GALAXY S3 BATTERY LIFE

purpleunicorn

As soon as I sell my next website. Waiting for the person to have money to pay for me to build it, and then convince my friend to let me have their extra upgrade, lol. I'm hoping for the end of July to get it.

Prefer it in every way? Why? You hate the superior screen on the EVO LTE?

I get good battery life out my GS3. I just get much better life out of my EVO LTE. Yet I still carry the GS3 as my daily device. I prefer it in every way, except battery life. The battery life is noticeably better than my GNex.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

It gets dimmer when you go outside? That's odd. My viper gets super bright when i go outside, sometimes too bright.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

That's a viper...kind of different

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

You mean other than not being Pentile (which is significant) and being brighter?

I'll have you know my screen is absolutely vibrant look...oh yeah kind of a crazy wallpaper but I like it!

post-2889-13422987445688_thumb.jpg

You mean other than not being Pentile (which is significant) and being brighter?

It's not superior in Any way

Please, let's not turn this into XDA. Vibrant does mostly mean extremely oversaturated, but that's no reason for confrontational posts.

I have both devices...so I think I can be objective. I prefer the GS3 display in indoors situations. It looks better to my eyes. The blacks look better, the colors are more vibrant. I think the EVO LTE colors look slightly more washed out, maybe even a slight gray hue to everything. I only prefer the EVO LTE screen in direct sunlight situations. It is far superior in direct light...no doubt. However, both have great displays, so it comes down to minor personal preferences.

Robert

I was! I want hate and bile! ;)

Though mainly I want Sprint LTE..

We weren't being confrontational

Please, let's not turn this into XDA. Vibrant does mostly mean extremely oversaturated, but that's no reason for confrontational posts.

It's not superior in Any way

If you want to have an intelligent conversation, that's fine, but this kind of idiocy will not be tolerated. (not saying all quoted posts are idiocy, just giving an informal warning)

I've had my GS3 for a day and can report that the battery is a beast. Then again, I haven't exactly been spoiled having come from an OG EVO and a GNEX for a day.

Yesterday I spend half the day on Wifi and half on 3G and was playing games, on facebook, texting and sufing and got over 14 hours and was at 10% when I put it on the charger.

• Like 2

Yesterday I spend half the day on Wifi and half on 3G and was playing games, on facebook, texting and sufing and got over 14 hours and was at 10% when I put it on the charger.

Cool I get 10 hours on average

• 2 weeks later...

Since I live a few miles away from the closest LTE enabled tower I stayed in CDMA only mode, LTE mode was eating up power. The optimizer was also draining the battery before I received the update to PLG8.

Now the optimizer seems to work properly and the cell standby power drainage in LTE mode is mo better due to the threshold changes that were made.

• 3 weeks later...

Sometimes my GS3 will become warm to the touch in my pocket. I know this must be due to a wakelock somewhere. I usually either restart the phone, or use the task manager to clear ram.

Usually, I get pretty good battery life, but sometimes the slope of the battery drain is pretty extreme.

Is there a app or a setting that will show wakelocks? or hung apps that are consuming power?

Thanks

I'm coming from using a Palm Pre and briefly using an Epic 4G S1, and the view in sunlight on the galaxy s3 is really poor- heck the backlighting is really weak coming from the Pre which I could keep at between 4 and 20% of brightness and it was as bright as the S3 in full brightness. The screen is pretty but definitely has a viewability more in line with a tv.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but my battery life has been horrible and I have checked the battery resource consumption and nothing running in background services or apps indicating heavy ccause of the drain? Im in downtown Chicago so wondering if the terrible service and data connection is the culprit as its straining to get solid connection and that my data speeds probably max out regularely at like 85k. Sort of a major frustration because I was doing fine on the Epic 4G with a Wimax connection- even though it would chew through battery life to justify that given the data rate speeds. Though it is a concern that seemed like epic 4 g also had a faster 3G connection. I'm wondering if I should just switch back to the epic 4 G given the better connection quality and that downtown Chicago will not have updated for a couple more months probably be and updated flagship phone available even though I have had a positive experience with my galaxy s 3 spite of the data connection slowed speeds and quick battery drain which compared to others seems like is draining way too fast based on comparable rates of use....

sent from my G III via tapatalk.