything out right now it's all junk.

So I was downtown yesterday for the mummers and I was impressed with the speed on B41, with how busy it was I was pulling 20+Mbps, CA is great.

• Like 1

I use project fi for my nexus 5x and it was fantastic with Sprint

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did anyone else just experience an issue for about 10-15 minutes I literally had no service for that time I was on LTE texting my girlfriend and then nothing. She's a few miles away and experienced the same issue on a totally different tower.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Edited by BlueAngel

Did anyone else just experience an issue for about 10-15 minutes I literally had no service for that time I was on LTE texting my girlfriend and then nothing. She's a few miles away and experienced the same issue on a totally different tower.

Mine was about 30 seconds, that I noticed. I was on WiFi and all of a sudden a message popped up that said there was no network and did I want to switch to global mode. I pressed no and then a few seconds later 3G came back.

Band 26 running very well , lte plus ok in some places and awesome in others .philly market has improved alot last 6 months.

Mine was about 30 seconds, that I noticed. I was on WiFi and all of a sudden a message popped up that said there was no network and did I want to switch to global mode. I pressed no and then a few seconds later 3G came back.

network repairs?

Apparently there's an LTE outage, so I dropped down to 3G. But just got this speed test (!!!)68e8d086a616989a6a503043c7c1f100.jpg

Apparently there's an LTE outage, so I dropped down to 3G. But just got this speed test (!!!)68e8d086a616989a6a503043c7c1f100.jpg

Yeah the outage lasted a good two hours for me.

57ed8b45162d36fe5c9fa0cf4a9b480c.jpg

Just got this on 78 near Hamilton Blvd on my HTC 10 ... crazy fast!

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Wait until you see 120mbps

Went down i95 from princeton nj back to delaware notice more sprint band 41 now then clear wire max speeds 35mbps to 10mbps on 2 carriers . Not bad but sprint needs to work more to ever compete with other 3 cell carriers.

Was in philly this past weekend and noticed these all along market street at almost every corner. Any idea who these belong too. Also noticed my hotel, The Westin, had a Verizon DAS in it. 

qEiHHXd.jpg

• Like 2

Was in philly this past weekend and noticed these all along market street at almost every corner. Any idea who these belong too. Also noticed my hotel, The Westin, had a Verizon DAS in it. 

hmm Sprint maybe doing a small cell rollout

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By danlodish345
      Hey guys i am curious....i switched to boost mobile and i was curious if there are any handsets that support carrier aggregation.
    • By Febby
      I notice a lot of post regarding the markets in IL,FL,TX,PA,NYC.... but how about about the Los Angeles market? I THINK it was samsung doing the set up for the L.A market? Not sure though.... I'm not a sponsor member of the site so I can't really check... if I had a job I'd most definitely donate!

Couple of months ago the local towers were all down and being upgraded to NV I assume since Larry from Howard forums said there was NV work being done my zip code. The speeds were better for a bit but now they are awful again.

Can anyone (most preferred Robert) make a comment on if there is any LTE activity near 90255 area code?

Thanks, great site by the way... I'm a Lurker.
    • By jakeuten
      Just a bit of insight. I live near UMD in Duluth, MN. Sprint's signal is clearly much 'dirtier' with a 1.0 SNR compared to T-Mobile's 20.4 SNR. I don't have a screenshot from the same time, but I get about a 22 to 29 SNR with T. I know that AT&T uses RRU's but I'm not too sure about Sprint or T-Mobile. Also, I didn't even know they had L2500 where I live, but I force checked it on my Samsung S7 (AT&T). 

• By S4GRU
      Did you know that with many Sprint (Uniband) LTE Android devices, the signal strength indicator at the top does not show your LTE signal strength? Even if 4G or LTE is displayed next to it?

That's right!  This signal displayed here is your 1x (voice signal), and it is not your 3G EVDO signal strength, nor your LTE signal strength.  Regardless of whether it says 3G or 4G next to it. This is the cause of a lot of confusion.  Also, third party apps like NetMonitor do not show accurate LTE signal strengths. They also only show the 1x signal strength, even though they may reference being connected to LTE.
      The purpose of this thread is to help educate the masses, because many people think they have a strong LTE signal, when in fact they do not. And then they are unhappy, thinking that Sprint LTE is really slow, even with a strong signal. LTE performance is very signal strength dependent. So, when you have a weak signal, you can expect much slower than peak results.

There is only one accurate way to get your LTE signal strength, and that is from your LTE Engineering screen in your Debug menu. And we will discuss the different ways to get that below.

...In HTC, Motorola & LG Sprint LTE devices:
      Go in to your phone app, and dial ##DEBUG# Select LTE Engineering Go down to RSRP. The number under RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength. ...In Samsung Sprint LTE devices:
      Go in to your phone app, and dial ##DEBUG# Enter 777468 for your lock code Select LTE Engineering Go down to RSRP. The number next to RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength. ...In the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5:
      Go in to your phone app, and dial *#*#DEBUG#*#* Enter 777468 for your lock code Select LTE Engineering Go down to RSRP. The number next to RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength. The LTE Signal Strength Scale:

Now you have determined your actual LTE signal strength in dBms your device is receiving, you can use the following scale below to determine its strength:
      Better than -88dBm RSRP is a strong signal Between -89dBm and -96dBm is a very good signal Between -97dBm and -105dBm is good Between -106dBm and -112dBm is fair Worse than -113dBm RSRP is poor Feel free to link people to this thread for explanation. Hopefully, this will clear up some confusion out there!

• By Jeff68005
      I failed to see a device thread for the LG G Pad F 7.0 with Android 5.0 Lollipop, so it is now up for discussion.

I got mine with a white body (also available in black) as part of an upgrade promotion.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/first-lg-tablet-from-sprint-lg-g-pad-f-70-launches-on-march-13-for-free-with-two-year-agreement-and-any-active-sprint-smartphone.htm

CTNET review: http://www.cnet.com/products/lg-g-pad-7-0/

Specs"
       http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g_pad_7_0-6352.php
       http://www.lg.com/us/tablets/lg-LK430-White-g-pad-f7.0

The link has a good summary of many features of this tablet and Sprint's offer..  Some earlier versions say they are single LTE bands 25, 26 or 41, but this Sprint offering does say Spark ready on the box.

I really like the QPair app which helps you find your phone from the tablet or the tablet from your phone. Push a spot and the missing device rings.    .

It seems to find and switch towers much better than the HTC One m9.  I ran both between Omaha and Des Moines on two separate round trips this past week. I read bands 25, 26  and 41 as I drove along I-80.  There were times this tablet was picking up LTE 26 or 41 and the HTC One m9 was at 3G.  They were about a foot apart when this constantly occurred along the trip.

I did run into a problem with some apps that ran on Android 4.X.X would not tun on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
      One example is a photo app that I use for work - Touch Mobile available on the Play Store.

Double Shot -  I was not able to get the video volume up enough to overcome background noise.
       When it works, it controls photo size for both still and video operation.  It is really a nice photo app after the learning curve.   For validation, I got better video volume in the same app on a Samsung Tab 2.0.

The speakers are on the back.  Sounds are muffled by the case that I have it it.  If you like sound like music and videos etc, you will want to be selective which case you place it in.

It seems to work well with Sensorly, Signal Check and LTE Discovery.  Park this puppy in your lap if you in the Co-Pilot seat.   I ran all three of them with the unit plugged into the car charge without an issue.

I recommend you do any app download and install via a good Wi-Fi connection.

CAUTION:  Sprint delivers it on a ONE GIG data plan unless you place it on the Sprint Family share pack or some other data plan.  IMO the data plan is expensive unless you can access Wi-Fi easily to keep your data plan usage down.  But in a pinch, you do have the data plan usage available when Wi-Fi just is not available.  IMO, I can keep my data usage cost down when I get close to the 1 Gig cap by using a third party service portable Wi-Fi which uses Sprint as the backbone provider.