Some weird stuff going on. Maybe they turned off some towers or something, but I just moved into a new apartment in Hollywood on Saturday and had a really good LTE signal in the whole apartment and then all of a sudden last night when I got home from work I couldnt get any LTE anywhere in my apartment.

Does anyone know if this has happened in other markets prior to official launch?

Some weird stuff going on. Maybe they turned off some towers or something' date=' but I just moved into a new apartment in Hollywood on Saturday and had a really good LTE signal in the whole apartment and then all of a sudden last night when I got home from work I couldnt get any LTE anywhere in my apartment.

Does anyone know if this has happened in other markets prior to official launch?[/quote']

Definitely. Signal will come and go during testing. And Sprint may even block LTE connections until launch.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

I'm a little surprised that more of the USC and UCLA campus has not been covered given how many students and staff work at each. Would walking (vs. driving) affect reporting on Sensorly?

I'm a little surprised that more of the USC and UCLA campus has not been covered given how many students and staff work at each. Would walking (vs. driving) affect reporting on Sensorly?

Walking wouldn't affect it, but people who walk, have less opportunity to charge their phone during class, so might be less inclined to run sensorly vs those who run them in the car while charging and at their desk during work. My theory anyway.

On the other hand, i totally agree that pedestrian areas should be covered sooner. Those that are driving, don't need as much data since they need to drive. Waze, Gmaps and SoundCloud seem to survive fine on 3G.

• Like 1

Some weird stuff going on. Maybe they turned off some towers or something, but I just moved into a new apartment in Hollywood on Saturday and had a really good LTE signal in the whole apartment and then all of a sudden last night when I got home from work I couldnt get any LTE anywhere in my apartment.

Does anyone know if this has happened in other markets prior to official launch?

same on freeway 134 toward 170 and then 170 north i couldnt get any LTE last night.they turned off those towers

There's a site near my local park, SITE ID LA60XC160. I'm not sure if its LTE ready yet but it appears to be NV ready or soon to be. I detect ehprd on it even, though I know that ehprd means nothing in terms to come soon. Here is a couple of shots I took of the tower in hopes anyone can observe the panels.

u8ude4as.jpg

More upload vequ7ajy.jpg

Speeds on it are amazing lately compared to before.

yjehyha3.jpg

There's a site near my local park, SITE ID LA60XC160. I'm not sure if its LTE ready yet but it appears to be NV ready or soon to be. I detect ehprd on it even, though I know that ehprd means nothing in terms to come soon. Here is a couple of shots I took of the tower in hopes anyone can observe the panels.

More upload

Speeds on it are amazing lately compared to before.

Man oh man, that's a lot of RRU's!!! That site has a lot of data carriers.

Robert

Man oh man, that's a lot of RRU's!!! That site has a lot of data carriers.

Robert

I'm going to assume that is a bad thing? :P I hope work on it starts soon for LTE as it would be nice to be able to go jogging at the park while streaming good music without lag or just sitting at the park to study with access to go tether option for study resource. although the 3G speeds are good enough for pandora while working out. Btw, if it helps, I notice the site belongs to tower CO.

I'm going to assume that is a bad thing? :P I hope work on it starts soon for LTE as it would be nice to be able to go jogging at the park while streaming good music without lag or just sitting at the park to study with access to go tether option for study resource. although the 3G speeds are good enough for pandora while working out. Btw, if it helps, I notice the site belongs to tower CO.

It is not a bad thing. The more RRU's, the more capacity the site has.

Robert

• Like 1

It is almost near the end of October and I highly doubt Sprint is going to declare LA Metro market launch ready since looking at the sponsor maps it appears that Alcatel Lucent has a long way to go especially the eastern suburbs of downtown LA that have yet to have a single tower of NV goodness. Until NV hits in every area including the edges of LA Metro, I don't think it would be wise for Sprint to launch LTE in LA.

I would be willing to wait until the end of December if that meant that by market launch we can see 30-35% of all towers NV complete. But given the current ramp of production and only 19% towers done. I need to see a sites completed update that has over 100 LA sites completed for me in that week to be convinced it has a chance of making it there. Chicago had theirs this week and I hope to see LA and NYC have theirs as well. Sprint really needs to get LA, NYC and Chicago rolling or else they will fall further behind Verizon and AT&T.

It is not a bad thing. The more RRU's, the more capacity the site has.

Robert

Thank you for that information Robert. Each day I feel as if I learn more and more from this site. i fInd service there amazing, yet it is still pending a data speed upgrade. So out of the picture, that site still has no LTE panels in place?

Thank you for that information Robert. Each day I feel as if I learn more and more from this site. i fInd service there amazing, yet it is still pending a data speed upgrade. So out of the picture, that site still has no LTE panels in place?

Yes it does. The long panel in the center of each sector (with all the RRU's attached behind it) is the Network Vision/LTE panel.

Robert

• Like 1

Yes it does. The long panel in the center of each sector (with all the RRU's attached behind it) is the Network Vision/LTE panel.

Robert

Thanks! Hopefully LTE goes live on it soon. I tried everything to get it to connect to LTE with no luck. I'll be sure to keep the area updated. I'm on a tower hunt lol

• Like 1

I think this is going on today all around LA..at work i have a direct view to one of tue sites that usually gives me almost 2mbps and today just gave me up to 500kbps and I did speettest all the day while i was at work.also my school is in North Hollywood with a great LTE signal.super strong and today all the way to here no even one LTE signal.I updated the PRL.did the airplane thing and nothing.I believe many sites have been turned off.

I think this is going on today all around LA..at work i have a direct view to one of tue sites that usually gives me almost 2mbps and today just gave me up to 500kbps and I did speettest all the day while i was at work.also my school is in North Hollywood with a great LTE signal.super strong and today all the way to here no even one LTE signal.I updated the PRL.did the airplane thing and nothing.I believe many sites have been turned off.

I've noticed a few places that once had LTE no longer do. I also noticed a couple more today so you are probably right. I was able to nag 38922kbps down over by Universal yesterday. Not too shabby.