I hadn't noticed that, although I just noticed that I no longer get LTE at my home - I used to get a pretty solid LTE signal there, but now I am only seeing 1xRTT and EvDO Rev A (not even eHRPD anymore)...wonder if they turned that tower off for some reason...

Interesting coincidence...I work/live in the north LA market and noticed ehrpd was off yesterday afternoon. It's back on this morning though.

Cant wait for this Network Vision thing to be over.Thus is like a roller coaster.sometimes up and suddenly a huge drop..since 6pm getting these speeds(1xRTT..not even eHPRD) almost cant do nothing and for more bad things..i dont have wifi right now...hirrible day

Remember that it was not too long ago the entire network stunk. Now there are more and more places getting better and better. Do not be frustrated.

If you lived in a place like San Antonio where deployment is crawling, then you can get frustrated. ;)

In LA, there is something new and exciting occurring every day. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Im getting a ping of 176ms, 0.32 DL, 0.45 UP today in my office in Glendale.

Im getting a ping of 176ms, 0.32 DL, 0.45 UP today in my office in Glendale.

I am getting different speeds all around the city I just got the craziest one,lol....at chevy chase ans san fernando...0.65 down and 1.56 up..isnt it crazy??lol

Remember that it was not too long ago the entire network stunk. Now there are more and more places getting better and better. Do not be frustrated.

If you lived in a place like San Antonio where deployment is crawling, then you can get frustrated. ;)

Yup Robert thats true,yesterday was not a good day,i dont know maybe they were doing something.one day is great and then the other cant even open yahoo mail.....Glendale is asking for LTE so bad.

I think honestly we are all just waiting on an official word from Sprint for a launch date. Right now, everything is in testing phases. Calabasas LTE may never get 'tested' before the official launch just like Glendale LTE may never get a taste before it goes official. There are certainly more areas than not that don't have LTE in the Los Angeles proper area. Anything better than 0.05Mbps download speeds are welcome news to me since I never saw anything higher than that at my house in Calabasas for 9 months straight until early this month!

I think honestly we are all just waiting on an official word from Sprint for a launch date. Right now, everything is in testing phases. Calabasas LTE may never get 'tested' before the official launch just like Glendale LTE may never get a taste before it goes official. There are certainly more areas than not that don't have LTE in the Los Angeles proper area. Anything better than 0.05Mbps download speeds are welcome news to me since I never saw anything higher than that at my house in Calabasas for 9 months straight until early this month!

Yup I'm starting to think that LTE won't reach me here in El Monte until the official launch :-

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yup I'm starting to think that LTE won't reach me here in El Monte until the official launch :-

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, whatever areas get it before the launch is special and great for them, but honestly we have no grounds to complain that 'we aren't getting any birthday presents right now even though our 'official' birthday is a ways off'.

Keyword: Testing: Take measures to check the quality, performance, or reliability of (something), esp. before putting it into widespread use or practice.

At some point in the near future, any tower that is complete should be activated, if they follow the trend in SF, Chicago, and Boston. So if you don't have LTE in the next few days, likely this means there are no towers completed in your area, and an official "launch" isn't going to change anything. In areas which have been soft launched such as LA, the trend has been for Sprint to release towers into the wild right away, with limited exceptions.

I've been using sensorly with my EVO 4G in the Glendale to/from WestL.A. area and will continue when I upgrade to an LTE phone. I sure would like to see more LTE before saying bye to WiMax.

u should wait a little bit more..because Glendale is still off..

I'll be getting a galaxy nexus lte this Monday that I couldn't resist for 185$ shipping included and clean ESN... I've heard that the signal isnr the greatest but surely better than the evos lte issue lol. I hopefully get to go exploring around downey, paramount, south gate, and so on. :)

I'll be getting a galaxy nexus lte this Monday that I couldn't resist for 185 shipping included and clean ESN... I've heard that the signal isnr the greatest but surely better than the evos lte issue lol. I hopefully get to go exploring around downey' date=' paramount, south gate, and so on. :)[/quote']

Signal is fine in LTE. Its the 1x/EVDO signal that is weak in the GNex. Also, the 3G data will not complete handshake to connect to data occasionally. Other than these things, the GNex is a wonderful device.