A lot of 1x in the Seattle area

I was driving around Seattle today and noticed that I was getting a lot of 1x. Is this due to a possible lte upgrade coming up? Or are these just pretty crappy towers?

Edited by tommy24

I was driving around Seattle today and noticed that I was getting a lot of 1x. Is this due to a possible lte upgrade coming up? Or are these just pretty crappy towers?

It could be either or both. I've heard some rumblings about Samsung is starting several second round markets now, but I'm waiting for details before I announce anything. I guess its possible that they may be making a move on Seattle. Stay tuned.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I had awfully slow speeds yesterday in Saddle Brook, NJ. But today to my surprise, my download speeds have doubled/tripled!!! I'm getting 800kbps to 1000kbps, with uploads ranging from 500kbps to 900kbps. They must have upgraded the tower by here, maybe part of Network Vision?

• Like 2

Where about in Seattle?

I haven't seen a none 3g signal in the city, awful speeds though, not really usable.

If you go the rural parts of the county, it is a lot more usable.

I was around green lake to shoreline area

I've been getting stuck on the 1x network farrrrrr too often in St Louis, MO for about a month now. Every time I drive somewhere (I live a little SW of the actual city) I end up on 1x and it stays there as long as its pulling data (if I'm running navigation for example) until I turn off mobile network and turn it back on. It usually goes to 3G when it comes back on but then sometimes hops back to 1x shortly after.

Anyway, it's frustrating and I feel your pain!

Watched the Blue Angels in town this afternoon at the Lake, full 3G signal, not usable unfortunately. Sooooon it will change.

Took the light rail into town, took a few minutes for the phone to have a signal once we walked out of the tunnel. Data did not show backup after 5 minutes, had to reboot phone, junky GNex, junk junk junk phone.

Watched the Blue Angels in town this afternoon at the Lake, full 3G signal, not usable unfortunately. Sooooon it will change.

Took the light rail into town, took a few minutes for the phone to have a signal once we walked out of the tunnel. Data did not show backup after 5 minutes, had to reboot phone, junky GNex, junk junk junk phone.

I ran around there today

I've been getting stuck on the 1x network farrrrrr too often in St Louis, MO for about a month now. Every time I drive somewhere (I live a little SW of the actual city) I end up on 1x and it stays there as long as its pulling data (if I'm running navigation for example) until I turn off mobile network and turn it back on. It usually goes to 3G when it comes back on but then sometimes hops back to 1x shortly after.

Anyway, it's frustrating and I feel your pain!

It kills me that my buddy has a droid bionic and my brother has a thunderbolt and they show me their speed tests

I've been having the same issue. I called sprint to ask why 3G was down and they said it wasn't. I did see a crane up to a sprint tower in Lynnwood though

Yeah, I saw a completed tower around I-5/405 in that area, but I've been seeing a lot of 1x in the burien area going down 99 til I got passed the SODO area. It's bad enough that the Sonics were stolen, now 1x, but at least the M's are leading the Orioles right now.

Yeah' date=' I saw a completed tower around I-5/405 in that area, but I've been seeing a lot of 1x in the burien area going down 99 til I got passed the SODO area. It's bad enough that the Sonics were stolen, now 1x, but at least the M's are leading the Orioles right now.[/quote']

You have seen a completed NV site at the I-5/405? Can you get a pic for us?

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

You have seen a completed NV site at the I-5/405? Can you get a pic for us?

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I can take a picture next time I'm up there, around Friday so I'll post it maybe Saturday, hopefully Netmonitor didn't lie to me

• Like 1

Hopefully this is the case as I've been having issues with dropped calls and 1x data for two or three weeks now. (I'll at least tell myself that it is, because to top of all off my Frontier DSL has been causing problems too which means even my Airave is difficult to use at best.)

Although I'm not holding my breath that my city would be done before the two largest cities in the market (Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo).

This is the tower. Its at 16514 Ash Way in Lynnwood WA.

42577032-f5df-67a7.jpg

42577032-f5f4-6135.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That actually looks like a Verizon tower. Sprint's antennas don't look like that and there are 3 RRU's per antenna but there appears to only be 1 on this tower.