LA did start in the beginning. But the LA market has over 1,000 sites. Sprint is not doing a thin LTE overlay over the whole city, but they are dismantling and replacing every piece of hardware in their entire network and creating multi modal base stations. An entirely new network from top to bottom, and adding LTE along the way. They are replacing all the equipment at every site and upgrading to new fiber and fiber backed backhaul.

Sprint is adding LTE to every one of their sites in the country. In LA, it means it is going to take awhile to complete totally. But LTE service will grow and grow every week. And 3G also improves one tower at a time too.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Well Verizon has the same EVDO Technology as sprint

Why is there LTE up and running for years and you can talk and serf the net too!! Sure there expensive as all hell but

That's what I'm talking about u cant make excuses sprint WiMAX failed totally now boost has it they could jump on LTE

Very early

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Verizon has the same EVDO Technology as sprint

Why is there LTE up and running for years and you can talk and serf the net too!! Sure there expensive as all hell but

That's what I'm talking about u cant make excuses sprint WiMAX failed totally now boost has it they could jump on LTE

Very early

Let's get one thing clear...I am not making excuses. I am explaining something to you, that you do not understand. And also, we are not Sprint.

Verizon did not rebuild their network from the ground up. Verizon does not have multi-modal base stations. Verizon installed just a 700MHz overlay of LTE. They did not even install it on every site. They are banking on the better distances of 700MHz to cheaply and thinly deploy LTE. And their speeds are plummeting as a result. In my area Verizon LTE speeds are 30% - 40% what they were when they first deployed. Sprint is deploying their network much denser and on every site. It will take more time to deploy Sprint's LTE than it did Verizon to do theirs. It is just the way it is. Sprint is deploying theirs on 3-4 times more sites and all at once.

Verizon also started their deployment two years ago. Sprint just recently switched to LTE technology, so no doubt they have a huge head start. You also have no idea how long it took for Verizon to do the install around LA because they turned it on all at once. In contrast, Sprint is allowing their customers to connect immediately to all the sites as they complete.

If Sprint doesn't meet your needs, then go to Verizon. We won't stop you or beg you. However, Sprint is actively deploying LTE in LA County, and the coverage grows every week. And the service works great in the areas it has been deployed. And now with SoftBank investment in Sprint, the future is even brighter. It will not be too long in the future when being on Verizon's LTE network will not be much of an advantage at all.

Robert

• Like 3

none the less we both are due for upgrades

True to that, I have no issue waiting though. I'm waiting to see if samsung will release phones with their new flexible LCDs on an S4... plus future proof LTE 800 i hope.

Let's get one thing clear...I am not making excuses. I am explaining something to you, that you do not understand. And also, we are not Sprint.

Verizon did not rebuild their network from the ground up. Verizon does not have multi-modal base stations. Verizon installed just a 700MHz overlay of LTE. They did not even install it on every site. They are banking on the better distances of 700MHz to cheaply and thinly deploy LTE. And their speeds are plummeting as a result. In my area Verizon LTE speeds are 30% - 40% what they were when they first deployed. Sprint is deploying their network much denser and on every site. It will take more time to deploy Sprint's LTE than it did Verizon to do theirs. It is just the way it is. Sprint is deploying theirs on 3-4 times more sites and all at once.

Verizon also started their deployment two years ago. Sprint just recently switched to LTE technology, so no doubt they have a huge head start. You also have no idea how long it took for Verizon to do the install around LA because they turned it on all at once. In contrast, Sprint is allowing their customers to connect immediately to all the sites as they complete.

If Sprint doesn't meet your needs, then go to Verizon. We won't stop you or beg you. However, Sprint is actively deploying LTE in LA County, and the coverage grows every week. And the service works great in the areas it has been deployed. And now with SoftBank investment in Sprint, the future is even brighter. It will not be too long in the future when being on Verizon's LTE network will not be much of an advantage at all.

Robert

I am a sprint costumer for 10 years I do have knowledge

On technology and networks I like sprint because of there affordability but the moves they have been making for the past 6 years have been horrible they had the change to get fios BEFORE Verizon and they declined (you probably didn't know that ) they where also presented with LTE first 4 years ago and they also declined that banking on WiMAX I'm patient with sprint but my patience is growing weary they just have to step there game up

I am a sprint costumer for 10 years I do have knowledge

On technology and networks I like sprint because of there affordability but the moves they have been making for the past 6 years have been horrible they had the change to get fios BEFORE Verizon and they declined (you probably didn't know that ) they where also presented with LTE first 4 years ago and they also declined that banking on WiMAX I'm patient with sprint but my patience is growing weary they just have to step there game up

They have stepped up their game. THEY ARE ACTIVELY DEPLOYING LTE IN YOUR AREA. They had to deploy fast mobile broadband starting in 2008 because of the build out requirements on EBS/BRS spectrum. They had no choice but to use WiMax back then. LTE was not ready to start being deployed until the 2nd Half of 2010, just before build out requirements were about to expire. WiMax was the only technology on the market at the time they could use. Also, WiMax was specifically designed for high frequency spectrum like EBS/BRS.

Please do not complain any further. Your posts are just complaints. We do not host Sprint complaints. If you do not want to discuss Network Vision/LTE deployment, and just want to complain about it, you may want to go to another forum besides S4GRU.

Robert

• Like 4

They have stepped up their game. THEY ARE ACTIVELY DEPLOYING LTE IN YOUR AREA. They had to deploy fast mobile broadband starting in 2008 because of the build out requirements on EBS/BRS spectrum. They had no choice but to use WiMax back then. LTE was not ready to start being deployed until the 2nd Half of 2010, just before build out requirements were about to expire. WiMax was the only technology on the market at the time they could use. Also, WiMax was specifically designed for high frequency spectrum like EBS/BRS.

Please do not complain any further. Your posts are just complaints. We do not host Sprint complaints. If you do not want to discuss Network Vision/LTE deployment, and just want to complain about it, you may want to go to another forum besides S4GRU.

Robert

where is the thumbs up button lol.

Robert

I'm not complaining just stating facts

But to each there own I will continue being a sprint customer because in my eyes they are better in customer service

Then Verizon and AT&T I just want sprint to be 1 as a cell provider because they are very capable of doing so and not #3

I'm not complaining just stating facts

But to each there own I will continue being a sprint customer because in my eyes they are better in customer service

Then Verizon and AT&T I just want sprint to be 1 as a cell provider because they are very capable of doing so and not #3

Based on this post, I believe that you will be a happy Sprint customer in approximately a year or so. And it will incrementally get better every week until that point. It is not an easy process but it is a process underway.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I don't know what this might mean, but lately I've been seeing hints of LTE in and especially outside my house, which seems to have started maybe 4 days ago. Previously I had to walk about 3 blocks North. Today I noticed my connection go from 4G to 3G, and when I look now, it is EvDo-revA:8, whereas before, my 3G was always eHRPD.

Also, I was wondering, is it possible that the changing network could cause decresed battery life, with all the changing and shifting and searching? I have noticed decresed battery life starting a week ago. However, this also coincided with a software update for my Photon Q.

Sent from my XT897 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Someone mapped out the LTE signal at LAX today. Well done whoever it was. By the way, I would have said it was a thorough job, except you missed mapping out the southern side of Center Way.

P.S.~ I crack up every time I see the mapped signal on the western edges of the south runways. I envision someone driving a luggage transport vehicle and doing some crazy maneouvers on the airstrip.

I haven't received a LTE signal for about a week in the South Bay. I wonder if Sprint has finished testing or are they waiting on new installations to come online.

I have noticed slower lte speeds, even inconsistent speeds, from the mapped areas in Lomita and San Pedro the past few days. But the signal is still there.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

LTE has been inconsistent in the Downtown Civic Center area this week. My phone shows is has acquired the late signal but uploads and downloads sometimes are painfully slow. Slower than 3g at times.

[quote name=rayluis1988'

timestamp='1353010422' post='69363]LTE is being OFF like for 3 days here in Glendale.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2