LTE IS LIVE!

Zerovoltz

I looked at my EVO 4G LTE phone this afternoon and noticed it went to 4G...and has been on for over 3 hours now. 3Meg Down and 2 Meg up last speed check I did.

Where are you located at?

Actually that's not bad at all. For comparison, here in NYC on AT&T with my galaxy Note I get

- download-, -- upload--, -ping-

17441 kbps, 5743 kbps, 69 ms,

13894 kbps, 2223 kbps, 79 ms,

15256 kbps, 5486 kbps, 78 ms,

So I like what I see with Sprint's LTE. Awesome.Can't wait for it to get here.

Thanks for posting guys.

TS

Well I got better results today than yesterday. It varied greatly...

post-2836-0-00598100-1342059809_thumb.png

• Like 1

Have not been able to connect 4G from home, so went to the location where I had previously connected 4G ( 135st and Neiman). I connected 4G after toggling to CDMA and back to LTE. I tried to do a speed test, but it would not complete.

There is more work to be done in this area... :)

I got connected and ran a few speed test from the tower at 135 and Switzer. Posted the pic in a different thread though.

On my way home from work, I was at the intersection of Independence Ave and Paseo when I got my first 4G signal; 7000K up and down.

When I went down to where my girlfriend lives, I got a much stronger signal down at 35 and Johnson Drive... these speeds were NICE.

post-2048-0-14031300-1342121245_thumb.png

Thank you Ericsson and Sprint!

• Like 2

k10 i435 i35 [KS highways BTW] corridor has had LTE solid since after midnight 12 Jul. Rebooted just after midnight and toyed with the phone a lot since then and only once dropped to 3G speeds.

Ive been very patient...I would think it may go live a little early...I mean, a Sunday is kind of an odd day to start it up huh?

I hope it does go live a lil early. I have been all around Houston today just seeing if I would get an LTE connection,and nothing. But I did get eHRPD or whatever it is and still have that here at home. Its the first my phone has ever gotten that. Don't really know what it meansthough.

Im not 100% sure either, but I know here in Katy (Fry Rd@529) Ive had nothing but crappy 3G. I work off of Wayside and I-10 and thats where I use my phone the most lol. This deal better be worth the wait, cause this 3G crap sucks lol....

I live about 5 min from I-10 and Wayside and 3g sux there as well but I'm between 2 towers that are going to have lte, so I really hope its worth it as well.

Sweet!! At work, I get 3G, but the speeds still suck donkey's.....Im hoping that the LTE is as good or better than what the 4G WiMax was at my work (Penn Machine). I use Slacker radio and on 3G, its not even useable. This anticipation better be worth it lmao!!!