Just a little frustrating that LA, being one of the major markets in the country, just seems not to be given as high a priority as elsewhere in the country. I'm definitely patient enough to wait until Network vision is completely finished, but I'd love to at least experience a consistent 3G signal (which I was able before) and cell signal. Thankfully, my home signal hasn't dropped off, since that was the #1 reason I had stayed with Sprint for the past 12-13 yers.

I honestly think LA has been given a pretty high priority. Week by week it is one of the top markets by sites completed.

• Like 1

Just a little frustrating that LA' date=' being one of the major markets in the country, just seems not to be given as high a priority as elsewhere in the country. I'm definitely patient enough to wait until Network vision is completely finished, but I'd love to at least experience a consistent 3G signal (which I was able before) and cell signal. Thankfully, my home signal hasn't dropped off, since that was the #1 reason I had stayed with Sprint for the past 12-13 yers.[/quote']

The biggest problem in major cities is permitting issues. You have to fight building commissions and public comment during planning meetings. Then if anything on the plans are done wrong, then you have to resubmit paperwork until it gets approved. It can take up to 3 months or more to get a permit issued.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I honestly think LA has been given a pretty high priority. Week by week it is one of the top markets by sites completed.

I guess the translation to the actual streets isn't quite as noticeable, since LA is so big compared to other cities...but like I said, I'm willing to reserve judgement until they're 100% complete, which may be a year down the line or more. It's fine with me, since I'm locked into my service until 2014, but I'd ideally love to see more consistency.

The biggest problem in major cities is permitting issues. You have to fight building commissions and public comment during planning meetings. Then if anything on the plans are done wrong, then you have to resubmit paperwork until it gets approved. It can take up to 3 months or more to get a permit issued.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

I can see how permitting issues is a factor, especially in L.A. I'm still optimistic that I'll be able to look back at these threads and laugh that I had any concern at all. Ultimately, there are two (2) areas that are most important to me (Home and Work). That's where I spend majority of my time and as long as those areas stay fairly strong, I'll be happy (especially at home, since it's one of the few areas in L.A. that Sprint is the strongest of all the carriers).

Anybody in the Venice area notice any improvement in signal (cell, 3G or 4G)? I have relatives that live off Lincoln in the Venice area and service has always been sporadic for me, when I'm around there.

Anybody in the Venice area notice any improvement in signal (cell, 3G or 4G)? I have relatives that live off Lincoln in the Venice area and service has always been sporadic for me, when I'm around there.

I live close to the tower near the IHOP on Lincoln, and I noticed a great improvement on 3G service since that tower was upgraded. I always get over 1K down even during peak times, and close to 2.5K at night. I can't comment on LTE since I have an Epic 4G Touch.
  • Like 1

3G is improving there it seems.

Epic 4G Touch? My wife has that one. Is there an issue with the virtual lit haptic keys going out and pressing themselves? Ugh. 2 phones and several hard resets later...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk2 on the Sprint Network. <><

3G is improving there it seems.

Epic 4G Touch? My wife has that one. Is there an issue with the virtual lit haptic keys going out and pressing themselves? Ugh. 2 phones and several hard resets later...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk2 on the Sprint Network. <><

I haven't had that problem. My biggest issue is one that is pretty universal for most E4GT owners - weak GPS signal/not getting a GPS lock.

I'm just curious as to why the three towers within a mile from my job are giving me no signal at the front but i get a short signal in the back. i can grab the lakewood one for almost 1.5 miles. are the antenna's directional?

I mapped out more LTE signal in San Pedro and Rancho Palos Verdes today.

I must day that I'm digging the 4.1.2 Sprint leaked ROM. The phone seems to transfer much faster from 3g to 4g, and hold onto the 4g signal longer.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I was in Pasadena today and noted that data was on 1x and had difficulty placing calls. Hopefully, that means they are in the process of updating most of the towers that haven't been completed.

Awesome, looks like 4G LTE is back in EAST Pasadena (Rosemead and Foothill). Averaging 10 Mbps Down and 6 Mbps Up.

Finally! Now here's to hoping it sticks!

• Like 1

20121016_105140_zps1651fd8e.jpg

20130208_152720_zpsea5103f6.jpg

Hey Robert yesterday on my way to work I noticed that Alcatel was working once again on site LA70XC132 and i ve been wondering why this site is taking soooo long and also why the placed the Network Vision panels down the legacy if they are supposed to remove the legacy ones later and as higher the panels better..right??but here is the thing.. yesterday I came back like in the afternoin the guys left already but i noticed such an interesting thing the changed the legacy panels and they places new ones white they look brand new different shape and the old ones had logos on and those new ones dont and they faced them little bit different thatn the old ones..like facing the big Glendale population....the first pic are the old ones and the second the new ones...Are they for 800mhz or what??

Hey Robert yesterday on my way to work I noticed that Alcatel was working once again on site LA70XC132 and i ve been wondering why this site is taking soooo long and also why the placed the Network Vision panels down the legacy if they are supposed to remove the legacy ones later and as higher the panels better..right??but here is the thing.. yesterday I came back like in the afternoin the guys left already but i noticed such an interesting thing the changed the legacy panels and they places new ones white they look brand new different shape and the old ones had logos on and those new ones dont and they faced them little bit different thatn the old ones..like facing the big Glendale population....the first pic are the old ones and the second the new ones...Are they for 800mhz or what??

Sprint NV panels do everything, no need for additional panels for 800mhz. Those new panels, could you get a closer shot of them? They look a bit like the new T-Mobile LTE panels.

Sprint NV panels do everything, no need for additional panels for 800mhz. Those new panels, could you get a closer shot of them? They look a bit like the new T-Mobile LTE panels.

let me check i think i got another shot from the side,,,but the think is they are in the place that legacy panels(the old sprint ones) were..so i dont know if thats possible that another company take that place..iu dont know,lol..let me check if i have the other pics

let me check i think i got another shot from the side,,,but the think is they are in the place that legacy panels(the old sprint ones) were..so i dont know if thats possible that another company take that place..iu dont know,lol..let me check if i have the other pics

The panels that you say are legacy Sprint don't look like Sprint to me. Is it possible that the legacy panels were removed completely when the NV panels went up?

no the other ones wete just rem9ved yesterday .i noticed

What I mean is, it's possible those panels were never actually Sprint. That the Sprint legacy panels were removed at the same time that the NV panels went up.

Those certainly appear to be T-Mobile panels, which leads me to believe that Sprint was never at that level.

T-Mobile LTE Panels:

fCENz.jpg

What I mean is, it's possible those panels were never actually Sprint. That the Sprint legacy panels were removed at the same time that the NV panels went up.

Those certainly appear to be T-Mobile panels, which leads me to believe that Sprint was never at that level.

T-Mobile LTE Panels:

fCENz.jpg

ohh yeah those are..exactly...they look like that from the side

Those are definitely Tmo Ericsson AIR LTE panels up top. And definitely AlcaLu below. It's possible that the removal of Sprint legacy gave the site owner the opportunity to lease out the space to another carrier. A la T-mobile.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

At E 5th and Rice Ave in Oxnard, CA last week..

Hope this helps someone. What exactly is going on here?

To my eyes, that does not look like a Sprint site. The panels are too large. Plus, I checked our North LA market site map, and the Sprint site appears to be a stealth flagpole a block north of the intersection.

AJ