LTE Networks San Antonio, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas/FW, and Kansas City

soulman

Getting a new phone is not really a problem. It's just I have to go from wifi hotspt to hotspt to get usable data signal. It bought an Att and Vzn phones for a trial period. I get 6mbps on hspa+ and 20mbps or bettee consistently on Lte. Not sure I can pay for 6 more months of terrible service in my area, thanks for help yall.

Just an update. I have a friend who I work with on I-10 in between medical and callaghan (eastbound side) and he has an EVOLTE. He has been getting a 4g signal off and on all day. He will pick up his phone, or toggle airplane mode and it will connect to 4g, but as soon as he tries to use it with a speed test or surfing, it goes away. Nothing exciting, just an update.

FYI, I bumped into an online Sprint "announcement" today on LTE rollout progress.

It did correctly (and belatedly?) include a caveat:

In the cities we have announced, and as we bring Network Vision to new cities, 4G LTE coverage is not comprehensive at first. It should, however, increase steadily and be mostly completed in a matter of months.

Also some links to selected trade press coverage.

• Like 1

I did a speedtest while at work during lunch. I must have timed it perfectly...Sprint must have been playing with the network, because when I tried later, the speeds were more in line with what I have been seeing. This test was done at Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, which is close to the same location as the Austin speedtest I posted earlier with a lot different results. Just thought I would share the good news! Hope that means August instead of September,

cleardot.gif

Test Date: Jul 24, 2012 12:49:28 pm

Connection Type: Ehrpd

Server: Fort Worth, TX

Download: 1559 kbps

Upload: 583 kbps

Ping: 217 ms

IP ADDRESSES REMOVED

Latitude: 30.38534

Longitude: -97.67410

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest...d/217466669.png