OTA coming for EVO next few days...

Crimson01

Oh don't get me wrong. I do believe there will be an OTA on the EVO soon. They have come along and fixed some radio issues with both 3g and 4G but they have got a long way to go.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

RE LTE issues: The weird thing about this, is there is one tower I have found, where my 4G connects automatically without toggling. But for the most part, I have to toggle to get LTE in other areas. In another forum (same as where my last thread came from) a few people called HTC support, and they claimed there is no update scheduled in the near future.

RE LTE issues: The weird thing about this' date=' is there is one tower I have found, where my 4G connects automatically without toggling. But for the most part, I have to toggle to get LTE in other areas. In another forum (same as where my last thread came from) a few people called HTC support, and they claimed there is no update scheduled in the near future.[/quote']

How strong is your 1x/3G signal typically when you approach that tower? If it's kind of weak, it may already be scanning on its own. A weaker signal causes a channel scan. And it may be causing LTE to scan too

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I didn't notice last night, just pulled my phone outta my pocket and it was connected. I'll check that next week. The Mall of GA area even close to the tower (the one you documented) I have to toggle no matter what. Same with Braselton & Discover Mills area.

This probably is not even worth mentioning and the last thing I want to do is spread a rumor;that said, yesterday while I was visiting the Sandy Springs corporate Sprint store a technician on duty told me he read on their internal message system that a OTA was scheduled for the Evo 4G LTE this week. So there you have it. :-\

This probably is not even worth mentioning and the last thing I want to do is spread a rumor;that said, yesterday while I was visiting the Sandy Springs corporate Sprint store a technician on duty told me he read on their internal message system that a OTA was scheduled for the Evo 4G LTE this week. So there you have it. :-

I hope its right, cause these connection issues drive me nuts.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Well I finally made back to atlanta yesterday after being gone for several weeks and for the most part even though the connectivity issues are still there, coverage has increased quite a bit. I am getting lte in a lot more places than I was just a few weeks ago.

• Like 3

This probably is not even worth mentioning and the last thing I want to do is spread a rumor;that said, yesterday while I was visiting the Sandy Springs corporate Sprint store a technician on duty told me he read on their internal message system that a OTA was scheduled for the Evo 4G LTE this week. So there you have it. :-\

Well lets hope its true.

Hello everyone,

I haven't been posting lately cause I've been just been in a wait and see and speaking directly to Sprint and HTC over the weeks....So I've been on the phone with Sprint at ever level and today with HTC and neither of them said that their is any new OTA being worked on or being sent out to the EVO LTE :(. They both said the most recent and only update that has been or is known of is the one that was released which was software release 1.22.651.3 710RD..

Maybe some mad HTC tech is working on a OTA fix somewhere in a underground bunker somewhere that not even Sprint or HTC knows of LOL....who knows...

Anyway as far as any OTA to correct the connection issue being deployed, developed Sprint and HTC both have told me no such OTA exists.

I hope for all of us EVO LTE owners that we see some type of development, discovering, or magic soon and it be an end to all the problems we have been subject too with the new EVO LTE which is now I'm sure having all us wondering is it a carrier issue, specific tower(equipment issues) or device issue?

Edited by S4GRU
Removed all bold font

Hello everyone,

I haven't been posting lately cause I've been just been in a wait and see and speaking directly to Sprint and HTC over the weeks....So I've been on the phone with Sprint at ever level and today with HTC and neither of them said that their is any new OTA being worked on or being sent out to the EVO LTE . They both said the most recent and only update that has been or is known of is the one that was released which was software release 1.22.651.3 710RD..

Maybe some mad HTC tech is working on a OTA fix somewhere in a underground bunker somewhere that not even Sprint or HTC knows of LOL....who knows...

Anyway as far as any OTA to correct the connection issue being deployed, developed Sprint and HTC both have told me no such OTA exists.

I hope for all of us EVO LTE owners that we see some type of development, discovering, or magic soon and it be an end to all the problems we have been subject too with the new EVO LTE which is now I'm sure having all us wondering is it a carrier issue, specific tower(equipment issues) or device issue?

You'll soon find out that what you hear from them no matter what the level is to be taken with a giant grain of salt....

Hence I can show you an email from sprint saying to someone an OTA is in the works and be released soon...see total opposite ends of the spectrum responses there...

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I haven't been posting lately cause I've been just been in a wait and see and speaking directly to Sprint and HTC over the weeks....So I've been on the phone with Sprint at ever level and today with HTC and neither of them said that their is any new OTA being worked on or being sent out to the EVO LTE :(. They both said the most recent and only update that has been or is known of is the one that was released which was software release 1.22.651.3 710RD..

This really doesn't prove or disprove anything, I can sit here and tell you the total opposite based on my own personal experience but whats the point.

You'll soon find out that what you hear from them no matter what the level is to be taken with a giant grain of salt....

Hence I can show you an email from sprint saying to someone an OTA is in the works and be released soon...see total opposite ends of the spectrum responses there...

Exactly

This really doesn't prove or disprove anything, I can sit here and tell you the total opposite based on my own personal experience but whats the point.

Exactly

Yep. This just reinforces my axiom #1: Do not think that the entry level workers of a massive corporation (50 million customers!) can provide you with more accurate info than what you can find from other sources (e.g. S4GRU). In other words, do not call Sprint unless you have no other option to complete your task.

AJ

I watched the data connection during my drive in to work, which goes through areas of 3G only, and areas of LTE. In the areas that I know to have LTE, I found that the phone automatically acquired and held an LTE connection. Performance was good (10+Mbps up and down).

Areas that don't have LTE still don't. :(

This update brings support for the menu button mapped to the recent apps button. It works great, and gets back some screen real-estate. The update does NOT bring quick settings in the pull-down status bar, nor does it bring additional options for long-press power (still just power off, airplane mode, and restart).

Multitasking seems to be about the same, I still find apps closing when I wouldn't expect them to.

All in all, if you aren't rooted, I recommend this update. So far, nothing but improvements, even if it doesn't have all of the improvements that we had hoped for.

• Like 2

I am installing the update now. Need all the latest before heading to Waco on Friday for LTE testing.

Robert

• Like 2

So I've been on the phone with Sprint at ever level and today with HTC and neither of them said that their is any new OTA being worked on or being sent out to the EVO LTE :(. They both said the most recent and only update that has been or is known of is the one that was released which was software release 1.22.651.3 710RD..

And just like that...boom! An update first thing this morning.

Sent from my EVOlte using tapatalk

These two posts should be quoted every time someone says; "A {Sprint/HTC} {rep/technician/guru/genius} told me so it must be true."

• Like 1

Hello everyone,

I am curious to hear what your response will be about the new ota that just came out.

• Like 1

I am installing the update now. Need all the latest before heading to Waco on Friday for LTE testing.

Robert

Robert

Talk about good timing! :)

• Like 2