Sprint LTE August 2012 Schedule Maps

Located in the maps below are the sites that are "scheduled" to go live with LTE before the end of August 2012. PLEASE NOTE THESE MAPS DO NOT INCLUDE SITES THAT ARE ALREADY COMPLETE. These maps only include the sites that are scheduled to complete and/or are past due from previous months.

If Sprint's NV Schedule holds in August, the maps below show 3,202 LTE sites that should come live in the next 30 days or so. This map does not include 3G only sites that will go live in the same period. I'm starting to doubt whether these maps are helpful as deployment is getting behind schedule in several places. The amount of past due sites is growing and growing. I guess I'll keep posting these as long as you all want to see them.

Notes: The first Baltimore LTE sites should start going live in the next week or so. NYC and DC should also start seeing their first LTE sites be completed this month. We are all hoping to see Austin deployment really begin in earnest this month, as this market is behind schedule now. We are expecting to see some solid Miami/West Palm deployments this month. Also, the very first Nashville sites may appear before month's end. North Carolina love is supposed to begin with also the very first Charlotte and Raleigh/Durham sites should be completed if NV stays on schedule. And maybe some Philadelphia and Norfolk action too?

S4GRU Sponsors can view interactive versions of these maps by following this link. Also, Sponsors can follow along as we show progress throughout the month in our NV Complete Sites thread.

gallery_1_1_18858.jpg

Atlanta/Athens

gallery_1_1_29751.jpg

Austin

gallery_1_1_14761.jpg

Baltimore & DC Markets

gallery_1_1_56314.jpg

Boston

gallery_1_1_48686.jpg

Charlotte

gallery_1_1_4809.jpg

Chicago

gallery_1_1_36546.jpg

DFW

gallery_1_1_17971.jpg

Houston

gallery_1_1_51978.jpg

Kansas

gallery_1_1_44035.jpg

Los Angeles

gallery_1_1_40721.jpg

Miami/West Palm

gallery_1_1_48773.jpg

Nashville

gallery_1_1_61222.jpg

New York City

gallery_1_1_440.jpg

Norfolk

gallery_1_1_24745.jpg

Raleigh/Durham

gallery_1_1_12097.jpg

San Antonio

gallery_1_1_51708.jpg

• Like 11

What are red and blues

This video will explain the difference between the red and the blue...

AJ

• Like 12

The towers that are Red will connect to devices used by Republicans and the towers that are Blue will connect to devices used by Democrats.

Well it is an Election Year :rofl:

• Like 11

The towers that are Red will connect to devices used by Republicans and the towers that are Blue will connect to devices used by Democrats.

Well it is an Election Year :rofl:

Funny shit! lol but for real..

• Like 1

The blue sites are the ones scheduled to have LTE go live in August. The red ones are from previous months that were scheduled to be completed, but did not come live.

Previous months have had a completion rate about 50%.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Was in Nashville yesterday' date=' if this map is correct, I wish I would've postponed it by a month =(

- Nocturnal[/quote']

If previous markets are any indication, then Nashville completed LTE sites will likely be blocked until the market launch. I hope not, though.

If previous markets are any indication, then Nashville completed LTE sites will likely be blocked until the market launch. I hope not, though.

Indubitably. Nashville speeds aren't that bad, Knoxville could use the upgrades first, lol. Sometimes in Farragut I can obtain 1.17 MBPS and in Knoxville (the city) it's pretty much 0.3 MBPS.

- Nocturnal

Edited by nocturnal
  • Like 1

What do you think about the Austin market (including Killeen/Fort Hood' date=' where I actually live), it will be live by the end of August?[/quote']

These are not necessarily live sites, but rather completed sites. For instance, Sprint blocked customers from connecting to completed LTE sites in the Dallas, San Antonio and Houston markets until the markets were formally launched. We don't know if they will do something similar in Austin.

Technically, Waco is in the Austin market and Sprint has allowed those sites to go live now. So we presume that Austin sites will go live as they are completed. However, we will not know definitively until we report some Austin sites complete and our members in the area can confirm whether they are able to connect or not.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Thank you very much for these updates Robert, I appreciate them very much.

I must say,us LTE fands west of the Rockies are feeling awful lonesome...

And also those of us in the Rockies too. ;)

Robert

dang looks like there trying to light san antonio up. too bad it looks like the areas im always in is the 1 area of the city with nothing hahahaha

I will try to keep an eye out in the Austin area. I live west of Austin out 290 towards Fredericksburg. I drive into Bee Caves/ Lake Way area daily for work. I also have special access to a tower that is a couple miles west of Johnson City. It is on my cousin's ranch. They did some work out there about 4 months ago and my speeds have gotten better. There are several t1's that are there now. I'm sure they will need to put microwave on that tower in order to get it to lte standards. I can drive right up to the tower, if I find out they are there working, I'll go and take pictures.....not like they can tell me to get off the property :lol:

• Like 2

These are not necessarily live sites, but rather completed sites. For instance, Sprint blocked customers from connecting to completed LTE sites in the Dallas, San Antonio and Houston markets until the markets were formally launched. We don't know if they will do something similar in Austin.

Technically, Waco is in the Austin market and Sprint has allowed those sites to go live now. So we presume that Austin sites will go live as they are completed. However, we will not know definitively until we report some Austin sites complete and our members in the area can confirm whether they are able to connect or not.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

How exactly do we force our phone to only connect or search for 4G signal? Like is it a dialer code?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

By the way the Chicago maps look we shouldve been live I c a lot of blue especially in the west part where I'm from I honestly can't wait till it does so I can give my baby moms this ns4g and get a sgs3 ;)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Edited by mellimel2212