Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

Yeah my default site looks weird. Its on the union high School parking lot. My secondary site is at 81 mingo and looks like a legacy tower for sure. Ill keep my eyes peeled for crews. So they are adding in between existing cells and reconfiguring the 3g frequency on each tower as part of nv? Im too excited for this, excellent pictures by the way.

Those ping times are great! I do suggest you don't do so many speed tests so close together, (AJ doesn't like it).

I would love to see some pics of your sites. Sometimes there is work on cabinets down below before you see antennas but with such fast ping I feel like new back haul might be in place.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That different panel you posted is a 33 degree beam width panel. Look at the sector to the right of it and it has your standard looking 65 or 90 degree beam width RFS panel.

Sent from my little Note2

I was wondering why that panel had less connections

335cb4y.png

I was unable to repeat these results. I went by both sites and I got 0.18mbps dl with 685ms ping at the 81st and Mingo site and 0.39mbps dl with 711ms ping at the Union site. This is during peak hours mind you.

I got some pics of that odd ball site near Union. It has been a mystery to me for a while. The Sprint store near it has WiMax coverage (maybe from this site, I didn't have a WiMax device to test with). The most interesting part of it to me is the microwave radomes.

DSC_0037.JPG?token_hash=AAFfOAcUO7oSOpFIiG56fV581ndfUl2j2HjBPYY0qxcwyQ

DSC_0035.JPG?token_hash=AAH1sSXQimQzR0C0Y2aaZw672DzQfRF8f-z1r0PV5YT02w

The union site is not the wimax site. (Actual confirmed wimax site is about a mile southwest. I live no more than a half a mile from the wimax site and the signal does not reach me. I had an 82 MS ping at the b.a movie theatre on Lynn lane this evening. Todays speed and ping times have been complete opposite of yesterday. I had a 1300ms ping! (On the union tower)

The union site is not the wimax site. (Actual confirmed wimax site is about a mile southwest. I live no more than a half a mile from the wimax site and the signal does not reach me. I had an 82 MS ping at the b.a movie theatre on Lynn lane this evening. Todays speed and ping times have been complete opposite of yesterday. I had a 1300ms ping! (On the union tower)

In the Sponsor section we have maps showing the locations of all the WiMax Protection sites in the country.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

In the Sponsor section we have maps showing the locations of all the WiMax Protection sites in the country.

I'm well aware. I just thought this was an interesting site and wondered if you had seen anything like it or knew its history.

This Union tower carries a huge load. At times it is completely unusable. Hopefully it is in line to receive a HUGE upgrade with NV & LTE.

I tested last night after midnight and had a ping of 78ms! Just before posting this i had a ping of 858ms.

What causes you to lose an eHrpd connection? I have had constant eHrpd in south Tulsa for the past 2/3 months, today it dropped and has been EVDO_A since noon. As this is the first time i have noticed this to happen i am just curious as to what may be causing that.

What causes you to lose an eHrpd connection? I have had constant eHrpd in south Tulsa for the past 2/3 months, today it dropped and has been EVDO_A since noon. As this is the first time i have noticed this to happen i am just curious as to what may be causing that.

It goes down sometimes but around here it usually comes back later in the day.

It goes down sometimes but around here it usually comes back later in the day.

Hmm, well i wish it would hop back on eHrpd. The network is unusable on EVDO_A on that Union tower at all times of the day except 2 AM!

Hmm, well i wish it would hop back on eHrpd. The network is unusable on EVDO_A on that Union tower at all times of the day except 2 AM!

I noticed eHrpd dropping off here in BA also, about the same time you mentioned and am still on EVDO_A , pretty miserable

I had eHRPD once. It was awful. I had to use this ointment that smelled real bad. It stained everything.

Wait, what? Oh...eHRPD? Nevermind. Disregard what I said.

:P

• Like 2

I'm afraid I may have actually scared the workers off. They haven't come back since last Friday and there is still no LTE. Is there a way to tell you are on NV 3G?

I'm pulling 1.6~2.1 Mbps down with ~170ms ping.

I'm afraid I may have actually scared the workers off. They haven't come back since last Friday and there is still no LTE. Is there a way to tell you are on NV 3G?

I'm pulling 1.6~2.1 Mbps down with ~170ms ping.

Pulling 2 megs without an airave might be an indicator! I think ive heard pings under 100ms is a good sign. eHRPD has been down for 24 hours....dont know if this could indicate work, ive not seen crews.

Pulling 2 megs without an airave might be an indicator! I think ive heard pings under 100ms is a good sign. eHRPD has been down for 24 hours....dont know if this could indicate work, ive not seen crews.

I'm on eHRPD here. I'm waiting on my car to be worked on just across from the site.

I'm on the other side of the highway, or less than a quarter mile from it. I have -71 dbm in the building.

BSID: 12563

SID: 4164

NID: 1

EVDO and 1X are pretty similar signal strength wise so I don't think I'm on SMR.