Discussion about frequency and its effect on range

Yes it can be true, the new design with remote radio units makes signal go about 20% more than old system.I'm seeing this in other places as way.less roaming costs for sprint.

It goes from voice roaming and no 3G to LTE coverage. Now that is great news!

I toggle between 4G WiMax and LTE and the LTE has bigger coverage in HOuston.

The news is that my parent house is like on the verge of countryside and the LTE speed will be faster than his cable modem.

I am looking at the updated map of Sprint coverage.

I also look at my parent place in Manvel, Tx and I cant even Sprint signal and have to be on roaming and my 3D phone drain in 2 hours.

Now, it changed from Roaming to LTE coverage. Can this be true?

That tells me LTE signal (orange color) can go very far then 4G WiMax?

Or perhaps its too early to tell.

Yes, WiMAX was on 2500 and LTE is 1900 that's a big difference in signal and how far it can travel and penetrate buildings, combine that with the new NV towers that give out more power and better signal than old ones and you might get coverage there now. When 800 comes that is when you will notice a huge difference in coverage .

Yes, WiMAX was on 2500 and LTE is 1900 that's a big difference in signal and how far it can travel and penetrate buildings, combine that with the new NV towers that give out more power and better signal than old ones and you might get coverage there now. When 800 comes that is when you will notice a huge difference in coverage .

The 800 mhz launch should be interesting. Wonder if it will be anything like 7/14...(LTE Eve).

Hello all ! New member, new sponsor and first post. I found these slides over at androidpolice.com and thought it would visually explain frequencies and it's effects on range. These are from the atlanta market and came from a sprint webinar. you can check out the story here.

http://www.androidpo...-drop-your-jaw/

first slide is baseline:

image51.png

second is NV 1900:

image52.png

third slide is NV 800:

image54.png NV 800 will be amazing !!!!

That is amazing!

That is what I was saying about the 2.4 and 5 ghz at home.

Copy this from that site::

You won't need your glasses to see the difference here. Lower frequency means longer wavelength, which in turns means better signal propagation and building penetration. Sprint seems to think it really will be this significant.

Hello all ! New member, new sponsor and first post. I found these slides over at androidpolice.com and thought it would visually explain frequencies and it's effects on range. These are from the atlanta market and came from a sprint webinar. you can check out the story here.

http://www.androidpo...-drop-your-jaw/

first slide is baseline:

second is NV 1900:

third slide is NV 800:

NV 800 will be amazing !!!!

We actually had the first article on this: http://s4gru.com/ind...-webinar-today/

All other tech sites followed after us. S4GRU actually sat in on the Webinar. The only tech site present.

Robert

• Like 1