Any news on when the NV/4G might start in Ventura County? (Just over the hill from NV in LA area thats outlined on one of the 4guru maps). I'm specifically looking for info on Simi Valley which the sprint website says "next 6 months" for many tower improvements. I would assume it would be part of the build out spreading outward from LA metro.

Now in the "old days" of WiMax, clearwire actually got permitted on most cell sites in Simi from City Council but they ran out of money within the next few months so I never got to see 4G.

I figured this would fit in LA metro since its a neighboring county and didn't warrant its own thread.

The information you see on the network.sprint.com site isn't related to the NV rollout.

As for the timeframe, I don't think we have any information on that yet. I'm sure once the schedules are finalized for the 3rd and 4th rounds, Robert will post them.

• Like 1

Ventura County is in the North LA market. It will not begin deployment until some time in 2013.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I can't wait for lte to go live =( I'm getting ehrpd now speeds seem to be going up and down a lot lately. This morning i got .90 on the down speed which is really high for me on 3g.. Robert what would your best guess be for la metro going live? or even just testing?

I went to Pasadena and break and was told I had to order online and pick up at store... but everytime I go online they are sold out

Better idea, get an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy S3. Samsung seems to be able to keep up with demands and not make a device with tons of defects.

I can't wait for lte to go live =( I'm getting ehrpd now speeds seem to be going up and down a lot lately. This morning i got .90 on the down speed which is really high for me on 3g.. Robert what would your best guess be for la metro going live? or even just testing?

On the markets list says launch date october for LA market..hope that

Better idea, get an Android phone like the Samsung Galaxy S3. Samsung seems to be able to keep up with demands and not make a device with tons of defects.

I had a Samsung galaxy indulge LTE and it was the worst phone I have ever had. 2 hour battery life, crashed 3 times a day, overheated, etc. That's why I went with htc.

I had a Samsung galaxy indulge LTE and it was the worst phone I have ever had. 2 hour battery life, crashed 3 times a day, overheated, etc. That's why I went with htc.

The issue wasn't Samsung. It was having an early LTE device. You should try the POS HTC Thunderbolt, and you will see what I mean. Newer LTE devices, especially with 28nm processors, are night and day better.

Robert