Hi Everyone,

I called Sprint to try to report slow data speeds in the town I work in, only because the sprint.com/network site did not have any scheduled data upgrades. The rep told me that [supposedly] a tower about 8 miles from my location is undergoing data upgrades which is putting the data load on the tower that is one mile from my location.

What I am wondering is, what is the likelihood of this being true? The two closest towers from my location are between 5-10 miles away. The one south of me is undergoing data upgrades. Can anyone tell me if what the rep said has any truth to it?

I work in Zip Code 93930 (King City, CA), that tower is located off Lonoak Road, near 1st Street. The two towers away from me are located in Greenfield (to the North) and San Lucas (to the south), with the one in San Lucas undergoing the data speed upgrade.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I trust the community here more than I do the Sprint Reps.

Hi Everyone,

I called Sprint to try to report slow data speeds in the town I work in, only because the sprint.com/network site did not have any scheduled data upgrades. The rep told me that [supposedly] a tower about 8 miles from my location is undergoing data upgrades which is putting the data load on the tower that is one mile from my location.

What I am wondering is, what is the likelihood of this being true? The two closest towers from my location are between 5-10 miles away. The one south of me is undergoing data upgrades. Can anyone tell me if what the rep said has any truth to it?

I work in Zip Code 93930 (King City, CA), that tower is located off Lonoak Road, near 1st Street. The two towers away from me are located in Greenfield (to the North) and San Lucas (to the south), with the one in San Lucas undergoing the data speed upgrade.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I trust the community here more than I do the Sprint Reps.

If one tower is down others will "Pick up the load". The cell phones previously connected to that base station will have to either connect to another base station or roam so more load is put on other base stations around the one that went down. Once the base station is back up things should go back to normal. If you're still having issues with slow data I think there's a more direct number you can call, it was posted in another thread I'll have to dig it up for you when I get home.

Flip a coin. Without knowing exactly how Sprint applies the band aid changes there's no way to know for sure but, it is entirely possible the tower is taken offline for the upgrade. If it gets better in a day or two then they were probably right. :)

So I got the follow up call this morning. Data speeds are still meh. Not much of an improvement but what can I do. The rep said he would escalate the issue (like they always claim). I guess I will call ticket support or advanced tech support next week.