Galaxy S3 LTE apps in System folder....

I started a post on xda-developers about our issue linking to Robert's article on the connection/threshold issue.

A developer on there pointed me to two apps in the system/app folder:

com.test.LTEfunctionality

com.test.LTETestModeSetting

In order to actually get to what activities they use you have to install a 3rd party launcher like Launcher Pro then hold down on the home screen: shortcut>>activites>> scroll and find the two apps and put a short cut on your home screen for each activity listed under each app. I played around with the apps a little, but I am afraid of really borking up my phone, so anyone that has an S3 that is more knowledgeable in this stuff want to give it a try please tell us if anything is useful in getting the thresholds turned down. I will list the activities you can do which each app:

com.test.LTEfunctionality

1)LTE Functionality test

2)LTE Test

3)DATA REC SEND

com.test.LTETestModeSetting

1)LTE Test Mode

2)Test Mode Setting

Hope this helps.

Nice work, troy96. Now we just need some brave souls in an LTE market to follow through: Document the menu choices and default values, tweak a setting if you understand it and think it would help, then test that hypothesis in an area with known live LTE towers. Hopefully you pilgrims will sort this out before I have to pull the trigger and buy that SG3. :)