2012-12-27_09-26-21_zps9434b84a.png

My wife just sent me this from her cubicle in Torrance. She works near Prairie and Del Amo. By the Del Amo Bridge. Man am I jealous!

I'm on the other side of Torrance, Near Alpine Village and I'm lucky to get 3G above 80kbps...

• Like 1

So weird because I was getting decent 4g signal, picking up 4mbs, at my work (Fairfax/Wilshire). The past month has been a completely different story. 3G signal has a tough time connecting. It's the strangest thing. I'll walk closer to going inside my building and signal picks up faster. I move around the corner of the building and...nothing, not even 3G.

I've been following this forum for a while trying to keep up with the 4g rollout for Sprint and educating myself. I finally decided to join because I've been doing random speed tests all over L.A. when I've picked up LTE on my iPhone 5. I've gotten really strong coverage on the 101 going through Hollywood. I did a speed test around the Barham exit and got something like 20-25 down and I'll have to reference the test to see what the upload was. I've also been picking up some coverage around the Sherman Oaks area. I took this speed test about 2 weeks ago and looking at the map, I was somewhere btwn Tarzana and Woodland Hills when I got 25.26 down and 7.6 up. Apparently I hit my upload quota w/ my first upload so I'll have to provide screenshots later.

I've been following this forum for a while trying to keep up with the 4g rollout for Sprint and educating myself. I finally decided to join because I've been doing random speed tests all over L.A. when I've picked up LTE on my iPhone 5. I've gotten really strong coverage on the 101 going through Hollywood. I did a speed test around the Barham exit and got something like 20-25 down and I'll have to reference the test to see what the upload was. I've also been picking up some coverage around the Sherman Oaks area. I took this speed test about 2 weeks ago and looking at the map, I was somewhere btwn Tarzana and Woodland Hills when I got 25.26 down and 7.6 up. Apparently I hit my upload quota w/ my first upload so I'll have to provide screenshots later.

Welcome aboard. Was in northridge yesterday. nothing strong enough to stay connected

o...k. . Could you tell me where I AM allowed to post this sensitive material and ask it? :td:

Become a Premier Sponsor, and you can check the status yourself.

Now, if this is a question about Sprint LTE at your home, why should it matter? You should be offloading to your broadband connection at home.

Both simple as that...

AJ

• Like 1

Become a Premier Sponsor, and you can check the status yourself.

Now, if this is a question about Sprint LTE at your home, why should it matter? You should be offloading to your broadband connection at home.

Both simple as that...

AJ

First, I am a Sponsor and I am not a multi-millionaire so I can't do more than that right now. I used to be able to post questions without getting them removed constantly.

Second, my broadband at home is through the only service provider in my area, Time Warner, and the speeds don't go over 4-6mbps on a good day because of the wiring in my complex. Also I take walks regularly and like to be able to use my phone on my walks.

So, no its not as 'simple as that' for everyone.

Tell me where I can post my question so it won't be removed.

First, I am a Sponsor and I am not a multi-millionaire so I can't do more than that right now.

The info that you seek is Premier level. That is very clear. When the site in question goes live, then it will be announced at the Sponsor level. Begging for Premier level info in the open forums will not be tolerated.

Second, my broadband at home is through the only service provider in my area, Time Warner, and the speeds don't go over 4-6mbps on a good day because of the wiring in my complex.

So, you need greater than 4 Mbps on your handset??? Just what do you plan on doing with greater than 4 Mbps? Violating Sprint's Ts and Cs?

Ben, you want a solution, but you sound like part of the problem.

AJ

• Like 1

good news for u but i ve been getting LTE all around the west side of glendale

Well its weird, my office is right inbetween that site and the sears site. I can get LTE in the front half of my building but not the back half, im hoping that this site is the one that covers the other half of my office. (I dont have LTE as of today in my office but still get it in the front half of my building)

Well its weird, my office is right inbetween that site and the sears site. I can get LTE in the front half of my building but not the back half, im hoping that this site is the one that covers the other half of my office. (I dont have LTE as of today in my office but still get it in the front half of my building)

The sears site is not updated yet Its still running the legacy equipment I work in portos right there and speeds vary a lot by moments go more than 1mbps and suddenly drop less than 0.10kbps.That site in the picture is going to give much better coverage on the west part of the city.All LTE in Glendale is from the site in san fernando and chevy chase.

The sears site is not updated yet Its still running the legacy equipment I work in portos right there and speeds vary a lot by moments go more than 1mbps and suddenly drop less than 0.10kbps.That site in the picture is going to give much better coverage on the west part of the city.All LTE in Glendale is from the site in san fernando and chevy chase.

I didnt realize that the sears site wasnt up yet. I could have sworn I saw it on the map as complete. But glad to know I am getting LTE signal in part of my building from a site thats over a mile away. The new site you took a pic of is .5 miles from my office so it should take care of my whole building!

The data speeds have been significantly slowed the past few days across LA and Ventura Co. (possibly from the wind?) It's hard to even connect to Facebook or Instagram with the 3G speeds that have been given out. Hoping for something more manageable.

Random question. I don't understand the conversations against those who don't offload from fast 4G to their slow home WiFi as soon as they get home. What if you don't have a wireless router or you can't connect to it via all your devices at once or what if your home internet is slower than the speeds that you're paying Sprint for? Can someone politely enlighten me? We pay exorbitant fees for both, so aren't we allowed to use them according to our needs for fastest productivity? :realitycheck: -Signed Someone who abides by T and Cs of Sprint (ie. doesnt torrent bits etc). :thx:

The data speeds have been significantly slowed the past few days across LA and Ventura Co. (possibly from the wind?) It's hard to even connect to Facebook or Instagram with the 3G speeds that have been given out. Hoping for something more manageable.

Random question. I don't understand the conversations against those who don't offload from fast 4G to their slow home WiFi as soon as they get home. What if you don't have a wireless router or you can't connect to it via all your devices at once or what if your home internet is slower than the speeds that you're paying Sprint for? Can someone politely enlighten me? We pay exorbitant fees for both, so aren't we allowed to use them according to our needs for fastest productivity? :realitycheck: -Signed Someone who abides by T and Cs of Sprint (ie. doesnt torrent bits etc). :thx:

This isn't really the thread for this... but the point of it is network resources. If you leave your phone on the network all the time, that is one more person using up the resources 24/7. If everyone does this, it will pull the network down faster. And it's only when it's feasible. If you don't have WiFi, or your home internet speeds really are too slow for what you need (if you get at least 3Mbps, there's no reason not to use WiFi) then you've got a reason to leave your phone on the network. If your home internet is 15Mbps, but you can get 25Mbps on Sprint, then most would still expect you to use your home internet, because it is more than fast enough for anything you need to do on your phone.

I believe this has been debated to it's end plenty elsewhere on this forum, so if you really need to continue discussing it, we should probably move this elsewhere.

• Like 1