If gas wasnt so expensive I would drive around looking for LTE haha

Robert let me borrow the S4GRU gas card. :P

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III (aka SEXY BEAST) running Jelly Bean leaked Blazer ROM using Tapatalk 2

This is very disappointing news. I am averaging -105dBm in my house right now.

You will likely not get LTE inside your home then. What is your signal like outside? Although, none of us really need LTE inside our home, because of WiFi. But it would be nice to have once we step outside.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Robert let me borrow the S4GRU gas card. :P

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III (aka SEXY BEAST) running Jelly Bean leaked Blazer ROM using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, no doubt. Our gas is currently $3.59 a gallon, and that is very expensive to me. I wouldn't want to pay CA prices at this time. Yowzers!

Yeah, no doubt. Our gas is currently $3.59 a gallon, and that is very expensive to me. I wouldn't want to pay CA prices at this time. Yowzers!

Cheapest gas by my area is $4.49 a gallon

Heading out to woodland hills in a few cant wait to try LTE around LA

Screenshot_2012-10-11-17-14-00.png

Guys i just drove 134 and then Olive ave/Barham Blvd right behind Universal Studios and sensorly got that spot and then on Cahuenga Blvd another spot and then on 101 south toward downtown since Vermont all the way continued freeway 110 towards 5 And the last spot i got on freeway 5.speeds were between 10 and 20 down.

So dissapointing all nearby areas are getting LTE valley(Burbank) Universal City.Downtown,Monterey Park and now Pasadena(Altadena) and GLENDALE is the off spot right now and right in the middle. :(

same for me in Hawthorne Torrance and Gardena Sorta sucks

You will likely not get LTE inside your home then. What is your signal like outside? Although, none of us really need LTE inside our home, because of WiFi. But it would be nice to have once we step outside.

We shouldn't need it at home but I do need it at work, which undoubtedly has thicker walls than my home. Of course, LTE hasn't even been switched on for West LA yet, but once it is, I hope that the penetration is good enough for me to keep a signal at work. Doesn't help that I have the EVO as well with its radio problems.

I don't know the dBm level, but I usually get about 3 bars outside. At least the closest tower is now NV upgraded.

We shouldn't need it at home but I do need it at work' date=' which undoubtedly has thicker walls than my home. Of course, LTE hasn't even been switched on for West LA yet, but once it is, I hope that the penetration is good enough for me to keep a signal at work. Doesn't help that I have the EVO as well with its radio problems.[/quote']

If your 1x connection is typically -95dBm or better, then you will likely have LTE in your workplace when the nearest site to you has been converted and goes live. This is far better than WiMax, which was limited to -82dBm in most devices.

• Like 2

I don't know the dBm level' date=' but I usually get about 3 bars outside. At least the closest tower is now NV upgraded.[/quote']

You can go to Settings > About > Status and look at signal strength. In places where the signal is better than -95dBm, you will likely get LTE when the build out is complete.

So dissapointing all nearby areas are getting LTE valley(Burbank) Universal City.Downtown,Monterey Park and now Pasadena(Altadena) and GLENDALE is the off spot right now and right in the middle. :(

I know :( hopefully it slowly reaches me in El Monte

Came to best buy on Washington and overland near Culver City....picked up my phone and I had LTE!!! Ran four speed tests and was getting between 15 and 20 Mbps up and 8-9 down. Super happy! Unfortunately sensorly doesn't let me map it on iOS so if any android users are near this area please map! Looks like the west side is finally being lit up. :)

• Like 1

Came to best buy on Washington and overland near Culver City....picked up my phone and I had LTE!!! Ran four speed tests and was getting between 15 and 20 Mbps up and 8-9 down. Super happy! Unfortunately sensorly doesn't let me map it on iOS so if any android users are near this area please map! Looks like the west side is finally being lit up. :)

That's about 2 miles from where I live! I'll see if I can swing by there and map it on Sensorly before going to work tonight.

• Like 2

You can go to Settings > About > Status and look at signal strength. In places where the signal is better than -95dBm, you will likely get LTE when the build out is complete.

Oh I know - I just never bothered to look when I'm outside ;P

• Like 1

That's about 2 miles from where I live! I'll see if I can swing by there and map it on Sensorly before going to work tonight.

Okay, a few minutes after posting this, I checked my phone in my apartment, and there it was: LTE! I was getting about -100 indoors, so I took it outside and did a quick Sensorly map and some more speed tests. I was getting about -80 outside, and got these speeds:

0Z9pe.png

Realistically inside my apartment I was getting between high 6 and low 13.

And the blob of purple on this map, that's from my little walk around the block while mapping: http://sensorly.com/...0sprint#q=90034

I'll map on my drive to work tonight and see how far the coverage goes.

• Like 1