4G LTE live in McKinney, TX

BlackAfrica

So I'm out on the McKinney greens with my son's and low and behold I'm getting great 4G signals here. I guess north Texas can breath a sigh of relief you did not have to wait long.That would be Eldorado and Medical Center drive.

• Like 4

So I'm out on the McKinney greens with my son's and low and behold I'm getting great 4G signals here. I guess north Texas can breath a sigh of relief you did not have to wait long.That would be Eldorado and Medical Center drive.

Nice...congrats!

I check the Sprint coverage map a couple of times a day (sad I know) and it just turned orange (LTE) all over Allen, Mckinney, Fairview and points east.

BlackAfrica, were you able to do a speedtest?

• Like 1

I'm not familiar with Texas but was this an area that you have been spending time in BlackAfrica since the LTE launch and not seeing 4G?

Yes it is an area I'm in a lot. I own a home in the North Dallas area. Unfortunately I work in a South Dallas area so I rent down there.

I check the Sprint coverage map a couple of times a day (sad I know) and it just turned orange (LTE) all over Allen, Mckinney, Fairview and points east.

BlackAfrica, were you able to do a speedtest?

Yes, I did a speed test while I was there. 7.10 D 3.03 U

• Like 1

Robert had previously said this area of Collin County, Texas was scheduled for July/August. So, actually it's a little ahead of that timing.

My 3G ping times have gone down some and 3G speeds are rock steady in the 1.3/1.4 mbps range. I'm in a rural area of the county east of Hwy75. It's now time to use that upgrade I've been holding onto and pick an LTE phone. Which one Hmmmmm....?

I have it here in Frisco too...!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
ok so is there something that I am missing on how to get LTE working on my phone? Because I live in McKinney off 75 & 380 and I work in Allen and I have yet to see a LTE signal on my phone. Please help.

Have you received and installed the OTA LG8, yet, and set your device to CDMA/LTE mode?

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

How do we get this update?

You can wait for your phone to receive it on its own. However, that may take awhile longer. I still haven't received it. Or you can follow the information in this post about how to force it manually: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1097-samsung-galaxy-s-iii/page__view__findpost__p__37970

Robert

You can wait for your phone to receive it on its own. However, that may take awhile longer. I still haven't received it. Or you can follow the information in this post about how to force it manually: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1097-samsung-galaxy-s-iii/page__view__findpost__p__37970

Robert

Are there any bad things that could happen if I force it?

Are there any bad things that could happen if I force it?

Probably. However, we have had several members do the LG8 update this way, and I haven't heard anything bad happen. If you are completely stock, you probably shouldn't have any problems. Most likely any problems would come from custom ROM's or rooting, since LG8 is a OEM update.

Robert

Have you received and installed the OTA LG8, yet, and set your device to CDMA/LTE mode?

I got an update a few days ago and I didn't know exactly what it did but here is a screenshot of the stuff about my phone and I think that may have been the update but my phone is on the CDMA/LTE mode already. I have had it on there since Sprint said it turned on the towers for LTE to see if I could get a signal

I got an update a few days ago and I didn't know exactly what it did but here is a screenshot of the stuff about my phone and I think that may have been the update but my phone is on the CDMA/LTE mode already. I have had it on there since Sprint said it turned on the towers for LTE to see if I could get a signal

I'm not seeing the screenshots you reference.

Robert

I created a map of the current live LTE coverage in the McKinney area for you. See below:

gallery_1_1_23104.jpg

Drive to be near one of these towers. Change you phone from CDMA/LTE mode, to CDMA only mode. Leave it there for a minute or two, then switch it back to CDMA/LTE mode. If it finds a 4G signal, then good. If not, there may be a problem with your device.

We have had a few members confirm they are receiving LTE signals from these sites around McKinney. However, go to more than one to rule out the possibility that one of the sites was temporarily down.

Let me know what you discover. Hope it works out for you.

Robert

I created a map of the current live LTE coverage in the McKinney area for you. See below:

gallery_1_1_23104.jpg

You wouldn't happen to have an (actual) coverage map like that one laying around for the Atlanta/Athens area would you? More specifically 30078. If it's in one of the sponsors forums I just cant find it.

I don't have one created. And we are limited to only 30 sites in a map. So there are too many sites to create a full Atlanta coverage map. I could create a neighborhood or area map with up to 30 sites. Which area do you want?

I don't have one created. And we are limited to only 30 sites in a map. So there are too many sites to create a full Atlanta coverage map. I could create a neighborhood or area map with up to 30 sites. Which area do you want?

Would love to see what Snellville, GA looks like. Can you do 30078? Gracias

Trying to figure out where coverage starts and ends...

Robert

I received the update we were speaking of early this morning there are noticeable differences...I have 6 bars on 4G rather than the three I usually get in my bedroom (know that Doesnt mean anything just saying) the keyboard looks like it has a different color background that's all I've seen for now