Well hope our cities go live this week..tomorrow will be so nice

I am really afraid of a Sprint LA LTE launch by end of October. It seems like Sprint hasn't made enough progress especially out in the LA suburbs to say its market deployable. I think a December launch would be better so that Sprint can get at least 25% of its sites up. Right now at 16% sites completed to me is just unacceptable since the land area is just too large in LA. Had Sprint actually spread out the 16% sites all over the LA Metro market, I would say it might be ok but I still would tread cautiously if I were Sprint.

If anything is launched, it'll probably be at the end of the month. Not sure about the 16th thing. They've been following a schedule of announcing cities in the last week of each month, don't see any reason for them to change that right now.

As for LA, I could see them do a 'soft launch' with some sort of announcement. In truth, I think the soft launch has happened already with the towers being unblocked.

Robert one question for you...this site LA03XC143 has been done for a while(everything tied up,RRUs and panels installed) there is one more site also close to me and its ready too and tomorrow its gonna be a week that Sprint began to unblock sites in Los Angeles and these sites continue blocked.Glendale ,i mean the main part of the city is OFF.there are some sporadics north in La CAnada and Montrose and Northwest toward Burbank.Why they keep them blocked??and actually on the Sprint release note of the 100 markets,it says Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale. Los Angeles is pretty much covered already, but Long Beach and Glendale nothing yet...What its your guess??

Drove by site LA60XC339 a short while ago since it showed the tower has LTE on the most recent map update. As of 11pm PST Sensorly app did not pick up an LTE signal when I fired up the app at the the corner of Lomita Blvd and Western Ave. I even toggled from Airplane Mode. I did, however, map out some more Southeast Torrance driving West on Sepulveda Blvd. Since flashing the JB leak LIF modem the phone instantly picked up LTE. No need to toggle which was great.

Looking towards reading the WSJ article on SoftBank acquiring 70% of Sprint stock.

Robert one question for you...this site LA03XC143 has been done for a while(everything tied up' date='RRUs and panels installed) there is one more site also close to me and its ready too and tomorrow its gonna be a week that Sprint began to unblock sites in Los Angeles and these sites continue blocked.Glendale ,i mean the main part of the city is OFF.there are some sporadics north in La CAnada and Montrose and Northwest toward Burbank.Why they keep them blocked??and actually on the Sprint release note of the 100 markets,it says Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale. Los Angeles is pretty much covered already, but Long Beach and Glendale nothing yet...What its your guess??[/quote']

Drove by site LA60XC339 a short while ago since it showed the tower has LTE on the most recent map update. As of 11pm PST Sensorly app did not pick up an LTE signal when I fired up the app at the the corner of Lomita Blvd and Western Ave. I even toggled from Airplane Mode. I did' date=' however, map out some more Southeast Torrance driving West on Sepulveda Blvd. Since flashing the JB leak LIF modem the phone instantly picked up LTE. No need to toggle which was great.

Looking towards reading the WSJ article on SoftBank acquiring 70% of Sprint stock.[/quote']

Why are they still blocking some completed LTE sites? I don't know. If I had my way they would not block any. However, this has happened in almost every market to date. Not all sites get unblocked all over the market all at once. Remember, LA is not even soft launched. There is no guaranteed service before launch.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Looks like first spotting of Lte in Hawthorne borde r going towards Lennox. I didn't get it but it's on sensorly. Hopfult that means it's going up around Hawthorne. I hope other places in L.A. also go up this week.

good news..its getting closer

LTE is definitely popping up all over LA!

Traveled down from Northridge yesterday. Got LTE in Hollywood, (GREAT coverage at Universal Studios), Culver City, LA of course, on the 405S near Crenshaw/Slauson, and in Downtown. But yes, its so spotty right now. Ive just decided to turn off LTE on my phone to save battery, until its actually launched and hopefully coverage is better. Just like Wimax, its great when you have it, and sucks when you dont!

Unrelated to LA, but I was in Orange County today and got 1.72mb down on Ehrpd. I wonder does that mean Orange County is getting started early? I am still not getting Ehrpd in Torrance where there is a 4G tower complete.

Hollywood / Highland mall is LTE hot. Seemed like the entire mall from what I could tell. I am using an iphone so I couldn't map.

Top number is my home network and bottom is LTE at the H&H mall.

Can't wait until it hits more of LA!

post-4931-0-55824000-1350365246_thumb.png

• Like 2

Unrelated to LA, but I was in Orange County today and got 1.72mb down on Ehrpd. I wonder does that mean Orange County is getting started early? I am still not getting Ehrpd in Torrance where there is a 4G tower complete.

Which tower are you referring to?

Which tower are you referring to?

There is a 4G tower off of Sepulveda Blvd off of Crenshaw. I haven't received an LTE signal yet. It looks like a couple of other towers in Torrance have been updated with 3G though. No added coverage indoors yet.

I have been by that tower twice in the past two evenings. I even mapped the area over Sepulveda Blvd. from the Target by the Del Amo Mall to Western Avenue. On Crenshaw I picked up the signal at Wilson Park and it died several blocks past Sepulveda.

If you are using an Android phone toggle it in Airplane Mode when you are near the tower location.

There is a 4G tower off of Sepulveda Blvd off of Crenshaw. I haven't received an LTE signal yet. It looks like a couple of other towers in Torrance have been updated with 3G though. No added coverage indoors yet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III (aka SEXY BEAST) running JB leaked Blazer ROM using Tapatalk 2.