Network Vision 3G Improved?

Rockin all over DFW now. My tab gets almost 3mbps on a tower that has LTE. I get 18mbps+ LTE with my GS3.

Happy happy happy....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for sharing, that is nice. I hope more people share their speeds soon

I think I am experiencing upgraded 3G near the DC Area, in that I am getting above .5 mbps down and close to .5 mbps up consistently (topping out around 1.25 mbps down and .75 up) and ~120ms pings, as that seems too good for non NV. I also think that my old Optimus S, which was never very good to begin with, is the culprit here.

If I remember correctly from a post I read months ago, each deployment company is responsible for supplying the new equipment, and there were shortages of 3G equipment at Ericsson and I believe one of the other companies had a shortage of 4G gear (i dont remember exactly what equipment it was). This was why the one map from a couple months ago had some areas with 4G-only complete, 3G-only complete, and 3G/4G completed on the towers. They had to ensure the 4G LTE was ready for launch to meet contract requirements from sprint, but eventually everyone will have better speed and signal as every tower will have the NV complete for both 3G and 4G.

Robert how many sites total have 3g running on the NV gear right now?

779 have 3G only upgrades. 41 have 3G and 800 CDMA upgrades.

I think I am experiencing upgraded 3G near the DC Area, in that I am getting above .5 mbps down and close to .5 mbps up consistently (topping out around 1.25 mbps down and .75 up) and ~120ms pings, as that seems too good for non NV. I also think that my old Optimus S, which was never very good to begin with, is the culprit here.

DC is an active 3G NV deployment area.

If I remember correctly from a post I read months ago, each deployment company is responsible for supplying the new equipment, and there were shortages of 3G equipment at Ericsson and I believe one of the other companies had a shortage of 4G gear (i dont remember exactly what equipment it was). This was why the one map from a couple months ago had some areas with 4G-only complete, 3G-only complete, and 3G/4G completed on the towers. They had to ensure the 4G LTE was ready for launch to meet contract requirements from sprint, but eventually everyone will have better speed and signal as every tower will have the NV complete for both 3G and 4G.

I have heard this several times, but never have been able to confirm it. I guess it makes sense, and why the 3G deployments are not occurring in Ericsson Network Vision areas yet.

Robert

Walked by my downtown tower location today and noticed an AT&T van outside the building. To clarify it was their nonwireless division. The building the sprint tower is on is empty and has been for sale for years. I recognized the T1 gear he was throwing together. So I stopped and asked him if that was going in the empty building for sprint. He was kinda shocked and says uhh..yeah. so I asked him how many he was installing. He wouldn't budge. Think I freaked him out since I knew who it was for. The tower is listed for several upgrades though.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 3

Digiblur your in B.R. right? If things is starting up there I know it should be starting up New Orleans too.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Yes, he and I both work downtown and have probably submitted more trouble tickets to network escalations than we can count. If I had to guess, this is a band-aid fix and not NV related.