Do you keep a spare battery?

legion125

With the majority of users having smartphones, you find keeping it going through the day even with moderate use to be a challenge. How do you keep it charged up? Do you carry a spare with you or do you invest in chargers and keep them in strategic locations?

Both, I bought a whole bunch of cheap chargers off Amazon and put them at work, home, the wife's work, my travel bag etc. Dual phone car charger in both vehicles and 4 spare batteries. I never run out of juice.

I did like Scott above when I bought an Evo. I have spare chargers stashed away everywhere. I sitll find them in places I never knew I had one. :rolleyes:

I tried spare batteries at first with the Evo, but it drove me bonkers. I hated rebooting my device when I put in the new battery. The Evo boots up so slow! I eventually went with an extended battery for the Evo. And that served me well until November 2011 when I bought my E4GT.

I initially thought I would have to buy an extended battery pack for the E4GT. But after rooting and keeping up with the latest kernels, etc., my battery life on my E4GT is about the same as it was on the Evo with an extended battery.

So all is good for me. I get through a day of normal usage without plugging in. I will usually have about 50% life when I get home from work in the evenings (that's if I don't plug in at all). With heavy usage, it will just last me about 8 to 10 hours. But, most of the time when I'm doing heavy usage, I'm plugged in somewhere.

In reality, I don't really let my device drop below about 75%. When it starts to get below that during the day, I try to plug it in. I never seem to know in advance when I'm going to use my device significantly. I like to be nearly charged up at all times, for when I roam off the electrical grid! :azn:

I'm getting ready to buy an extended battery for my Evo Shift 4g, and that should get me by all day, but lately, I don't use much battery when I'm in California compared to Nevada. And the signal here is only like 1 bar better than in Nevada for the most part.

No, I don't carry spare batteries. I have a charger in my living room, bedroom and my desk at work. If I'm running out of juice on the road, I just disable services I don't need.

I was thrilled to see that Motorola finally got the message about battery capacity with the RAZR Maxx. Hoping other mfgs follow suit.

Carry extra battery and have car charger in my work vehicle, my wife's car and my car and charger at work, charger in kitchen at home and on night stand. I'm a power user, always rooted and my signal is so bad at work(inside building) my battery just drains like it's a nascar race...

Can't wait until htc discovers how to catch up with Apple of battery Optimization of the android cpu compared to iOS, then the I'll be one happy android user.

I want to stick with android because all the apps I've bought and free apps I've downloaded from Amazon Appstore. If things don't improve with battery, i might jump to first lte sprint iPhone.

Sent from my EVO 3D w/ MeanRom

No, I don't carry spare batteries. I have a charger in my living room, bedroom and my desk at work. If I'm running out of juice on the road, I just disable services I don't need.

I was thrilled to see that Motorola finally got the message about battery capacity with the RAZR Maxx. Hoping other mfgs follow suit.

Saw an article on CNET last week talking about the joys of having permanent batteries like the iPhone and Razr MAXX. Helps with the design of the phone, but no solution if you have to do a battery pull, your stuck doing a hard reset then. The OEM's and carriers haven't thought out a way to support that type of device effectively yet..

• Like 1