Guess what time the switch will be thrown to LTE

How is your girth doing, Robert? About 3 girth units? AJ

I forgot about the Dr. Katz episode. It has been so long since I've watched that show. I watched that in college. None of my friends got why I thought that show was funny.

Robert

I saw someone elsewhere say they have a 4G signal on their LTE already today in downtown KC. Is there a possibility that's right? I work just west of downtown and am still on 3G, not that I expected to see anything until at least Friday

I forgot about the Dr. Katz episode. It has been so long since I've watched that show. I watched that in college. None of my friends got why I thought that show was funny.

Yep, in small town Kansas where I grew up, our cable system did not carry The Comedy Channel (as Comedy Central was called back then), but I had seen it while traveling. So, when I went away to college, that was one of my most watched channels.

The whole Dr. Katz episode is great, but I actually prefer the first part:

"Ahhhhh, paaaaancakes..."

AJ

• Like 1

I saw someone elsewhere say they have a 4G signal on their LTE already today in downtown KC. Is there a possibility that's right? I work just west of downtown and am still on 3G, not that I expected to see anything until at least Friday

It may very well be. Let us know if you find anything.

Robert

It may very well be. Let us know if you find anything.

Robert

I was all over southern downtown KC yesterday, no lte and record still blank, downloading update now but back home, will check sandhills tonight.

I was all over southern downtown KC yesterday, no lte and record still blank, downloading update now but back home, will check sandhills tonight.

I was able to pick it up for about 10 mins today. I work at 119th and Renner in Olathe. I had to cycle between cdma only then back to cdma/lte for it to pick it up. Can't wait for it to be on full time.

• Like 1

I was able to pick it up for about 10 mins today. I work at 119th and Renner in Olathe. I had to cycle between cdma only then back to cdma/lte for it to pick it up. Can't wait for it to be on full time.

Able to do any speed tests?

Hi Everyone! New to the forum...but have been lurking a while! ;)

I am in Lenexa, KS and have been getting 4G on and off today! Exciting stuff...I will post some screenshots as soon as I figure out how...

• Like 1

Yep. 7.71 Mbps down 3.42 Mbps up. 107 dbm. Will post screenshots when I get home.

Great speeds for a weak signal.

Robert

Hi Everyone! New to the forum...but have been lurking a while! ;)

I am in Lenexa, KS and have been getting 4G on and off today! Exciting stuff...I will post some screenshots as soon as I figure out how...

I work in west KCK, but live in Lenexa, will have to see if I can pick anything up when I get home in a couple hours!

Here you go....this is from inside my house, where I have been about 100 kbps (on a good day) on 3g.....

What kind of LTE signal is that in dBm's?

Robert

I typically sit at around -100 dBm

It says 3G in the notification bar on the screenshot....but I assure you I was on 4G....the coverage comes and goes that quick. haha....

post-2823-0-61406100-1342037677_thumb.jpg

Edited by LTEVOmeh
  • Like 1

For marketing reasons, Sprint's gonna wait till all towers are upgraded, then throw the switch in early 2014.

¿Que?

Here is the last one....I promise....notice the ZERO bars next to the 4G in the status bar....haha.....

If we all can get 5Mbps with "zero" bars, we all would be smitten with the Sprint LTE network.

Robert

I tried, really tried to find the elusive 4G, but so far as I can tell not a blip of LTE yet.

These are all the towers I hit, wasn't running speed tests, that would have taken forever! But I was watching the status and never saw any LTE.

2012-07-11_16-48-29-1.jpg2012-07-11_16-48-39-1.jpg

I tried, really tried to find the elusive 4G, but so far as I can tell not a blip of LTE yet.

These are all the towers I hit, wasn't running speed tests, that would have taken forever! But I was watching the status and never saw any LTE.

Did you confirm you are in CDMA/LTE mode? My EVO LTE defaulted back to CDMA mode after the OTA this morning.

Robert

Did you confirm you are in CDMA/LTE mode? My EVO LTE defaulted back to CDMA mode after the OTA this morning.

Robert

I did, even toggled back and forth as someone suggested when I was near towers that were confirmed LTE earlier before they were blocked. Just CDMA received.

• Like 1

I did, even toggled back and forth as someone suggested when I was near towers that were confirmed LTE earlier before they were blocked. Just CDMA received.

Were you getting eHRPD for 3G?

Robert