LG Viper Battery Life Issues

MacinJosh

That sounds like me saying "Tequila is actually pretty great. I'm not sure why I always thought that I didn't like it."

;)

AJ

Yeah, but how and who you wake up with from it are why...

• Like 1

Here is a wild idea: maybe you are using your handset too much.

AJ

2012-07-05%2015.34.06.jpg

The last 2 hours on the battery I turned off the data while I was in a meeting with a prospective client and the battery only dropped 3 percent during the whole meeting.

So your phone was in use for about 70% of the time it was unplugged and used about a 1/3 of it's battery? Doesn't sound so bad to me. I gotta stand with AJ on this one. Put that thing in your pocket and look around for awhile. Your battery and your neck will thank you.

When I put that thing in my pocket it heats up so bad that if I don't pull it out, it jumps to 116 degrees. :( And overall, I don't use it that much in a day. I use my 3Gs most of the day.

When I put that thing in my pocket it heats up so bad that if I don't pull it out' date=' it jumps to 116 degrees. :( And overall, I don't use it that much in a day. I use my 3Gs most of the day.[/quote']

Have you tried shutting off things like GPS or Bluetooth to see if that makes a difference.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

When I put that thing in my pocket it heats up so bad that if I don't pull it out' date=' it jumps to 116 degrees. :( And overall, I don't use it that much in a day. I use my 3Gs most of the day.[/quote']

Ive noticed it heats up when its searching for a data signal...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

Have you tried shutting off things like GPS or Bluetooth to see if that makes a difference.

Bluetooth is always off because I only use once in a blue moon due to a bad headset.

Here is round 2 today.

Hardly any use on the phone.

2012-07-05%2021.03.56.jpg

Bluetooth is always off because I only use once in a blue moon due to a bad headset.

Here is round 2 today.

Hardly any use on the phone.

2012-07-05%2021.03.56.jpg

Well, that looks like

A. The phone is constantly searching for better signal

B. There is an app keeping the phone from going to "sleep"

C. All of the above

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What could possibly be keeping my phone awake other than my signal?

Apps or widgets that access the internet or GPS or are written by a jerk who wants people to get bad battery life.

I had a weather channel widget that was killing my battery life

Apps or widgets that access the internet or GPS or are written by a jerk who wants people to get bad battery life.

I had a weather channel widget that was killing my battery life

The only widget I use beside the Android Power Control is Guage Battery Widget Pro for the digital battery numbers.

The only widget I use beside the Android Power Control is Guage Battery Widget Pro for the digital battery numbers.

Any apps that update periodically?

Go into the settings then applications then running. That will tell you the apps that start on startup

There are apps that can stop these apps from starting up when the phone powers on. Autorun manager is one.

Is your Viper rooted?

No, it's not. Never got around to it, and without any custom ROM's, and not a fully functional ClockWork Mod recovery, I just don't feel the need yet.

No, it's not. Never got around to it, and without any custom ROM's, and not a fully functional ClockWork Mod recovery, I just don't feel the need yet.

Yeah, I found that there is no working CWM. I was going to have you reset the battery stats in CWM.

Yeah' date=' I found that there is no working CWM. I was going to have you reset the battery stats in CWM.[/quote']

Unless it's just my area lately.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner