LTE IS LIVE!

Zerovoltz

I'm not sure, as I just began to use Netmonitor and that was the first reading I got. The tower readings seem to show EvDo rev.A (Sprint) when they're not showing eHRPD, if that helps.

Yes, eHRPD will substitute for EVDO to facilitate handoffs from LTE connections. Non-LTE phones would probably just see EVDO.

You might try CDMA Field Test instead, which actually captures the connection type in its log. FWIW, I don't like Netmonitor anyway for privacy reasons.

• Like 1

Yes, eHRPD will substitute for EVDO to facilitate handoffs from LTE connections. Non-LTE phones would probably just see EVDO.

You might try CDMA Field Test instead, which actually captures the connection type in its log. FWIW, I don't like Netmonitor anyway for privacy reasons.

Thanks for the suggestion. For some reason, the Play Store is saying that CDMA Field Test is not compatible with my Sprint Galaxy Nexus? It will, however, let me load it on my Toshiba Thrive Tablet, so I guess I can locate the .apk and sideload it on my Nexus and give it a shot.

Was not aware of privacy issues with Netmonitor, so thanks for the head's up.

Thanks for the suggestion. For some reason, the Play Store is saying that CDMA Field Test is not compatible with my Sprint Galaxy Nexus? It will, however, let me load it on my Toshiba Thrive Tablet, so I guess I can locate the .apk and sideload it on my Nexus and give it a shot.

Was not aware of privacy issues with Netmonitor, so thanks for the head's up.

It's compatible with my SIII

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion. For some reason' date=' the Play Store is saying that CDMA Field Test is not compatible with my Sprint Galaxy Nexus? It will, however, let me load it on my Toshiba Thrive Tablet, so I guess I can locate the .apk and sideload it on my Nexus and give it a shot.

Was not aware of privacy issues with Netmonitor, so thanks for the head's up.[/quote']

I use CDMA Field Test on my GNex and it works great. I don't know why it says it's not compatible in the Play Store.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Ben...

That YouTube vid (from KC, if I recall correctly) was previously posted a few times several days ago. But I am glad you posted it again, as you got me to watch it this time. I especially liked the simultaneous speed tests that dropped to ~16 Mbps per handset, showing that both handsets were still each getting 2x2 MIMO and together saturating the sector downlink.

AJ

• Like 1

Ben...

That YouTube vid (from KC, if I recall correctly) was previously posted a few times several days ago. But I am glad you posted it again, as you got me to watch it this time. I especially liked the simultaneous speed tests that dropped to ~16 Mbps per handset, showing that both handsets were still each getting 2x2 MIMO and together saturating the sector downlink.

AJ

Damn, I hate being the guy who repeats a post. Glad it worked out this time, though. lol Just with all the growth here lately, its hard for me to keep up with everything.

Everyone please update their Sprint "Profile" under settings->about phone which will help with faster speeds. Please watch this video and listen around the 1:00 mark.

Easier and faster than updating profile, Robert also mentions this on the wall, that switch network type to cdma/lte, lte only or switching from and back to cdma/lte/evdo will sometimes get you a lte connection.

I am working with an app called Sensorly on the market. This app is used by regular users like us to make the coverage maps. I emailed the app developer and asked when he would add Sprint's lte in there and be said very very soon and to go ahead and keep recording the data and when he adds lte it will automatically add our records to the map. I would hope everyone will help map our coverage because, let's face it, not one carrier has an accurate coverage map.

Check the app out. You'll probably see true coverage for your area.

Sorry for the sales pitch but we really need accurate maps.

Everyone please update their Sprint "Profile" under settings->about phone which will help with faster speeds. Please watch this video and listen around the 1:00 mark.

Sent via LTE from my Evo LTE s-offed by an overweight panda.

Easier and faster than updating profile, Robert also mentions this on the wall, that switch network type to cdma/lte, lte only or switching from and back to cdma/lte/evdo will sometimes get you a lte connection.

I am working with an app called Sensorly on the market. This app is used by regular users like us to make the coverage maps. I emailed the app developer and asked when he would add Sprint's lte in there and be said very very soon and to go ahead and keep recording the data and when he adds lte it will automatically add our records to the map. I would hope everyone will help map our coverage because, let's face it, not one carrier has an accurate coverage map.

Check the app out. You'll probably see true coverage for your area.

Sorry for the sales pitch but we really need accurate maps.

Yeah but what you are proposing is not practical since ideally you want to have both voice and data capabilities. If you switch to LTE only, you only have data capability. I have read what Robert has posted before but if updating your profile can help fix some weak LTE problems then that should be used since you only need to update your profile when you have a new PRL.

Ok then just toggle airplane mode.

Updating your profile is only helping lte connections because it turns data off then when turning on it will search for lte first.

If want lte with calls and texts use the cdma/lte network option. If you just want to play with, test or just experiment then lte only is the best way to go.

Yeah but what you are proposing is not practical since ideally you want to have both voice and data capabilities. If you switch to LTE only, you only have data capability. I have read what Robert has posted before but if updating your profile can help fix some weak LTE problems then that should be used since you only need to update your profile when you have a new PRL.