Sprint LTE Website not doing justice to network-need commercial

http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:4glte

The website shows 3G, 4G wiMax and 4G LTE speed comparisons. Unless you look at the speeds listed underneath, the bar graphs make the changes look minimal and would make a normal consumer not care about the difference of any of the networks. Any one agree? Thoughts?

I know Sprint doesn't want to set the network to higher standards than people will experience, but they need to give themselves a little bit more credit. Like I said before, AT&T has one of the better websites for explaining their network differences, and make LTE look super fast. Sprint is definitely a competitor, why set themselves behind?

I am happy that a site about LTE has been posted. Should get to their home page SOON to get some hype going.

I would like to see a commercial about "the network of the future is underway"- that would get people thinking and would probably give them a better image. Plus, if done right, and not in a joking manner it would be sweet! That is something Sprint NEEDS to do... maybe a few more markets first.

http://www.sprint.co...ID=vanity:4glte

The website shows 3G, 4G wiMax and 4G LTE speed comparisons. Unless you look at the speeds listed underneath, the bar graphs make the changes look minimal and would make a normal consumer not care about the difference of any of the networks. Any one agree? Thoughts?

I know Sprint doesn't want to set the network to higher standards than people will experience, but they need to give themselves a little bit more credit. Like I said before, AT&T has one of the better websites for explaining their network differences, and make LTE look super fast. Sprint is definitely a competitor, why set themselves behind?

I am happy that a site about LTE has been posted. Should get to their home page SOON to get some hype going.

I would like to see a commercial about "the network of the future is underway"- that would get people thinking and would probably give them a better image. Plus, if done right, and not in a joking manner it would be sweet! That is something Sprint NEEDS to do... maybe a few more markets first.

I was just thinking about this yesterday and I have a different conclusion. Fifteen cities with approx 40% coverage is a drop in the bucket. You already have un-informed folks complaining that they do not have an LTE signal in a particular launch city. I would wait until I could at least double my current market presence(from 15 to 30) and bring all active LTE markets up to at least 50-60% before I would make a big deal about LTE. I would also try to include bmore an chi town into that expansion to soften the negative boos from NYC and LA.
  • Like 1

I was just thinking about this yesterday and I have a different conclusion. Fifteen cities with approx 40% coverage is a drop in the bucket. You already have un-informed folks complaining that they do not have an LTE signal in a particular launch city. I would wait until I could at least double my current market presence(from 15 to 30) and bring all active LTE markets up to at least 50-60% before I would make a big deal about LTE. I would also try to include bmore an chi town into that expansion to soften the negative boos from NYC and LA.

I agree. I think Chicago and New Yorks deployment will be something people will be satisfied with- a lot of towers overlap. I just want it to happen now. Couldn't they pull a Verizon and say "coming soon" like they did with that dramatic guy running through a field to a barn and throwing a lightning bolt in the sky? Gotta admit it got me excited and I'm with Sprint...

• Like 2

I am no fan of Sprint marketing and PR. There are some good folks that work there. But their current implementation misses the mark. I don't know if they are too restrained by Executives and the Board, or if they are inherently restrained on their own.

Robert

I agree. I think Chicago and New Yorks deployment will be something people will be satisfied with- a lot of towers overlap. I just want it to happen now. Couldn't they pull a Verizon and say "coming soon" like they did with that dramatic guy running through a field to a barn and throwing a lightning bolt in the sky? Gotta admit it got me excited and I'm with Sprint...

Verizon is like the Jesus network, they can do no wrong! I have gotten this feeling over the last 2-3 years that there is a very large group of people who are dedicated to seeing sprint fail and some of those people are so called journalist. Sprint seems to be extra sensitive to this and they should be at this point.

And I thought that they got a new marketing company that were supposed to help change the face of Sprint. I think that they could go a little "darker" and more intense with their marketing. I do like their website, but their commercials need to get the point across and make it interesting and captivating.

I also hope Sprint reads all this and understands that that is something they need to do!

I would have to agree on this one. I was just at their site thinking there is really nothing about their 4G network here and thought it was a fail. Then I went and saw everyone else reporting on it and all of the negative and came to the conclusion also that it would be to soon for to much focus on it. I think they could do a better job of saying it is underway but need to be careful as there are way to many ignorant people out there.

And I thought that they got a new marketing company that were supposed to help change the face of Sprint. I think that they could go a little "darker" and more intense with their marketing. I do like their website, but their commercials need to get the point across and make it interesting and captivating.

I also hope Sprint reads all this and understands that that is something they need to do!

I think the Hesse themed commercials served their purpose even if Sprint stuck with them a wee bit too long. I like the new commercials for their amusement factor but I still don't think they are very effective. I actually like the AT&T commercials better than anybody else s. Especially the speed dating commercial.
  • Like 1

I think the Hesse themed commercials served their purpose even if Sprint stuck with them a wee bit too long. I like the new commercials for their amusement factor but I still don't think they are very effective. I actually like the AT&T commercials better than anybody else s. Especially the speed dating commercial.

I also love the speed dating one. That always makes me laugh.

• Like 1

I like the Kevin Durant commercial, but everytime it comes on, I forget that it is a commercial for Sprint until the very end

I like their new commercials. I do not think you all consider them good, because they are not geared towards you. As someone who the commercials are geared towards( Currently on ATT with a data cap), I can definitely say having to force myself to use wifi or not use my data SUCKS!!

I think once more Verizon customers are forced to switch to their new plans, People will be jumping in droves to sprint to not have to worry about data usage, especially since the lowest plan you can get is 90 bucks and you only get 1Gb of data.