Plus, Josh hates vegetables. So, he feeds his phone lots of hormone laden meat, and that causes his phone to mature faster.

AJ

I love vegetables. Hormone laden meats just taste terrible. That's why I'm a vegetarian, lol.

• Like 2

I love vegetables. Hormone laden meats just taste terrible. That's why I'm a vegetarian, lol.

Indeed. Welcome to irony, Josh.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Sorry, something is wrong. I can't even imagine why I just didn't post this: :lol:

No apology necessary. My sense of humor tends to make reference to lots of obscure things. I know that you are a vegetarian (and respect that). It is just funny to think of your phone having menopause and you feeding a phone meat.

AJ

No apology necessary. My sense of humor tends to make reference to lots of obscure things. I know that you are a vegetarian (and respect that). It is just funny to think of your phone having menopause and you feeding a phone meat.

AJ

You do crack some really funny jokes.

Yea, Sepulveda pass ty. I haven't had issues with calls, only a two drops that I cam remember out of tons since I am there a lot, but 3G seems to have gotten slightly better. Not enough for anything more than a quick 1 post mention though, more like a tiny difference that os getting me exited with anticipation over the impending LTE switch flip! :)

Yea, Sepulveda pass ty. I haven't had issues with calls, only a two drops that I cam remember out of tons since I am there a lot, but 3G seems to have gotten slightly better. Not enough for anything more than a quick 1 post mention though, more like a tiny difference that os getting me exited with anticipation over the impending LTE switch flip! :)

405 has been better for me. At the top of the 405 I was able to get 1500kbps down. The areas where I would always drop calls have gone back to the way it was. For a while there, I was dropping a calls six times through the pass... even just outside the pass between Sunset and Wilshire. Now it only happens on the North side going up or down. So far. so good. from Wilshire to the top of the 405. I hope it doesn't go backwards again.

Now if they can only fix the area just past the bridge and the 101. That area has been a problem for years!

• Like 1

I hope this is a sign of LTE coming to San Pedro. This test was taken at Field of Dreams soccer field near Westmont and Gaffey streets.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III (aka Sexy Beast) running Phantom Hacker Blazer ROM via Tapatalk 2

We know that LTE is coming to the LA market, and eHRPD is just the pre-cursor, so you should see LTE springing up all over LA as soon as Sprint stops blocking the towers.

We know that LTE is coming to the LA market, and eHRPD is just the pre-cursor, so you should see LTE springing up all over LA as soon as Sprint stops blocking the towers.

I'm excited because there is no Wimax in San Pedro and most of the peninsula area. The WiMax signal drops South of Pacific Coast Highway which was such a tease when I had the OG EVO, 3VO, and Epic 4G Touch because 3G data speeds were slow until a few months ago in the South Bay area (i.e. <.5 down and up) . I realize data speeds are relative, and I read many posts from others in Cajun Country (GEAUX TIGERS), Minnesota, Phoenix, etc who would dream to have such speeds. But Los Angeles is a world metropolitan area, and frankly there were many areas where data speeds were unacceptable.

And as I finish typing this post, my phone shows that I have no signal in my area. So I hope this is a sign that Sprint is testing the towers before unleashing LTE in my area.

I hope this is a sign of LTE coming to San Pedro. This test was taken at Field of Dreams soccer field near Westmont and Gaffey streets.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III (aka Sexy Beast) running Phantom Hacker Blazer ROM via Tapatalk 2

It's coming to Long Beach too! In 90804 ehrpd just got turned on. I couldn't send texts, sprint made me do the ##72786#. Had issues with activation, turned off me cdma/lte to just cdma. The activation of the phone finally worked. (it was failing with 1211 code when updating profiles)

I checked a few of my last speedtests, and Monterrey park got turned on too. The last pictures is from Long Beach. The usual speed in my house was around 20-40k, now I'm getting more than 10X that!

post-1946-0-44268900-1347746274_thumb.png

post-1946-0-14729400-1347746293_thumb.png

post-1946-0-86452700-1347746466_thumb.png

Edited by Pcguru2000

i am getting much higher data speeds all over the San Fernando valley lately. im even getting 3-4 bar of service at my home' date=' where i use to get 1-2 bars before. something is cooking...[/quote']

SFV is a definite Network Vision deployment area.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Nice I live in El Monte, not too far from Monterey Park I hope it does mean LTE around here :D

I'm in San Gabriel right now and took this speed test on San Gabriel Blvd. and Hermosa which is only a few mike away from El Monte.

post-769-1347817942651_thumb.jpg

post-769-13478179523311_thumb.jpg

I'm in San Gabriel right now and took this speed test on San Gabriel Blvd. and Hermosa which is only a few mike away from El Monte.

Alhambra (Valley Blvd) has horrible speeds. Glad to see neighbor city getting over 1 mb/s

SFV is a definite Network Vision deployment area.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

SFV has great coverage for me. The Westside however is worse than ever in some areas. I'm between the only two towers that are set and have apparently completed 3G network vision per your maps and I can barely do anything using 3g data. I'm really hoping the backbone hasn't been upgraded yet.

SFV has great coverage for me. The Westside however is worse than ever in some areas. I'm between the only two towers that are set and have apparently completed 3G network vision per your maps and I can barely do anything using 3g data. I'm really hoping the backbone hasn't been upgraded yet.

Most likely the backhaul upgrades aren't complete, or by some freak chance, your phone is connecting to a tower much further away. I live in a market with only bandaid fixes and sometimes my phone connects to really overburdened towers. It's terrible when that happens.

Ditto! It has fair-OK coverage (about 0.50 - 0.70Mbps Download all over the SFV for me (except east of Northridge (haven't been there lately). But then where I live, I get about 0.05-0.10Mpbs on a good day... Often the 3G icon is simply not visible on my phone at all.. and I live about 1.5 miles south of Ventura Blvd near Topanga Canyon Blvd. I'm really just holding my breath until LTE gets launched because right now, Navigation, Maps, Facebook, Picture Mail, and web browsing are just a fond memory on my phone.

I have confidence it will be any week now we will see testing starting up and the boards will light up with reports of LTE in various and sundry locations.

---bon courage my Los Angeles friends! It won't be long now...

Over the weekend they turned on ehrpd in orange county, is this the first step?

eHRPD is needed in LTE deployment areas (as well as areas adjacent to deployment areas). However, eHRPD has in some cases been deployed 6 months to a year in advance. So, it is not necessarily indicative of LTE imminence.

Robert