post-3414-0-49361000-1348030084_thumb.png

Los Angeles, CA

(Metro Area Reports & Data)

San Fernando Valley speeds are varying daily. One day they might top out at about 1mbps download, the next they can be all but dead with anywhere from no 3G at all to about 0.05mbps.

post-3414-0-94806800-1348029078_thumb.png

Santa Monica, CA speeds are on average 0.10 - 0.30mbps download speeds.

...upload speeds in your areas!

Please upload your results for Los Angeles via speedtest, etc & any opinions and findings throughout LA. I created this Los Angeles topic because the time for LA's 4G LTE is drawing near! This forum is for talk about Los Angeles, it's rollout, current speeds, and 4G LTE testing and rollout news when it happens! Also, please post any tweaks or suggestions on signal improvement on 4G LTE capable devices and...

don't forget to use

SENSORLY..

:cool:

Merci Beaucoup! Enjoy!

As u can see the speeds go up and down.I am in Glendale close to downtown.Outside home the speeds are better and there is a tower like one mile that close to it the speed jump to almost 2mbps.

Do these speeds remain consistent or are they variable (one day this way; the next totally different)?

• Like 1

Calabasas, CA (near north Woodland Hills, CA)

2012-09-19_01-57-07-1.jpg

Is this normal during NV 'upgrades'?! Is my area even still being upgraded?

---------ADDENDUM-------

2012-09-19_02-24-04_zps4a82c788.png

I just got the best speed test I have ever received in Calabasas at my house! Just a few minutes ago (previous post above) I got the worst ever. Fingers crossed.. Maybe some work is being done?? :fingers:

Not really sure why this thread was created when we already have a thread dedicated to the LA market.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1413-los-angeles-county-nvlte/

• Like 3

post-3414-0-49361000-1348030084_thumb.png

=Los Angeles, CA

=(Metro Area Reports & Data)

Please upload your results for Los Angeles via speedtest, etc & any opinions and findings throughout LA. This forum is for talk about Los Angeles, it's rollout, current speeds, and 4G LTE testing and rollout news when it happens! Also, please post any tweaks or suggestions on signal improvement on 4G LTE capable devices and...

don't forget to use

SENSORLY..

:cool:

Locations

San Fernando Valley speeds are varying daily. One day they might top out at about 1mbps download, the next they can be all but dead with anywhere from no 3G at all to about 0.05mbps.

post-3414-0-94806800-1348029078_thumb.png

Santa Monica, CA speeds are on average 0.10 - 0.30mbps download speeds.

Rice Ave in Oxnard is ringing in at:

post-3414-0-44527100-1348035444_thumb.jpg

235ms - 0.16Mbps Down & 0.65Mbps Up

Calabasas, CA (near north Woodland Hills, CA)

2012-09-19_01-57-07-1.jpg

Is this normal during NV 'upgrades'?! Is my area even still being upgraded?

And then right after, I got this:

2012-09-19_02-24-04_zps4a82c788.png

I just got the best speed test I have ever received in Calabasas at my house! Just a few minutes ago (previous post above) I got the worst ever. Fingers crossed.. Maybe some work is being done?? :fingers:

...please upload speeds in your areas!

Rice Ave in Oxnard is ringing in at:

post-3414-0-44527100-1348035444_thumb.jpg

235ms - 0.16Mbps Down & 0.65Mbps Up

Unfortunately since Oxnard is in the north LA market, we don't know yet when it will be started.

For comparison though, here's a speed test from the other day in Ventura on the way to work. I did notice they enabled eHRPD as of a week or so ago. Sort of off topic though, until north LA is underway.

Screenshot_2012-09-19-11-16-04.png

I'm getting ehrpd in a new location now but it still drops to EvDo while I'm commuting so I'm thinking that it must not be prevalent enough yet throughout Los Angeles to hold.

On the other side, I've been able to successfully stream music while at work for the first time in a long time despite slow speeds. I was also talking to some other people who have sprint who mentioned how bad the network has been in the last 3 or so months with more dropped calls and dead spots. Sprint would be wise to educate its users that it is upgrading the network or else I can see some leaving b/c of the upgrade pains.

• Like 1