Looking for a good home NAS

Odell

I have the same drive connected to my netgear router and streaming on my PS3 is lightning fast! :)

that is the first time I have heard 'mybook live' and 'lightning fast' in the same sentence... let alone hanging off a low power router? edit: well I read that as meaning USB connected, but then I realized you probably meant gbit ethernet connected, in that case disregard the bit about hanging off the router.

While I don't doubt it can handle basic file tranfer to your ps3, I have to wonder about your consideration of 'lightning fast'.

copy a bluray iso to it and back, and let me know how fast that is. :blink:

Edited by dedub

that is the first time I have heard 'mybook live' and 'lightning fast' in the same sentence... let alone hanging off a low power router? edit: well I read that as meaning USB connected' date=' but then I realized you probably meant gbit ethernet connected, in that case disregard the bit about hanging off the router.

While I don't doubt it can handle basic file tranfer to your ps3, I have to wonder about your consideration of 'lightning fast'.

copy a bluray iso to it and back, and let me know how fast that is. :blink:[/quote']

Yeah it's connected via gigabit Ethernet not over wifi. I guess since this is my first NAS drive, maybe my idea of "lightning fast" may differ from yours. Now, if I'm transferring over wifi then yes, I'm limited to the max of 450mbps of the router instead of gigabit, which doesn't feel that quick.

Sent from my JB iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

• 1 month later...

Hey if anyone is still looking...

http://m.tigerdirect...ampaign=WEM3267

Tiger direct has an iomega 1tb "cloud" drive for $90 this weekend.

Interesting... looks like another site has it for the same price w/ free shipping.

http://www.bhphotovi...EG&Q=&A=details

Going to have to take a look at the manual on this one. If I could access it via FTP, I would be sold. True cloud for me then.

It's missing at least the a mirror RAID, but what do you expect for $90.

A reviewer on Amazon talked about being able to connect via FTP

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

Found the manual and it looks pretty cool. Might just give it a shot, you can never have enough storage devices.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 2

Found the manual and it looks pretty cool. Might just give it a shot, you can never have enough storage devices.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I would buy it, but I just bought an external HD... not a NAS though.