Sprint LTE August 2012 Schedule Maps

Most of them I meet are friendly guys and they love to talk. Ha If you can go shoot the shi* with them and see what they have to say. Tell them your interested in sprint network vision and you can even bring up this site.

No prob. I thought about stopping and asking if they will be doing any other towers while they are here. Not sure if they would tell me that info.

• Like 1

Well, It's the end of August, and I have to say, I'm underwhelmed in Los Angeles.

Am I the only one out here on the bay side that can't get like, any 4g? And why is 3g not more than 70kb?

So sprint decides to launch 4g in Georgia somewhere near some rural roads and a place I've never heard of before called Sedalia... But they don't have anything in Santa Monica - one of the most densely populated cities in Los Angeles?

Does this sound stupid to anyone else?

Has anyone considered T-Mobile as an alternative? I know their coverage is rated 4th of the big carriers and their customer service isn't so great, but at least HSPA+ offers a few MBs of speed, the price is cheaper, and it's supposed to be unlimited data without throttling, and they're working to start and finish LTE advanced by the time that Sprint is... Why the hell am I paying $98 for "premium data" when all I get is dial-up?

Sedalia is the location of the Missouri State Fair. I'm guessing that was the reason the little town getting LTE.

Different vendors are doing different locations so even if the guys in Georgia started somewhere else, it wouldn't be on the West Coast.

The slow data is rough. I deal with the same thing in downtown KC, and have for awhile. I know that the tower I connect to ( in the sponsor section) is scheduled to get upgraded in August, which won't happen since the month is over, but at least I know is getting close.

Just wanted to mention I live in NoVA...and I seems they are doing something with the towers near me.

The other day driving near a particular area, I noticed I was completely unable to connect to the internet while connected to WiMax 4G. I thought there was something wrong either with my browser or my phone. Happened toggle off my 4G and in 3G everything was fine.

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"

The blue sites are the ones scheduled to have LTE go live in August. The red ones are from previous months that were scheduled to be completed, but did not come live.

Previous months have had a completion rate about 50%.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Not terribly sure how true this is. I live in Wichita Falls, and havne't encountered a single LTE area in town. I did see them working on a tower a week or two ago.

Not terribly sure how true this is. I live in Wichita Falls' date=' and havne't encountered a single LTE area in town. I did see them working on a tower a week or two ago.[/quote']

Believe me. I know. I have been in Wichita Falls twice in the past week. This is a report of the schedule, not actuals. I kind of resent that you would question whether our data is true. It is a true schedule. Whether the work gets done on schedule or not is a whole 'nother issue. That's out of our control.

That's why the past due sites are shown, so you can see the previous months sites that didn't get done on time also. We here at S4GRU just report the data. We cannot control Sprint's destiny.

• Like 2

Believe me. I know. I have been in Wichita Falls twice in the past week. This is a report of the schedule, not actuals. I kind of resent that you would question whether our data is true. It is a true schedule. Whether the work gets done on schedule or not is a whole 'nother issue. That's out of our control.

That's why the past due sites are shown, so you can see the previous months sites that didn't get done on time also. We here at S4GRU just report the data. We cannot control Sprint's destiny.

Ah, ok. Well, It definitely will be nice when it does go live. What I don't like is how Sprint has concentrated most of the data service by the Air Force base. I can get up to 2.8Mbps on 3G at the intersection of Burkburnett Rd and Sheppard Access Rd. Yet in my house, I can barely get a consistent 200kbps or more (over by the Wichita Falls flyover). I have an HTC EVO 4G LTE (running modded stock rom from the xda-developers website)

Ah, ok. Well, It definitely will be nice when it does go live. What I don't like is how Sprint has concentrated most of the data service by the Air Force base. I can get up to 2.8Mbps on 3G at the intersection of Burkburnett Rd and Sheppard Access Rd. Yet in my house, I can barely get a consistent 200kbps or more (over by the Wichita Falls flyover). I have an HTC EVO 4G LTE (running modded stock rom from the xda-developers website)

Different reasons for updating towers at different times. All are frustrated by the network, but members of this site should realize the scope of this work. It is a lot, and it will not happen overnight.

Ah' date=' ok. Well, It definitely will be nice when it does go live. What I don't like is how Sprint has concentrated most of the data service by the Air Force base. I can get up to 2.8Mbps on 3G at the intersection of Burkburnett Rd and Sheppard Access Rd. Yet in my house, I can barely get a consistent 200kbps or more (over by the Wichita Falls flyover). I have an HTC EVO 4G LTE (running modded stock rom from the xda-developers website)[/quote']

They may have a contract with the Airbase and want to keep them happy, or there could be a lot less users on the towers near the airbase and they are not overburdened...

• Like 1

They may have a contract with the Airbase and want to keep them happy, or there could be a lot less users on the towers near the airbase and they are not overburdened...

My guess is an Air Force contract. Most Federal Gov't agencies used Nextel and many have switched to Sprint

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"

I live in Hutchinson, Kansas and Sprint Definately has 4g LTE here! I have 4g in my house, and in numerous other places around town. The speed is great and so far when I do get 4g signal it doesn't disconnect or have any speed issues! i wil report more, when I have more data...

• Like 1

I live in Hutchinson' date=' Kansas and Sprint Definately has 4g LTE here! I have 4g in my house, and in numerous other places around town. The speed is great and so far when I do get 4g signal it doesn't disconnect or have any speed issues! i wil report more, when I have more data...[/quote']

The site in Hutch has been shown in our NV Sites Complete map for Sponsors for quite awhile. We have a S4GRU writer who lives in Hutch.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I live in Hutchinson, Kansas and Sprint Definately has 4g LTE here! I have 4g in my house, and in numerous other places around town. The speed is great and so far when I do get 4g signal it doesn't disconnect or have any speed issues! i wil report more, when I have more data...

Dang Robert. Posting while I'm posting. Or while I had the page open at least. Haha

• Like 1

Ok, LTE is partially active in Wichita Falls. I was surprised by seeing the LTE symbol on my HTC EVO 4G LTE while at work (and its near the back fence at work, along the river), got about 6Mbps there. Found the signal near Sheppard AFB real quick before losing it again with about a 8.5Mbps speed. Not entirely sure which tower is active, but its pretty cool.

http://www.speedtest.net/android/248963130.png (near the Air Force Base)

http://www.speedtest.net/android/248949223.png (at work)

Ok, LTE is partially active in Wichita Falls. I was surprised by seeing the LTE symbol on my HTC EVO 4G LTE while at work (and its near the back fence at work, along the river), got about 6Mbps there. Found the signal near Sheppard AFB real quick before losing it again with about a 8.5Mbps speed. Not entirely sure which tower is active, but its pretty cool.

http://www.speedtest...d/248963130.png (near the Air Force Base)

http://www.speedtest...d/248949223.png (at work)

If you become a S4GRU Sponsor, you can see the NV Sites Complete map that gets updated every week with all the sites Sprint accepts as complete. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

It shows the Wichita Falls site that completed last Friday.

Robert, S4GRU.com

I would like to become a sponsor so I can view the maps. How much do I have to donate?

We are completely member supported and count on the donations we receive to keep us online. So I say donate as much as you can afford. However, if you can afford very little, we will still upgrade you. Let your conscience and your wallet be your guide.

For more info about sponsorship: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

• Like 1