Network Vision/LTE - Atlanta/Athens Market

frank04

I just did a speedtest for the heck of it and my download is 29043kbps' date=' 5998 up. In Suwanee, GA.[/quote']

I'm in Suwanee near Town Center and nothing for me.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Forum Runner

Nothing yet in Roswell near Holcomb Bridge and Alpharetta Hwy/9/120/Main St/whatever other names it has. I did just kick in a few bucks to support the site (it really is a great resource), so I'll take a peek at the map whenever that gets activated.

• Like 1

Well maybe a few spots. I had it at the Walgreen's on Buford hwy' date=' but not off Old Peachtree between Sugarloaf and Bunten...yet[/quote']

Its important to remember, this launch does not mean that every tower in the market is upgraded yet... they launched at 40-50% completion . It will take some more months to see it pop up in more places.

• Like 1

Well maybe a few spots. I had it at the Walgreen's on Buford hwy, but not off Old Peachtree between Sugarloaf and Bunten...yet

Correct. I have good coverage at home but I live near the Walgreens. I went to the Kroger on Sugarloaf yesterday and didn't get LTE.

anyone having the 4g connects for a second then disco. I have found a tempt solution. do the ##3282# edit must have msl and change from cdmaehrplte to just cdma/lte locks almost instantly and stays. I have found that it randomly switches back to ehrp/cdma just change it back.

I think it is changing prematurely in a weak signal, because once it locks only got 1-2 bars with speeds around 4-5 down but still a lot better that less than 1 on 3g

• Like 1

anyone having the 4g connects for a second then disco. I have found a tempt solution. do the ##3282# edit must have msl and change from cdmaehrplte to just cdma/lte locks almost instantly and stays. I have found that it randomly switches back to ehrp/cdma just change it back.

I think it is changing prematurely in a weak signal, because once it locks only got 1-2 bars with speeds around 4-5 down but still a lot better that less than 1 on 3g

Thank you. I think the phone is doing exactly that. It drops when the 4G gets to 1-2 bars even though those speeds would still be better then Sprints 3G signal. I am going to try this. If it works I may post it in xda-developers if you don't mind.

Edit: Where do you go to just get CDMA+LTE mode. I have an S3 but the menus should be similar. I don't have an option under Write--->Other---->HDR/1X Selection It only has LTE only, LTE+CDMA+EVDO, some hybrid mode, anda few others just not CDMA+LTE only...

Edited by troyd96
  • Like 1

I remember my experience with my 3D phone on 4G.

If it is off, tap it with an icon and it would say "connecting ..." and if it doesnt find it, then it would say "disconnected".

1. How come no icon button to turn LTE on or off?

2. If there is LTE, it would just come on automatically in 1 sec? Polling or push?

I figured out I think how to kill EVDO(3G) on the Galaxy S3 so that you get just LTE + CDMA. If in the ##3282## code Edit put in your MSL go to eHRPD and click disable. That I think will prevent you from using a 3G signal. I would much rather have a 1-2 bar 4G signal and have the phone not cut it to a full 3G signal. I know it may eat my battery more, but the speed on a 1-2 bar 4G signal on sprint will still be faster than a full 3G signal on sprint.

• Like 1

I figured out I think how to kill EVDO(3G) on the Galaxy S3 so that you get just LTE + CDMA. If in the ##3282## code Edit put in your MSL go to eHRPD and click disable. That I think will prevent you from using a 3G signal. I would much rather have a 1-2 bar 4G signal and have the phone not cut it to a full 3G signal. I know it may eat my battery more, but the speed on a 1-2 bar 4G signal on sprint will still be faster than a full 3G signal on sprint.

This also works for the Evo 4G LTE.

The NV completed sites map doesn't show that there are any completed sites close to my home (within 3 - 5 miles)...but I know a couple weeks ago I got an LTE signal not even a mile from where I live (pulling 29+ megs down)....went back to the scene of the crime and nothing. I'm baffled...now sure how this could be. Maybe there is some work that still needs to be done to that site...not sure what that would be. Doesn't look like its going to happen for me today...getting the occassional 3G/4G/3G switch but unable to run a test because 4G signal is so low. It sucks but hey...maybe in a few more weeks if im lucky.

I live in the subdivison that is located right at the corner of the buffington/old bill intersection and me nor my wife have been able to pick up LTE yet on either of our gs3's. I'm rooted and rom'd but she's not wonder what is going on.

The tower closest to where south fulton hwy meets roosevelt isn't going to get upgraded until next month. The next closest two, about two miles away each(each in opposite direction from the intersection), aren't schedule to get upgrades until november. Now the next tower which is around two miles as well is already live, the exact location of that tower is buffington rd and old bill cook. So this should give you an idea of what to expect. If you are south east of south fulton and roosevelt then you should get an lte signal.

Just back from driving around. I live off Powder Springs road near the Marietta Square with NO 4G. Drove Delk rd to 75 south to 285 east. I did get 4G just around Sandy Springs for a short moment. That is the only place I got 4G. If this is the Atlanta launch.....I guess it will be awhile before I see it in my neighbor.

I tested my eHRPD theory and I still get it going to 3g anyway. So no dice on the setting. I think that setting on just provides smoother transition with data between lte and 3g. I do know that turning the Sprint connection optimization thing off will keep your 4G radio on all the time instead of scanning and tuning off which may get you 4G more often but will definitely kill you battery faster.

I tested my eHRPD theory and I still get it going to 3g anyway. So no dice on the setting. I think that setting on just provides smoother transition with data between lte and 3g. I do know that turning the Sprint connection optimization thing off will keep your 4G radio on all the time instead of scanning and tuning off which may get you 4G more often but will definitely kill you battery faster.

Personally I think its (sprint optimization)something sprint came up with to help ease some of the load off of its network first and foremost. With that checked...it will turn Wifi on if your at home because naturally the signal will be stronger than a 3G or 4G signal. Secondly, it helps prolong your battery life as a result...but I think sprint defintely wants you to get your data from wifi first before you get it from them. Makes sense to me.

I am fine with that if it only turn wifi on and off and didn't touch the 4G radio at all, and by turning on and off the LTE radio you are less likely to get a 4G signal because it isn't always on. I want wifi first then 4G always on looking then last resort 3g if no 4G available. I would like to have a toggle to be able to turn 3g off when the phone starts acting up with a 1-2 bars 4G signal.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I am fine with that if it only turn wifi on and off and didn't touch the 4G radio at all, and by turning on and off the LTE radio you are less likely to get a 4G signal because it isn't always on. I want wifi first then 4G always on looking then last resort 3g if no 4G available. I would like to have a toggle to be able to turn 3g off when the phone starts acting up with a 1-2 bars 4G signal.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

yeah...no way around it...at least with the GS3. Wifi will turn off mobile data.