Sprint LTE VS Verizon LTE speed test

If Sprint switches from unlimited to 5GB...and starts allowing tethering as part of that 5GB...I'll still stick with them. Sure, 5GB is less than unlimited, but that amount of data is reasonable, even if I decide to broadcast an hour-long event via LTE on UStream once a week...yeah, between that and Google+ photo uploads, I have one of Fort Worth's LTE towers a bit of a workout. My usage will taper off now but I'm up to 2.23GB of 4G data, 277MB of 3G and 446MB of tethering (mostly on 4G).

With all the bad press Sprint is taking, the only way for them to attract more customers is to keep unlimited data around. Once the network vision project is done and (hopefully) Sprint has the best, most reliable network out there, they can drop unlimited data and feel confident that they can keep their customers and continue to attract more customers away from other carriers. I can't imagine that happening until at least late 2014. Unlimited data could close the gap between the duopoly and Sprint.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

• Like 1

Sprint will evaluate unlimited annually. And as long as it gives them differentiation and new customers keep citing it as the reason for coming over, then you can expect it to stay.

Sprint has no short term problems or even midterm network/spectrum issues that would require them to drop unlimited.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 4

Sprint will evaluate unlimited annually. And as long as it gives them differentiation and new customers keep citing it as the reason for coming over, then you can expect it to stay.

Sprint has no short term problems or even midterm network/spectrum issues that would require them to drop unlimited.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

May it never go away and why is it verizon the only one with lte in seattle? Seems kinda fishy.

May it never go away and why is it verizon the only one with lte in seattle? Seems kinda fishy.

Fishy? How so? Like, as in a conspiracy?

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Fishy? How so? Like' date=' as in a conspiracy?

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner[/quote']

Don't get me going on conspiracies... lol

Were you at pike place market? Is that why it's fishy?

• Like 1

Bottom line I think sprint Is gonna keep unlimited on the simple fact its what customers want kind of like old country buffet or golden corral there popular because they offer the same food for a certain price and offer it unlimited

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

well when golden corral runs out of food, people go somewhere else.

Last I hear golden corral is still in business ...and now im hungry. Now on the other hand...if they were not an "all you can eat buffet" I might elect to eat else where.

I do not think unlimited data will last forever, but I do not think overburdened network will be the cause. I think increase profits will be the main factor in switching away. Verizon's new lowest plan is 90 bucks. That is going to shoot up ARPU as people move towards those plans. I believe they will switch to their own version of ShareEverything. They will probably charge 30 per phone and start at 3 or 4GBs for what ATT/Verizon charge for 1Gb.

I agree that they will also change their plans, but I believe that they will keep both the personal and family plan unlimited accounts. Marketing and customer psyche is very important even if they do not all use it, the option to switch to the plan is there.

The unlimited plans will still be a difference maker, but the price might move up as people are able to use more over the new network. People that are not in range of clearwire's wimax I'm sure that they have trouble going over 2GB anyway, so they are not worrying too much about the increase in costs of unlimited right now.

I would expect them to also drop the tiered phone pricing, unless they also find a way to include video calls (which I do not like the idea of, and will be hacked around)... Anyway, I would expect them to increase the cost for unlimited at least $10 higher then the basic unlimited package that they offer now.

That would make an unlimited plan cost around $100 per person after taxes, but with no overages, it will remain popular... and they should include 1GB of tethering/hotspot, with a cheap $5/GB option to add additional tethering/hotspot data. This will increase the usage of the feature, instead the current $30 incentive to find another way around the carrier charges.

After that, they should really crush the other shared plans, making 5GB the lowest tier, and having an unlimited option for the same approx price of the other companies highest tier. Also, they should have a simple pricing for going over the limit ($5/GB) That would be charged more as a 'pay for use' than an 'overage' charge. Some people might not get this, but if people do not fear the overage charge, there is more chance of making money off of it. If people try and avoid going over their allotted data limit, the company will not realize the profit from it. Sprint can look like the company that "isn't out to screw its customers" and even without everyone on an unlimited data plan, they can still increase their ARPU's and keep their great customer service record.

One of sprint's advantages right now is that plans are simple, and people feel that it is a good value compared to the duolopy of At&Vzw. But the other advantage is that it costs less when you do not have to track every customer... if this is implemented correctly, they should be able to save money on operational costs over their rivals.

These are just my opinions, but if there was an option to send suggestions to sprint, I would like them to hear it.

well when golden corral runs out of food, people go somewhere else.

You shouldn't compare the 2 things directly... I hate buffets because they usually have crappy food (and yes, although golden corral is the best buffet, buffets have lower quality food than other restaurants) and I do not usually eat more than I would get at a regular restaurant.

Data usage is slightly different now, but after NV is complete within 2 years, data speeds and coverage for 90% of all Americans will be similar across all carriers. So there will be no difference in the 'entree', and there is always room for more data! lol. So sprint's marketing will be VERY important in the next few years.

There is no real good way to compare these 2 phones and their speeds. The Rezound is on Gingerbread and reports signal differently than a phone on ICS. Signal "bars" are a generalization of a fairly wide signal variance. You could have 2 bars and -112 dBm on one and 2 bars and -104 dBm on the other. At that signal strength, the LTE performance is degrading rapidly and it's hard to make a fair comparison. Add in that the EVO LTE was experiencing issues connecting to LTE and may or may not be fixed, and you really just have numbers.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I don't know how much stock we can put in speed comparison numbers.

I did some comparision speed test on a wifi network and both phones were very close to the same for upload and download. I think the test is a valid comparision of the speed difference between to to carriers. Granted, it is 1 test, so more samples would be needed.

I did some comparision speed test on a wifi network and both phones were very close to the same for upload and download. I think the test is a valid comparision of the speed difference between to to carriers. Granted' date=' it is 1 test, so more samples would be needed.[/quote']

The WiFi network is coming from the same source and should be at about the same signal strength. Sprint and Verizon are likely in different locations, using different frequency, and the phones are likely reporting signal strength differently. The tests are far from scientific and you would probably need around 50 tests to get an idea of network speeds, but it would likely only reflect which carrier had stronger signal in the areas the speed tests were run.

Last I hear golden corral is still in business ...and now im hungry. Now on the other hand...if they were not an "all you can eat buffet" I might elect to eat else where.

Exactly lol and old country buffet is way better than golden corral IMHO but sprint needs unlimited data

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1