The Airave™ connects directly to your broadband Internet connection; not a Sprint wireless data service. If you are connecting to your Airave™ via your phone, you will get, supposedly, better 3G coverage and speeds. This does not affect your 4G WiMax or LTE reception as it is a completely different service & technology.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk2 on the Sprint Network. <><

• Like 1

Do you guys know if you can connect to lte while being on airave?

LTE from the Airave or macro cellular network? Regardless, if you have a broadband Internet connection at home, then LTE should be irrelevant in that context.

AJ

I mapped a little more of Culver City. Service cuts off abruptly right before Jefferson. However, just before the cutoff I got 28 down. Didn't see any more LTE all the way to the Howard Hughes Center, where I work. Hoping those towers light up in the next day or two, because I'm working all weekend and could use the LTE here much more than at my apartment. In fact, the only time I would need LTE in my apartment would be when my home internet is down.

I guess I should rephraise. Will the airave conflict with any lte signals as in will it not allow my phone to switch to lte while near my airave.

No, it should not. That said, if you have a successfully connected Airave, then you should have no need for LTE in that setting. Please offload.

AJ

• Like 1

The Airave™ connects directly to your broadband Internet connection; not a Sprint wireless data service. If you are connecting to your Airave™ via your phone, you will get, supposedly, better 3G coverage and speeds. This does not affect your 4G WiMax or LTE reception as it is a completely different service & technology.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk2 on the Sprint Network. <><

why did you use trademark symbols?

So, I had three to four bars of LTE until about 2 blocks from my house. First time LTE has shown up in my neighborhood was today. Then it dropped to 3G.

Is there any hope that the tower strength will get "turned up" anytime soon, or am I really two blocks away from LTE for the time being?

I mapped a little more of Culver City. Service cuts off abruptly right before Jefferson. However, just before the cutoff I got 28 down. Didn't see any more LTE all the way to the Howard Hughes Center, where I work. Hoping those towers light up in the next day or two, because I'm working all weekend and could use the LTE here much more than at my apartment. In fact, the only time I would need LTE in my apartment would be when my home internet is down.

Thanks for the quick response and mapping of the culver city area. I too noticed the abrupt cutoff right before I got to Jefferson. Still no LTE here in mid-city LA....and no LTE that I know of in Santa Monica which is where I work. I'm glad to see LTE in some parts of the westside and even LAX looks like. Hopefully we continue to see this amazingly rapid spread of LTE throughout LA.

So' date=' I had three to four bars of LTE until about 2 blocks from my house. First time LTE has shown up in my neighborhood was today. Then it dropped to 3G.

Is there any hope that the tower strength will get "turned up" anytime soon, or am I really two blocks away from LTE for the time being?[/quote']

No, it's not a strength issue that will be resolved by turning up the signal. In many places in an urban area, sites cover small areas for maximum capacity. The panels have steep downtilt and the signal is only designed to go a little ways. Like a half mile or so. Even less in some cases.

It will take more sites in your area before you have more geographic coverage. The deployment is still ongoing and nowhere near stopping.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1