As of 530pm PSTthere was no LTE signal in the Downtown Civic Center and Financial District areas. Also didn't pick up any LTE driving down the 110 freeway South towards San Pedro.

It feels like it's only a matter of days before this thread explodes with LTE confirmations.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III (aka SEXY BEAST) running Jelly Bean leaked ROM using Tapatalk 2

Upload speeds have gotten better since yesterday. I was getting 5-6Mb down, getting 8-10 today! I cant wait until it goes live, im hoping theres towers that havent been turned on yet, so when they do, LTE wont be as spotty!

No LTE signal yet near West LA, Mid-city LA, and Santa Monica. Glad to see some action up north...hopefully the rest of LA gets some love in the coming weeks. One question for you guys who are in the Reseda LTE zones....is it still live as of 8:50 pm?

No LTE signal yet near West LA, Mid-city LA, and Santa Monica. Glad to see some action up north...hopefully the rest of LA gets some love in the coming weeks. One question for you guys who are in the Reseda LTE zones....is it still live as of 8:50 pm?

Im in Northridge, and LTE has been LIVE consistently since yesterday. My iPhone 5 is connected to LTE as we speak. Just hit 26mbps down too.

• Like 1

Put it on sensorly...there is nothing on the map yet for Northridge

I seriously have no idea how to map it on Sensorly. Ive run speedtest, it doesnt show on the map. Nor do I see an option to map trip like on the Android version, I am on an iPhone 5.

just download Sensorly from the apple store and then run MAP TRIP everywhere u get 4G LTE that way LA map will look more complete..There are some parts with 4G LTE already,that are not in the map,because people dont know how to do it.

I'm noticing some choppiness to the 3G service here in Santa Monica....before this week, it had been consistently strong in the area where I work at. I usually get from .90 to 1.3 Mbps up and around .90 up. This week however it's been up and down.....perhaps some early testing in the area? Hope so. Unfortunately sensorly does not have the option to map it on iOS 6. So Android users please keep us up to date!! :)

I'm noticing some choppiness to the 3G service here in Santa Monica....before this week, it had been consistently strong in the area where I work at. I usually get from .90 to 1.3 Mbps up and around .90 up. This week however it's been up and down.....perhaps some early testing in the area? Hope so. Unfortunately sensorly does not have the option to map it on iOS 6. So Android users please keep us up to date!! :)

It was like that here in Glendale 2 days ago.

**** i was there earlier today and didn't get any lte. they must have turned it on afterwards

In most cases you must first turn airplane mode on and then off... or do a PRL update before you'll get any 4G LTE on your device... It's rare that your device will actually do a handover automatically.

How do you do a PRL update? I'm in Westwood and haven't gotten even a tickle.

NeilQ using Tapatalk

Most of the time, a PRL update is not necessary You just need to have the radio turn off and on so that your phone scans for LTE. The simplest way to do that is to turn airplane mode on and off. The only time you would need a PRL update is if you are running anything other than the default PRL, which I doubt is the case.

Screenshot_2012-10-11-09-50-59.png

4G LTE in San Fernando by Mott st....super fast and spotty.I passed by Pacoima but the phone didnt find anything and also more LTE in Burbank all the way freeway 5 from Glendale-Burbank border line until Burbank Empire Center.

I'm looking at Sensorly maps of LA area and there's hardly any LTE there given the launch. Compare your map with that of SF Bay Area, and you'd think SF has more LTE than LA.

There is LTE in Reseda,Woodland Hills,Canoga PArk,Burbank,San Fernando and also some people have reported in Pacoima and Northridge...but those last two are not in the map.But La is being turned on very fast.

There is LTE in Reseda,Woodland Hills,Canoga PArk,Burbank,San Fernando and also some people have reported in Pacoima and Northridge...but those last two are not in the map.But La is being turned on very fast.

I guess my question is why isn't Sensorly not showing any this LTE?

So,a question. Once LTE is officially launched do people still have to toggle airplane mode a few times to connect or does it connect like the old WiMax (automatically when nearby) ?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk2 on the Sprint Network. <><