Test Date: Apr 26, 2013 7:09:47 pm

Connection Type: Lte

Server: Los Angeles, CA

Download: 16.45 Mbps

Upload: 5.90 Mbps

Ping: 61 ms

Outside my office on Fairfax and Wilshire. Much faster than it was prior to LA going officially live.

Test Date: Apr 26, 2013 7:09:47 pm

Connection Type: Lte

Server: Los Angeles, CA

Download: 16.45 Mbps

Upload: 5.90 Mbps

Ping: 61 ms

Outside my office on Fairfax and Wilshire. Much faster than it was prior to LA going officially live.

What speeds were you getting before

The 3G in the areas I frequent have been ridiculously slow as of late (sub - 100 kbps) when I used to get at least ~600 kbps. Would that indicate tower work is being done?

Wow. 101 sites for this week's update.

Were they mostly in West LA? I noticed some outages around my area this past weekend.

• Like 1

i wish that they would futher their work around Dodgers stadium. It is just death in there for sprint. VZW and ATT seem to be fine, it's t-mo and Sprint that just can't hold a signal. I get an OK when in 4G but i can barely hold it. My tickets are by the visiting bullpen, so there's room for improvement.

Were they mostly in West LA? I noticed some outages around my area this past weekend.

It was around the entire market...all over.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I called in and they confirmed NV work being done. Sprint normally has strongest signal at my house, but it went to no signal at all recently.

Posted from my G-Note II.

• Like 1

Unless the May 2nd Carbon nightly greatly improved my radio LTE speeds were much improved in Downtown LA all along the 110 freeway and PCH. I watched several innings of baseball on the MLB At Bat app with only one hiccup when my bus was going by USC.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to the Dodger game last night against the Angels. Got signal for 3G and 4G, but data wouldn't work. I would guess that the network's congested.

My friend's AT&T 4G LTE phone worked though.

I went to the Dodger game last night against the Angels. Got signal for 3G and 4G, but data wouldn't work. I would guess that the network's congested.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Dodger Stadium went through a process where they put WiFi in every part of the ballpark.

My friend's AT&T 4G LTE phone worked though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Dodger Stadium went through a process where they put WiFi in every part of the ballpark.

-BookerTDub

That's even worse then.  There was no WiFi to be had during that game. I just wanted 3G to check my e-mail and my Hangouts but alas that didn't happen.

I'll be at Angel Stadium tonight where my phone has picked up LTE throughout the stadium (except club suites).

Let's see how well it performs when there's at least 20000 people at the stadium. 

-BookerTDub

That's even worse then. There was no WiFi to be had during that game. I just wanted 3G to check my e-mail and my Hangouts but alas that didn't happen.

I'll be at Angel Stadium tonight where my phone has picked up LTE throughout the stadium (except club suites).

Let's see how well it performs when there's at least 20000 people at the stadium.

Let me clarify, I've been to over a half dozen Angels games, and my phone had consistently picked up LTE before, during, and after games at the Big A.

When I am on Sunset Blvd. In Echo Park, between Echo Park Avenue and Portia, there is no Sprint service at all and my phone goes to roam. I think that's odd for a major street.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Let me clarify, I've been to over a half dozen Angels games, and my phone had consistently picked up LTE before, during, and after games at the Big A.

He was speaking for DODGER Stadium, which will not have a finished working Wifi network until june/july. 

The BIG A has a tower close by and one a few miles away in SA. 

There is a tower up at the top of the hill behind the outfield, you can see it as you exit the stadium.  It has been upgraded, just not sure on the backhaul and when 4G will broadcast.  Hopefully sooner rather then later.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dodger stadium is atrocious. Once i was in the stadium, i had full bars, but calls were unavailable, messaging was unavailable and data was a "Good luck Charlie Brown" deal.  4G was more usable then 3g, but with it coming in at -120dB or so, it was almost unusable 85% of the time. 

I'm glad i don't have season tickets or i would be activating my old EVO 4G just for the wimax.

Towers in Glendale, CA on Hawthorne and Wilson just went live with 4G!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I think it went live on Thursday, I had an amazing signal at my office in Glendale, but then Friday I was back to what it was before. I think they may have been testing but if that's the case then I will be stoked when they go full live.