LTE is also off where I am at in the SFV. I noticed speeds were absolutely awful too, right before it went out. At first, I didn't get LE signal in my apartment, but right before it went out I has a decent signal in my room! I wonder I'd they bumped up the rand kf the signal. Oh well, it's off now. Hopefully it comes back soon.

I noticed that at my apartment in Hollywood it has been weird too. When I first moved in a had an amazing LTE signal throughout the whole apartment. Then none at all, but I could still pick it up a block away. And the past few days I could get it in the living room and bathroom but not the bedroom or kitchen. Hopefully they are still doing some testing and put it back up to what it was when I first moved in.

Also I was at Sunset and Highland and was trying to locate the tower at 1519 N McCadden Place and couldnt find it. When I walked next to that address I completely lost my LTE signal which I found strange.

Still off for me. I decided to just leave LTE turned off on my iPhone. I'm just going to wait until it actually launches. Coverage is too spotty where I am, and leaving it on just kills battery. Any insight to if Sprint turned LTE on, on only SOME of the towers near me for testing? Hoping there's more coverage once it actually launches!

Still off for me. I decided to just leave LTE turned off on my iPhone. I'm just going to wait until it actually launches. Coverage is too spotty where I am, and leaving it on just kills battery. Any insight to if Sprint turned LTE on, on only SOME of the towers near me for testing? Hoping there's more coverage once it actually launches!

Leaving LTE on kills battery? First I've heard that.

And yes, only some of the towers are on/complete. It will take until sometime next year for all the towers to be upgraded, at which point coverage will nearly match that of current 3G coverage.

And yes, only some of the towers are on/complete. It will take until sometime next year for all the towers to be upgraded, at which point coverage will nearly match that of current 3G coverage.

Yes, leaving any radio on (whether it's Wifi, LTE, or Bluetooth) WILL kill battery life when its searching for a non-existent connection every so often.

And yes, I know only SOME towers are on/complete across LA. Just wondering if theres a possibility that other towers in my area ARE complete, but just weren't active for the past month during this testing phase.

yes lte radio kills battery big time

Yes, leaving any radio on (whether it's Wifi, LTE, or Bluetooth) WILL kill battery life when its searching for a non-existent connection every so often.

And yes, I know only SOME towers are on/complete across LA. Just wondering if theres a possibility that other towers in my area ARE complete, but just weren't active for the past month during this testing phase.

yes lte radio kills battery big time

Really? Maybe that's an iPhone problem, because with my GS3, and EVO LTE, I have not noticed ANY difference with battery life whether I have it in CDMA or CDMA/LTE mode.

Any tower that is complete should be active, with only a few exceptions.

• Like 2

If CONNECTED' date=' yes, there probably would be that much of a difference in battery life. But, if the LTE radio is on, and theres no LTE network present, yes, battery is being wasted.[/quote']

I've never noticed that, and i spend 90% of my time in non-LTE areas.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

• Like 1

If CONNECTED, yes, there probably would be that much of a difference in battery life. But, if the LTE radio is on, and theres no LTE network present, yes, battery is being wasted.

I can tell you that on my EVO LTE, GS3 and Note 2, there is no difference in battery life in LTE only mode or LTE/CDMA mode without an LTE signal. This point is echoed by dozens of posts around our forums. I cannot speak to the iPhone.

Battery life can be reduced in LTE mode if you are connected an LTE site and the LTE signal is weak, though. This is much harder on the battery than being out of range. Sprint Android LTE devices only do a scan on their own once every 30 minutes for LTE. That is very light on the battery. So light that it will make virtually no difference in a full day battery life.

I keep all my Sprint LTE devices in LTE mode. Even living in a non LTE market. And I have every Sprint LTE device except the iPhone and the new Optimus G.

Robert via Samsung Victory LTE on Tapatalk

• Like 1

If CONNECTED, yes, there probably would be that much of a difference in battery life. But, if the LTE radio is on, and theres no LTE network present, yes, battery is being wasted.

I now live in a non-LTE market, so no LTE connection ever, and I cannot find a difference in battery life between CDMA and CDMA/LTE modes. And when I lived in KC where there is LTE, I didn't see any difference going in and out of LTE with the battery then either (didn't have the GS3 at that point).

Basically, what Robert said. Lol.

It can be waisted if you are actually connected to lte and 2 it is dependent on how well you signal. Strength to the actual tower is. I also I'd like to point out that perhaps people see no difference because they always have lte on and don't test it for they're own conclusions. This is just my personal experiences and doesn't necessarily mean they are the same for others as well.

It can be waisted if you are actually connected to lte and 2 it is dependent on how well you signal. Strength to the actual tower is. I also I'd like to point out that perhaps people see no difference because they always have lte on and don't test it for they're own conclusions. This is just my personal experiences and doesn't necessarily mean they are the same for others as well.

No, I've tested it both ways. Weak signal areas are the biggest battery drain regardless of wireless technology, but i tested my phone both ways and can say that having LTE on doesn't affect my battery life.

No, I've tested it both ways. Weak signal areas are the biggest battery drain regardless of wireless technology, but i tested my phone both ways and can say that having LTE on doesn't affect my battery life.

hi, just curious how you like the viper 3g and lte connectivity , and the phone in a whole. thanks

hi, just curious how you like the viper 3g and lte connectivity , and the phone in a whole. thanks

There are issues with my phone, but when there wasn't, it all worked great. However, I should have waited for a more powerful phone instead of buying the low end. I'm going to try to get a Galaxy Victory, or a Galaxy S III, and if I could afford it, maybe an iPhone 5.

There are issues with my phone, but when there wasn't, it all worked great. However, I should have waited for a more powerful phone instead of buying the low end. I'm going to try to get a Galaxy Victory, or a Galaxy S III, and if I could afford it, maybe an iPhone 5.

iphone 5 is great. better than any android phone i had. but its lacking the 1 feature i need, svdo.

iphone 5 is great. better than any android phone i had. but its lacking the 1 feature i need, svdo.

I love SVDO a lot, and when I need it, it's a wonderful feature to have, but lately I only use it about 25% or less of the time. If you are going to need it a lot, then I would suggest the Galaxy S III or the Victory over the Viper.

Sensorly website shows LTE in San Gabriel Valley. LTE signal was tracked on Merced Avenue, immediately off the 60 freeway. Anyone on here do that fine job??

I'll be back in San Gabriel on Sunday and run sensorly hoping for an LTE signal.