I stopped by Dodger stadium today because my boss wanted to look at the construction progress and I noticed the new tower in the outfield. Looked at my phone and had a perfect 3g signal. No LTE yet, but I'm assuming it will happen in due time.

I obviously don't know if its a sprint tower or not, but I had so much better service in the stadium, I also don't see anything listed on the sponsor map. I forgot to run a speed test too.

post-6029-0-22115800-1363125992_thumb.jpg

I stopped by Dodger stadium today because my boss wanted to look at the construction progress and I noticed the new tower in the outfield. Looked at my phone and had a perfect 3g signal. No LTE yet, but I'm assuming it will happen in due time. I obviously don't know if its a sprint tower or not, but I had so much better service in the stadium, I also don't see anything listed on the sponsor map. I forgot to run a speed test too.

Nice pic.

If the camera shot is an indicator of where your boss's seats are located, I would guess they are on Club Level in shallow left field.

I was last at Chavez Latrine in December and mapped out LTE signal from the Sunset entrance almost to the stadium store in center field.

Nice pic.

If the camera shot is an indicator of where your boss's seats are located, I would guess they are on Club Level in shallow left field.

I was last at Chavez Latrine in December and mapped out LTE signal from the Sunset entrance almost to the stadium store in center field.

His seats are Loge box, between 3rd and home. We went up to where the front offices are to take a look. Once I noticed that tower I glanced at my signal and took a pic.

I stopped by Dodger stadium today because my boss wanted to look at the construction progress and I noticed the new tower in the outfield. Looked at my phone and had a perfect 3g signal. No LTE yet, but I'm assuming it will happen in due time.

I obviously don't know if its a sprint tower or not, but I had so much better service in the stadium, I also don't see anything listed on the sponsor map. I forgot to run a speed test too.

Sprint has a tower disguised as a tree overlooking the stadium on a hill which can be seen when looking up over the right field side. So this one being built is for someone else. Looks like AT&T to me but I can't tell for sure.

Sprint has a tower disguised as a tree overlooking the stadium on a hill which can be seen when looking up over the right field side. So this one being built is for someone else. Looks like AT&T to me but I can't tell for sure.

I'm guessing the sprint tower is this guy that I circled in red. I know they were talking about putting in a bunch of radio towers inside the stadium (at least AT&T ones) so I wonder if they are doing that for all the major carriers. Would be nice to have a decent signal inside that stadium.

post-6029-0-07394200-1363209793_thumb.jpg

Yep. That one circled in red is Sprint. It provides a great signal inside stadium. Not sure why you are wanting anything more but Sprint will not be putting anything inside the stadium with an existing tower so close. I go to Dodger games all the time and never had any signal issues.

Yep. That one circled in red is Sprint. It provides a great signal inside stadium. Not sure why you are wanting anything more but Sprint will not be putting anything inside the stadium with an existing tower so close. I go to Dodger games all the time and never had any signal issues.

My friends and I always have data issues at Dodger Stadium. Making and receiving calls was no problem. But we rarely succeeded surfing the net or open an sports app or using anything data related. We had Blackberries, EVOs, Epic 4G Touch.... Chavez Latrine was on big black hole.

I hope the upgraded towers around the stadium can handle the load.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

My friends and I always have data issues at Dodger Stadium. Making and receiving calls was no problem. But we rarely succeeded surfing the net or open an sports app or using anything data related. We had Blackberries, EVOs, Epic 4G Touch.... Chavez Latrine was on big black hole.

I've had the same issues as this. Phone calls usually work, but there is pretty much no data. Text messages don't send or receive either. Its usually fine before the game but when most people show up in the 2nd or 3rd its pretty much completely gone.

I always show a great signal when these issues happen. it just doesn't work because the massive amount of people.

• Like 1

I've had the same issues as this. Phone calls usually work, but there is pretty much no data. Text messages don't send or receive either. Its usually fine before the game but when most people show up in the 2nd or 3rd its pretty much completely gone.

I always show a great signal when these issues happen. it just doesn't work because the massive amount of people.

Robert - Will NV benefit us who try to send text messages at sporting venues like Dodger Stadium and the LA Coliseum? I usually get very good to great signal at both venues but it's always a challenge to send text messages when either is close to seating capacity.

Robert - Will NV benefit us who try to send text messages at sporting venues like Dodger Stadium and the LA Coliseum? I usually get very good to great signal at both venues but it's always a challenge to send text messages when either is close to seating capacity.

Maybe, but not necessarily. If you use Google Voice to send SMS over data, you will likely notice a significant improvement for the next year or so, but even that may diminish over time as more users adopt LTE handsets.

Honestly, wireless users may have to lower their expectations. When tens of thousands of people congregate in a small area, that puts a lot of pressure on many types of infrastructure. You expect traffic jams and parking challenges. Expect wireless network congestion, too.

AJ

Maybe, but not necessarily. If you use Google Voice to send SMS over data, you will likely notice a significant improvement for the next year or so, but even that may diminish over time as more users adopt LTE handsets.

Honestly, wireless users may have to lower their expectations. When tens of thousands of people congregate in a small area, that puts a lot of pressure on many types of infrastructure. You expect traffic jams and parking challenges. Expect wireless network congestion, too.

AJ

I recall reading that WiFi hotspots were going to be placed throughout Dodger Stadium during this offseason. And it was going to be free to all fans. That should ease the load of networks if a good percentage of fans link to the stadium's WiFi.

All they need to do is add a backhaul upgrade to the existing tower overlooking the stadium for more capacity which I'm sure is going to happen in the near future if it hasn't already. For the text messaging failures they would need to add a new voice carrier which Sprint has been doing a lot of lately in high capacity areas. They added new voice carriers near Staples Center, UCLA, USC and the Long Beach Convention center during the past 12 months.

I just noticed on my way home from work that I was getting my first LTE signal. I ride the metro gold line from Pasadena to cypress park and the signal was strongest on W Avenue 26 and N Figueroa st. Then I noticed a cell tower so I'm guessing that's where it was coming from ????

As of yesterday, I began receiving LTE in my house! :lol: I usually have wi-fi running but I don't turn it on until I need the phone so I thought it was odd when I saw the "4G" icon.

The speeds aren't too crazy, 3542 kbps down 2642 kbps down, but leaps and bounds better than the +/- 300kbps I was used to getting, and best of all, consistent.

I'm located in Lawndale, near Manhattan Beach Blvd, between Hawthorne and Inglewood. I checked out the completed sites map, but it looks like it hasn't been updated since March 6th. I'll run sensorly when I leave work today and hopefully have a better idea where the signal is coming from.

As of yesterday, I began receiving LTE in my house! :lol: I usually have wi-fi running but I don't turn it on until I need the phone so I thought it was odd when I saw the "4G" icon.

The speeds aren't too crazy, 3542 kbps down 2642 down, but leaps and bounds better than the +/- 300kbps I was used to getting, and best of all, consistent.

I'm located in Lawndale, near Manhattan Beach Blvd, between Hawthorne and Inglewood. I checked out the completed sites map, but it looks like it hasn't been updated since March 6th. I'll run sensorly when I leave work today and hopefully have a better idea where the signal is coming from.

interesting I'm in Hawthorne myself near inglewood Ave on 135th St. Gunna keep my eye out for some LTE goodness in my neck of the woods. Will keep u guys posted.

Glendale, CA here. We have 4G near San Fernando Blvd and parts of Brand near the city center.

Its getting better every week though.

Also my office is in Tujunga. CA which is the last place I would expect 4G but it full on!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

interesting I'm in Hawthorne myself near inglewood Ave on 135th St. Gunna keep my eye out for some LTE goodness in my neck of the woods. Will keep u guys posted.

It looks like open signal says there's a tower at the exit of the 405 South on Inglewood, and that's where my signal is coming from. I remember there used to be a map here that would show all towers, but at the moment I don't remember what section it was in so I can't confirm.

• Like 1

Glendale, CA here. We have 4G near San Fernando Blvd and parts of Brand near the city cent

Its getting better every week though.

Also my office is in Tujunga. CA which is the last place I would expect 4G but it full on!

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

yeah there is one tower live on san fernando and broadway and other on san fernando and chevy chase...we are still missing 7 towera to go live in gkendale.

Any idea why I wouldnt get LTE now, in area's where ive previously got it? Why would they turn off LTE or decrease its coverage?

We haven't hit official launch yet, I don't think? So probably there are no guarantees on coverage or consistency as they set up and test the network. That's my guess anyway..

We haven't hit official launch yet, I don't think? So probably there are no guarantees on coverage or consistency as they set up and test the network. That's my guess anyway..

Thats what I was thinking. But that hasn't been the case in any other area ive been in. TIRED of waiting! Ahh!