Network Vision/LTE - Washington DC Market

Abyss19707

Actually it was credible because markets did open in Maryland on Black Friday just not the part of Maryland anybody lives in.

I don't think you're understanding that Shentel is NOT Sprint. They are an affiliate who is deploying independently of Sprint. So yes, markets in MD did launch, but not from Sprint.

Obviously shentel is not Sprint, Einstein. LTE did launch for Sprint customers on Black Friday so the person's intel did merit some credentials.

I don't think you'll last long here. LTE launched for some customers? There are towers broadcasting LTE in DC, but not nearly enough for the market to be "launched". So if I say, for the next 6 months Sprint will be "launching" DC I would be spot on... cause... you know... towers will be coming online that whole time. Just because you see blips of LTE signals in no way implies enough of the market is ready to "launch" so that you can then sit here and complain that coverage is spotty.

This thread is on warning. I expect a whole lot more respectful tone, or I will close this thread.

Also this thread is intended for discussion relating to the corporate sprint market covering the Washington DC market, not the shentel affiliate market.

• Like 2

I get it that the Sprint Corp Washington DC market has no relation to Shentel. But I am curious if the Alcatel-Lucent resources that have installed the Shentel Antennas and Ground components were rerouted from the Washington DC, NOVA, Maryland DC Surburban area because they just were not ready to make the upgrade. I would believe Alcatel-Lucent has finite resources. You would think sprints deployment would try for the biggest population 1st, but a glitch at the most densely populated area would require a plan 'B'. Shentel is so close to Washington DC that the two market can not be entirely seperate. You never know what deals may have been cut. The Summer storms in the DC area were very rough. Shentel may have assisted in repairs and got moved up on the LTE list. Shentel is not doing its own tower work are?

I get it that the Sprint Corp Washington DC market has no relation to Shentel. But I am curious if the Alcatel-Lucent resources that have installed the Shentel Antennas and Ground components were rerouted from the Washington DC, NOVA, Maryland DC Surburban area because they just were not ready to make the upgrade. I would believe Alcatel-Lucent has finite resources. You would think sprints deployment would try for the biggest population 1st, but a glitch at the most densely populated area would require a plan 'B'. Shentel is so close to Washington DC that the two market can not be entirely seperate. You never know what deals may have been cut. The Summer storms in the DC area were very rough. Shentel may have assisted in repairs and got moved up on the LTE list. Shentel is not doing its own tower work are?

Shentel is in fact doing their own tower work. At least thats what I've gathered so far from the Shentel market thread (which would of been a more appropriate place to discuss this).

• Like 1

Got a great 4G connection in Bowie:

post-8172-0-56865000-1353817701_thumb.png

However, where I am at now (Crofton) which is at lat: 39.00982 long: -76.67449. I only get a 3G signal. So am I in Balto or DC?

Edited by gd224

I think it depends parts of Bowie that outline Crofton may be in a different market than the parts that border Largo or Mitchellville I'm just going to go by Sprints press release and expect LTE sometime around mid 2013 assuming the world doesn't end Dec 2012

cool...

Of course this is not a Sprint ranting website, though he has a point, (assuming your in Minnesota) you have no idea how... less than desirable.. the Sprint data is in Washington DC & Metro. Some areas have gotten better, though it happens way to often that I get data test speeds of .01-.1 Mbps. This mean's you can't roam to Verizon, though you virtually don't have internet. Not to mention, this eats your battery.

I traveled to PA this past weekend, and it was amazing, Hulu-Plus in HQ with little pauses the entire way. On my 40 minute commute to DC, it's not even possible to finish a 20 minute show because of constant buffering.

I am impatiently waiting for it to get better, though otherwise I don't mind too much the extra encouragement to use the kindle :)