New (Non-Sprint) Samsung Quad-Band LTE phone.

Thomas L.

Check this out, who do you think the carrier will be, and, more interestingly, why these particular frequencies? It's pretty anomalous considering it's a GSM/HSPA+ device on cellular and PCS with LTE 700/850/1700/1900 - that is to say bands LTE bands 2, 4, 5 and 17, so obviously excluding the G block of PCS spectrum that Sprint uses for its LTE currently. The immediate assumption is AT&T because of the cellular/PCS HSPA+, but what's with the LTE bands? Not to mention it's a pretty middle of the road phone. As a side note, doesn't band 5 overlap almost entirely with Sprint's ESMR spectrum?

I'm really anxious to hear what you guys think:

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/25/samsung-sgh-i547-runs-through-cert-gauntlets-with-quad-band-lte/

Tommy

Check this out, who do you think the carrier will be, and, more interestingly, why these particular frequencies? It's pretty anomalous considering it's a GSM/HSPA+ device on cellular and PCS with LTE 700/850/1700/1900 - that is to say bands LTE bands 2, 4, 5 and 17, so obviously excluding the G block of PCS spectrum that Sprint uses for its LTE currently. The immediate assumption is AT&T because of the cellular/PCS HSPA+, but what's with the LTE bands? Not to mention it's a pretty middle of the road phone. As a side note, doesn't band 5 overlap almost entirely with Sprint's ESMR spectrum?

I'm really anxious to hear what you guys think:

http://www.engadget....-quad-band-lte/

Tommy

Well, AT&T does have spectrum in all the areas listed, and has LTE currently in 700. They originally intended to do an additional LTE overlay on AWS, but this might be difficult do to the nature of the spectrum auction(west of the Mississippi). Also, the divested spectrum given to T-Mobile.

As for BC5/BC26,

spectp2.png

A few years back, there was an auction of AWS spectrum. The auction main winners where VZW & AT&T. The allotted spectrum to each virtually split right across the Mississippi River. VZW got only spectrum to the east, and AT&T only to the west.

Sent from my HTC Titan using Board Express