Looks like they either turned on another tower or expanded the coverage in Glendale. As of around 11AM I started getting an LTE signal in my office (when the front half of my office has had it for about a month)

Speed test results:

4.65Mbps Down

0.27Mbps UP

46ms Ping

East Pasadena finally got LTE today. Foothill Blvd and Rosemead Blvd. Has been mapped on Sensorly. However, it hasn't shown up.

AVG: 6 Mbps Down, 2 Mbps Up.

Anyone knows how long before Sensorly.com refreshes?

Looks like they either turned on another tower or expanded the coverage in Glendale. As of around 11AM I started getting an LTE signal in my office (when the front half of my office has had it for about a month)

Speed test results:

4.65Mbps Down

0.27Mbps UP

46ms Ping

well gotta check tomorrow,maybe they turned on the site on San Fernando,on that cosmetic college.I wish this site is being under upgrade for more than 6 months.

East Pasadena finally got LTE today. Foothill Blvd and Rosemead Blvd. Has been mapped on Sensorly. However, it hasn't shown up.

AVG: 6 Mbps Down, 2 Mbps Up.

Anyone knows how long before Sensorly.com refreshes?

Odd, I don't see the location you mention on Sensorly yet. Usually it is updated withing a couple of hours, often within minutes. Are you sure your app reported the locations to the Sensorly server properly? Have you rooted your phone? That can sometimes cause an issue with the data reported.

Odd, I don't see the location you mention on Sensorly yet. Usually it is updated withing a couple of hours, often within minutes. Are you sure your app reported the locations to the Sensorly server properly? Have you rooted your phone? That can sometimes cause an issue with the data reported.

I'm not sure why it's not showing up. My phone is rooted, GPS was on, and Sensorly was collecting 4G Points throughout the entire day.

Anyway, looks like they were just testing it briefly yesterday. Because I got nothing today here in East Pasadena.

I'm not sure why it's not showing up. My phone is rooted, GPS was on, and Sensorly was collecting 4G Points throughout the entire day.

Anyway, looks like they were just testing it briefly yesterday. Because I got nothing today here in East Pasadena.

If you not running a stock ROM, it very well could be this. When I was using the AGAT Frankenstein ROM, the mappings would not show on the Sensorly webiste where I traveled in LTE areas. The Sensorly app would show the LTE signal being connected and mapped, but however the ROM was built this information would not be transferred to the Sensorly website.

So far, this is the only ROM which I have used that had a mapping issue with Sensorly.

As stated above, some ROMs report the data to Sensorly with the wrong network name. Which of course would prevent it from showing up on the Sensorly Sprint maps.

Mapped some LTE on my way to Rio Hondo in Whittier so a bit more of South El Monte and even some on campus at Rio Hondo.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Nice work. Also more lte up the 605 past the 60 freeway. I'm going to try to get some speed tests near the border tonight.

Edited by gameaddict8
  • Like 1

Nice work. Also more lte up the 605 past the 60 freeway. I'm going to try to get some speed tests near the border tonight.

I mapped a bunch more on my way back home. More LTE by the 605 and 60 in South El Monte :-D

• Like 1

I mapped a bunch more on my way back home. More LTE by the 605 and 60 in South El Monte :-D

This is with 0 bars. I'm going to try to get closer to the tower tonight.

LTE was the 3.94 download speed. If you couldn't figure it out. lol!

Edited by gameaddict8

I know this is the LA market thread, but just let y'all know the first blips 4G LTE have hit San Diego. I know there's a lot of people from LA that come to San Diego, so I thought I'd pass the info and leave it at that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I know this is the LA market thread, but just let y'all know the first blips 4G LTE have hit San Diego. I know there's a lot of people from LA that come to San Diego, so I thought I'd pass the info and leave it at that.

Thanks for the info :-D

Coverage is spreading daily. I see some activity even further out in the West Covina/Walnut area.

I saw activity on the 605 toward the 210. Very much needed improvements on the freeway! Signal drops often there.

Anyone knows how long before they turn back on LTE in an area where it once had it?

Last week in Pasadena (Rosemead/Foothill Blvd), there was LTE for the entire day. But it only lasted for that day and never seen it again since. Just wondering when it might come back.

Thanks!

While I'm happy that the LTE coverage is starting to spread slowly, but surely, I really wish that they'd concentrate on making sure the major areas are good to go and reliable, prior to moving on to other parts of the city. Lately, my 3G/4G coverage near work has been horrible. Sometimes, it's gotten to the point of my actually roaming on the street (wilshire/fairfax). There are also times, when coming out of the parking garage, it takes forever for the signal to pick up and when it does, it's in and out.

I'm patient enough with the service, considering all I've been through with Sprint, but I was hoping that they'd pick up some steam leading into the New Year with the new ownership's money.

I have 4G up and down Sunset in Echo Park. Except in the Walgreen's parking lot at Sunset and Echo Park Av, it goes to roaming only there.

Edited by Catman51

While I'm happy that the LTE coverage is starting to spread slowly, but surely, I really wish that they'd concentrate on making sure the major areas are good to go and reliable, prior to moving on to other parts of the city. Lately, my 3G/4G coverage near work has been horrible. Sometimes, it's gotten to the point of my actually roaming on the street (wilshire/fairfax). There are also times, when coming out of the parking garage, it takes forever for the signal to pick up and when it does, it's in and out.

I'm patient enough with the service, considering all I've been through with Sprint, but I was hoping that they'd pick up some steam leading into the New Year with the new ownership's money.

They work on each site when its ready. To do what you suggest they would have to wait until they were all ready in an area which would cause the deployment to take even longer. I appreciate they let us use each site the moment it is ready.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

They work on each site when its ready. To do what you suggest they would have to wait until they were all ready in an area which would cause the deployment to take even longer. I appreciate they let us use each site the moment it is ready.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Just a little frustrating that LA, being one of the major markets in the country, just seems not to be given as high a priority as elsewhere in the country. I'm definitely patient enough to wait until Network vision is completely finished, but I'd love to at least experience a consistent 3G signal (which I was able before) and cell signal. Thankfully, my home signal hasn't dropped off, since that was the #1 reason I had stayed with Sprint for the past 12-13 yers.