Discussion on what constitutes a beltway, loop, or otherwise

pii100

What do you expect with so many maps. :P

Oh, it is not the geography. Robert knows that I am a geography guy (and he is one of the few people I have ever known who could school me in geography). It is the constant bickering in these threads that is comical, like a Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy elderly couple sparring at Luby's.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Oh, it is not the geography. Robert knows that I am a geography guy (and he is one of the few people I have ever known who could school me in geography). It is the constant bickering in these threads that is comical, like a Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy elderly couple sparring at Luby's.

AJ

School you? I think not. But I like to think I may be able to keep up!

Robert

AJ

I know just pulling your leg.

TS

School you? I think not. But I like to think I may be able to keep up!

I have this recurring dream. You and I are both contestants on Jeopardy!, and the categories are: AIRPORT CODES, FRIED CHICKEN, STATE GOVERNMENT, CONSTRUCTION, NEW MEXICO, and FAMOUS ROBERTS. I am doomed.

AJ

• Like 2

I have this recurring dream. You and I are both contestants on Jeopardy!, and the categories are: AIRPORT CODES, FRIED CHICKEN, STATE GOVERNMENT, CONSTRUCTION, NEW MEXICO, and FAMOUS ROBERTS. I am doomed.

AJ

Is it celebrity jeopardy. What about Bon Ape Tit?

AJ

ROFLMAO!!!! :rofl:

Although, now I'm going to have to get fried chicken for lunch. Man, I'm hungry...

Robert

Is it celebrity jeopardy.

If Robert and I constitute celebrities, then S4GRU really has become like a Star Trek convention.

AJ

• Like 2

What about Bon Ape Tit?

No, not on the board. But that reminds me, I need to ask Robert if I can open up a thread selling The Pen Is Mightier. I am sitting on a goldmine.

AJ

Speaking of airport codes, I keep one for smokers :P As you can tell I love lists.

That's a pretty comprehensive list. I'm impressed, and slightly scared.

Robert

That's a pretty comprehensive list. I'm impressed, and slightly scared.

Robert

I'm scared of what other kinds of lists he has... "Number of posts off topic" "Number of obscure movie references" "number of angry moments" are the three that concern me the most, also "usage of three periods to denote trailing off..."

• Like 2

Ah, airport codes. People look at me weird when I tell them I'll be in DFW next Wednesday. What?!? That airport's IATA code atually maps to the airport name and the general area name. Versus, say, MCO. Or IAH for that matter.

Ah, airport codes. People look at me weird when I tell them I'll be in DFW next Wednesday. What?!? That airport's IATA code atually maps to the airport name and the general area name. Versus, say, MCO. Or IAH for that matter.

At least you didn't say the airport code for Fukuoka, Kyushu, Japan out loud!

Robert

INTERESTING AIRPORT CODE FACTS: MCO is named for McCoy Air Force Base. Which is what Orlando International Airport used to be. My Dad was stationed there in 1962. Orlando Executive Airport holds the ORL airport code, but it does not serve commercial traffic anymore.

The Airport code for Fresno Yosemite International Airport is FAT. It was originally issued to Fresno Air Terminal. However, the City has been trying to change it to FYI, and the FAA keeps turning down the request. :lol:

• Like 1

At least you didn't say the airport code for Fukuoka, Kyushu, Japan out loud!

Robert

INTERESTING AIRPORT CODE FACTS: MCO is named for McCoy Air Force Base. Which is what Orlando International Airport used to be. My Dad was stationed there in 1962. Orlando Executive Airport holds the ORL airport code, but it does not serve commercial traffic anymore.

The Airport code for Fresno Yosemite International Airport is FAT. It was originally issued to Fresno Air Terminal. However, the City has been trying to change it to FYI, and the FAA keeps turning down the request. :lol:

I knew about Fresno being originally named Fresno Air Terminal. They still use that name in some areas of Fresno. :lol: