What LTE devices out there would you like to see on Sprint next year?

xdfgf

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 11 November 2011

Frankly the phone line up for Sprint has become a little stale (excluding GSII and Photon) and I was curious what folks out there would like to use on Sprint if they could. Doesn't matter if it's a GSM, TD-SCDMA freak from China, or another CDMA device from big Red.

Oh and if it's not out there yet, then tell us what your dream device is.

Personally it's a toss up for me. First the more likely one to head to Sprint:

motorola-droid-razr.jpg

Behold! The DROID RAZR. This thing hits me on so many levels. Solid specs, svelte looks, and it's got the RAZR name which, by the way, the original RAZR was one of the toughest longest lasting non-smartphone devices I have EVER used. The real kicker for me though is the ability to plug into a laptop like dock and use it as a computer by way of the "Webtop" feature. Very hot for those of us that don't want to pull out a fullsize PC or Mac everytime we update a file.

Second and far less likely I think is the Samsung Galaxy Note

GalaxyNote_1.jpg

Dat 5.3 inch screen!! Dat stylus!

Seriously, this thing is a beast and for someone like me who has for the most part switched to the Android platform as my dominant web browsing system I'm gonna need that extra screen real estate. Same resolution as the new Nexus (720p) and same internals as a GSII makes for a super hot phone in my opinion.

Oh yeah and the stylus. Before I bought my EVO 4g I was a dyed in the wool WinMo 6.5 user and loved my styluses. Granted this was before capacative screens and it wasn't as easy to use your thumb but they worked and for some one like me with big sausage finger the fine point of a stylus can be a stress saver.

So what do you want for your next Sprint device?

(lets keep it to hardware only please)

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 11 November 2011

I would personally like to see the HTC Vivid come to Sprint. Very nice looking phone and after the iPhone, HTC is my favorite device manufacturer.

HTC-Vivid-1.jpg

The only modification I would like to see is a 3D camera on this beast! :)

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 13 November 2011

I was drooling this week over the new HTC Edge that's coming out in 2012. I could see this as the new Evo with LTE. Maybe on Sprint it could be called the HTC Evo Max 4G LTE, or something like that.

Quad core 1.5GHz processor, 4.7 inch screen, HD resolution, 1GB of RAM. I want to buy the first flagship LTE phone that Sprint offers in 2012. And I hope it something like this HTC Edge, here. Something revolutionary and screams premium.

B)

But more than anything, I want it not to run on LTE-1900 only. I'm hoping that the first LTE device runs on 800 and 1900. And preferably on 2500 too! If Sprint's first LTE device is 1900 only, I'll probably just wait it out awhile longer. It's not like Sprint will have LTE service in my corner of New Mexico when they start releasing LTE devices anyway.

HTC-Edge.jpg

Guest Maverick

Would like to see a follow up to the HTC ARRIVE in LTE & world phone with all the bells & whistles. One with & without a physical keyboard and much larger screen with kickstand plus 3D. Quad core 2ghz processor,qHD resolution 5gb of internal memory (ram) with 16gb SD card, LTE chipset for multiple frequencies, dual cameras & led flash & battery to last for days. Some where along the lines of HD7S!

htc_hds7.jpghtc-arrive-sprint.jpg

• Like 1

Nice choices folks. Especially the HTC Edge! Let's hope those crazy multi band (TD, FD at any mhz) get out there fast enough for manufacturers to have a few on the shelf by June. I personally have the ability to get new hardware this year before December due to Sprint Premier shutting down, or I can wait untill Feb and update then. Choices choices...

Also I'd like to see more devices support Sprint 4g (LTE of course) once it's rolled out. Tablets, Laptops, Game Devices, and so on. Thinks like the iPad, Xoom, and the new Sony Playstation Vita. Even now with the dearth of devices meant to be mobile the choice to have Sprint built in is few and far between. I want to see that change.

Another phone I'm now somewhat lusting over is the Galaxy Nexus

samsung-galaxy-nexus.png

4.65in 720p AMOLED screen, dual core 1.2ghz cpu, and some of the nicer camera software on the Android side of the fence (I take LOTS of pics with my phone). 2012 is gonna be a very interesting year for phones and Sprint that's for sure

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 14 November 2011

htc_hds7.jpg

Now that is a sharp looking back side!!! :D

new-samsung-galaxy-s3.jpg

I would love for the Samsung Galaxy S3 to have LTE and this design. Sprint will surely call it the "Samsung Galaxy SIII Epic 4G Touch LTE Screen" or something like that so they can set the world record for longest name of a cell phone.

I can't wait to find out what kind of wordplay the HTC LTE handset comes up with since Evo is part of LTE. HTC LTEvo or something...

Nice entry, PyroScott. Those would be high end camera specs, AutoPrime. I bet, whatever the name is for the first HTC Evo LTE device, it will have a very long, and very stupid name.

:D

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 15 November 2011

I have no idea if it will be a 4G LTE device on the Sprint network, but this new BlackBerry London that is supposed to come out in the 3rd Quarter of 2012 is sharp looking. Device and the OS screen shot.

london-blackberry-qnx.jpg

• Like 2

I'm all in for that HTC Edge ! Otherwise, I'll continue to drive my HTC Evo 3D until the wheels fall off. "If it broke, don't fix it", is what i say.

• Like 2

If it ain't broke, don't fix it??? I prefer the mantra, "Oh look! This one's better!"

I'm also easily distracted.

B)

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 16 November 2011

htc-zeta-rendered-rumored-to-pack-2-5ghz-quad-core-cpu-and-ice.jpg

• 4.5-inch 720p HD display
  • 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm APQ8064 processor
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 32GB internal memory
  • 8-megapixel camera with dual-LED flash (1080p video capture)
  • 1,830 mAh battery
  • 1.3-megapixel front facing camera
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • Beats Audio
  • HTC Sense’s UI (most likely 4.0)
  • Android 4.0

It's official that if the rumors saying this is the follow up on Sprint for the EVO, it will be my next phone. 1H 2012

• Like 1

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 9 January 2012

• 1.3-megapixel front facing camera

I would rather start seeing phones with 2 or 3 megapixel front facing cameras.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Back from the dead for the sake of not creating a new thread...

Any one have any dish on the rumored upcoming Nexus phones? It seems the LG is a sure thing and there is hints of an HTC and perhaps a Sony? What's the likelihood these come out in the near future? The more I think about the Note 2, the more I think I would like to have a Nexus for the immediate updates. Especially since 5.0 is a real possibility in my next contract cycle (Jan 2013-Jan 2015).

Relevance to this thread, I'm really interested in the Sony because hardware wise, they seem to be extremely well put together.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was drooling this week over the new HTC Edge that's coming out in 2012. I could see this as the new Evo with LTE. Maybe on Sprint it could be called the HTC Evo Max 4G LTE, or something like that.

Quad core 1.5GHz processor, 4.7 inch screen, HD resolution, 1GB of RAM. I want to buy the first flagship LTE phone that Sprint offers in 2012. And I hope it something like this HTC Edge, here. Something revolutionary and screams premium.

B)

But more than anything, I want it not to run on LTE-1900 only. I'm hoping that the first LTE device runs on 800 and 1900. And preferably on 2500 too! If Sprint's first LTE device is 1900 only, I'll probably just wait it out awhile longer. It's not like Sprint will have LTE service in my corner of New Mexico when they start releasing LTE devices anyway.

HTC-Edge.jpg

Hey Robert u got the name damn near right besides the max part

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Robert u got the name damn near right besides the max part

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean using Tapatalk 2

So much for holding out for a 800/1900/2500 LTE device...

Sent from a phone using an application. That's pretty cool.

• Like 1

Yes. After using various non Nexus phones, I'll never NOT use one now. :)

I will add, the design tweaks make a difference to me. What I like about my current phone vs the iPhone is the rounder corners and edges. The Optimus G is too severe for me, I prefer the way they softened the edges for the Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Lg optimus g pro

Nuthin' but a 'G' Thang...

AJ

• Like 1